Thread: Barber shop

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Angry Barber shop

I went to the barber shop on Beta today, to try out the new customization..

In caster form, you could do all that was expected.. But in cat/bear form, I could only choose (5 different) color of stripes, and I couldn't find anything to do with Moonkin/Flight/Travel/Aqua/Tree forms.

Am I missing something here?

Stripes for 2 of 7 forms, isn't quite what I expected, when Blizzard promised customization for Druid forms.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

moonkin forms are still linked to races, there may still be a glyph for that astral form though.
    I believe this same idea exists for the travel forms.

Bear/cat should have all of your legion artifact appearances as well as your racial forms. So no you don't get to look like a Tauren druid if you are a troll but you do gain all your artifact appearances. If you have looted the firelands staff from staghelm you should also have firecat form(toy no longer needed)

Tree form has no power or effects linked to it, its a purely cosmetic gcd that replaces caster form is should still be accessible via a glyph

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    I went to the barber shop on Beta today, to try out the new customization..

In caster form, you could do all that was expected.. But in cat/bear form, I could only choose (5 different) color of stripes, and I couldn't find anything to do with Moonkin/Flight/Travel/Aqua/Tree forms.

Am I missing something here?

Stripes for 2 of 7 forms, isn't quite what I expected, when Blizzard promised customization for Druid forms.
    Did you character copy or create a fresh 60? On a fresh 60 that hasn't unlocked any new fancy forms, all they would have is the default skin options (which used to be based on your caster form customization choices). If you have unlocked fire kitty or legion forms, you should be able to use those if you character copy.

As for moonkin form, I do not think there is anything currently planned for that, only cat / bear right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I used a pre-made level 60, so MAYBE that one doesn't have artifacts etc unlocked, and can explain, why only stripes were possible on bear/cat.

But Moonkin should by all means have some customization, especially because the Smurfkin glyph is one of the biggest fails on the game (probably why almost no one uses it).

Also, with the barber shop upgrade, glyphs should have been a thing of the past..
    We have quite a few flight forms; why not let us choose between them, freely? We now have 2 per race PLUS derpy-owl from Legion. That's 9 forms, and you can only use two..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

I used a pre-made level 60, so MAYBE that one doesn't have artifacts etc unlocked, and can explain, why only stripes were possible on bear/cat.
    This is likely the reason then. I copied over mine who I played on with in Legion and that toon, and I created a new one to make sure they showed up, were showing all my Legion skins unlocked. You could select an artifact skin for each spec (so you could use mage tower feral form regardless of spec). The glyphs that use to change forms, like cheetah, are now 1 time use items that unlock the appearance to use there. You would also see flight form showing your class mount as well.

Edit: Added photo below

Here is what it looks like when you add in Artifacts / Druid Staff from Firelands. Granted this isn't all. Just that I had on this one when I transferred it.

We have quite a few flight forms; why not let us choose between them, freely? We now have 2 per race PLUS derpy-owl from Legion. That's 9 forms, and you can only use two..
    There's also the Glyph of the Sentinel that any race can use.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2020-10-13 at 06:05 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That pic makes me a bit more relaxed

Not perfect, but better

Were you expecting to be able to pick forms from different races, like bat form on night elf or raptor form on worgen, etc.?

Because they never implied they gonna do that or even planned to allow it.

Barber just let's you pick freely whatever form you could use before prepatch. You expected something that wasn't planned, your disappointment is your own failure in this.

That pic makes me a bit more relaxed

Not perfect, but better
    There's one for Aquatic form as well. I just didn't have any extras unlocked. I do now on live. Also, note in the screenshot there are more forms it's just that I've been lazy on unlocking my alts artifact skins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah.. Pre-patch is live now, and I have quite a few skins to choose from..

Would have prefered more than (fast) bat and derpy-owl for flight, though.. And Moonkin is still totally absent

Would have prefered more than (fast) bat and derpy-owl for flight, though.. And Moonkin is still totally absent
    Which race are you? There are a few glyphs you could use to get a few different forms. Moonkin I wouldn't be surprised if during Shadowlands or after gets some new forms.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Moonkin I wouldn't be surprised if during Shadowlands or after gets some new forms.
    Kyrian owl. GIEF NAO!!!

Now they've made a fully scalable solution to druid forms I REALLY hope they start throwing in more options each expansion.

Each expansion seems to have numerous cat, bird and bearish options. Just need one form for each to unlock with an item each expac/tier and it would be great to build up more looks.

Shadowlands, just drop in a Runestag, Gargan and Automaton Lion or Souleater form and I'd be happy.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Yeah.. Pre-patch is live now, and I have quite a few skins to choose from..

If it doesn't show up, it's because you don't have any other options. KT can choose from 4 different colour variations.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Kyrian owl. GIEF NAO!!!
    "Use: Learn how to assume Swolekin Form."

I was able to choose the the fire feral form.

I dont have the fire feral form.

Quote Originally Posted by Aulla View Post
    I was able to choose the the fire feral form.

I dont have the fire feral form.
    Flame Druid catform requires having Fandral's Flamescythe unlocked for transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Travel forms are learned from Glyphs, and then changable in the barber shop.
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Travel forms are learned from Glyphs, and then changable in the barber shop.
    From the AH or vender in Druid place?

Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    The glyphs are from the AH or from a Scribe. Once you get then you right-click and it permanently teaches it to you so you can change it in the Barbershop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shyzhi View Post
    Glyphs come from the AH, or someone with inscription
    ___________( •̪●) --(FOR THE ALLIANCE!)
    ░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▃
    ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
    I███████████████████].
    ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Quote Originally Posted by Huntaer View Post
    Glyphs come from the AH, or someone with inscription
    Well, technically they all come from someone with Inscription. Who might then put them on the AH.