Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    i mean it happened pretty quick, and hes a pure melee guy, what could he have done?
    Pretty sure he has a gun

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    Pretty sure he has a gun
    Not in wow, that is just a hero's of the storm thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Not in wow, that is just a hero's of the storm thing.
    He uses his pistol in Stormheim though

That was a rather pathetic cinematic.

Here's hoping there's more in the horizon as the pre-patch events develop.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skirdus View Post
    interesting, although speaking both weapons used are not the ones he uses elsewhere, it seems more of a "Grab whatever i can"

Nor do i actually think genn walks around with weapons all the time, compared to many other leaders he is not usually seen with his weapons on him, as he usually uses his claws.

Why is Thrall holding his axe with his wife?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HitRefresh View Post
    Idk if you know, but there are still a fair few people in orgrimmar who don't like thrall...
    better safe then sorry.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    Genn, you suck at protecting Anduin.
    It's like Seto Kaiba protecting Mokuba. lol

Quote Originally Posted by taishar68 View Post
    How does one see the cinematic?
    Considering it shows the leaders being kidnapped (well, it shows Anduin being kidnapped, with the implication that the others were kidnapped too), I'm assuming that cinematic will go live once the pre-patch event starts.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thrall's dual wielding battle axes heyo.

He was going through the rough part Orgrimmar. Always keep your hand on your melee gat.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    There is no indication whatsoever that the Jailer wouldn't be able to claim the souls of people killed within the Maw. Every time we've seen souls raising up, they start right from the body: Sylvanas when she was killed by Arthas in the Warbringer cinematic, Uther in the Bastion cinematic, when Arthas was killed, Bluther and Devos went down to where he died to claim him, etc. There may be an exception for players, but that's purely for game mechanics. I find it hard to believe that if they killed one of their prisoners in the Maw their soul would just vanish from under their fingers while the body cannot.

What you (and others) are saying is merely speculation you arrive at by working backwards from the narrative in order to make it fit. Now, you are free to speculate, but the resulting ideas don't have any weight in the discussion. Even as an attempted Watsonian explanation for the villains' peculiar actions, this is not the most straight-forward. The Jailer and/or Sylvanas having some reason to keep them alive (indoctrination, torture... training?, bait, etc) is far more reasonable and likely than them not being able to keep those four souls if the bodies are killed.
    Speculation is exactly what you are working with as well. There is no more validation of your point than mine. I am simply pointing out possibilities why the Jailer would not outright kill certain strong NPCs instead of holding them prisoner. As stated, Bwonsamdi has been able to keep Troll souls from going to the Maw, as well as Voljin avoiding the Maw with currently no help from any outside source. That alone is speculation enough to cast doubt on the whole idea of just outright killing some people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sialina View Post
    Yeah, martyrs will make all the peasants rise up, perfect, more souls for the maw. And traveling to Northrend via boat marching, there will be 1000s of opportunities to attack them. Do you know what is demoralizing in rea life? Fear, crippling fear.
    And there is nothing to show that having a head sent to a person is going to instill that fear. In some people, yes, it might. In others it can lead to an intense rise of hatred and want of justice and/or vengeance.
    Also, if you haven’t noticed, there’s strong parallels in your argument to that of the Lich King. Should the Horde and Alliance never marched to Icecrown to stop him, considering every person killed was a new soldier in his army?

Anduin is such beta energy
    Comes a time when we all gotta die...even kings.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    The writing team is bunch of retards imo....

Especially Bolvar's line "I knew she would come one day to seize this power to her self......" blah, blah, blah....

How the F*CK DID YOU KNOW THAT?!

What was the first thing that Sylvanas did once we killed Lich King (Arthas) - she literally committed suicide!

And Bolvars like "i knew she would come..."... could it be more retarded and meaningless?
    Man, indeed

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    It wasn't listed in the article, but just to make sure people are aware this cinematic was datamined and is not currently accessible yet in-game. It will be part of the Shadowlands pre-event questline whenever that goes live.
    Except it's not part of the Pre-Event questline. Blizzard released it earlier today as it was intended to probably be available during launch of the pre-patch and they didn't get a chance to put it up due to all the other issues that were going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Speculation is exactly what you are working with as well. There is no more validation of your point than mine. I am simply pointing out possibilities why the Jailer would not outright kill certain strong NPCs instead of holding them prisoner. As stated, Bwonsamdi has been able to keep Troll souls from going to the Maw, as well as Voljin avoiding the Maw with currently no help from any outside source. That alone is speculation enough to cast doubt on the whole idea of just outright killing some people.

- - - Updated - - -

And there is nothing to show that having a head sent to a person is going to instill that fear. In some people, yes, it might. In others it can lead to an intense rise of hatred and want of justice and/or vengeance.
    Also, if you haven’t noticed, there’s strong parallels in your argument to that of the Lich King. Should the Horde and Alliance never marched to Icecrown to stop him, considering every person killed was a new soldier in his army?
    The lich king didn't have an air army that could kill/kidnap people across Azeroth at will. For an example of what happens, see what happened to the Germans when the allies bombed them back to the stoneage during WW2. Did some Germans get angry? I'm sure they did. Did they know more bomb runs were coming? Sure they did. Did it still absolutely demolish morale, economy and their war machine? It absolutely did. Air superiority is very hard to fight against.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinerd View Post
    Someone should really ask Bolvar if he "knew" she was coming why he wasnt better prepared...

YA DONE GOOFED UP BOLVAR
    He didn't know she was working with the jailor.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymootwo View Post
    Things like this are something I never understand with cinematics or tv shows or movies. Why would you have Genn just stand there? As soon as those things flew outta the clouds he woulda worgen'd up and attacked. Atleast have him like kill 1 and the other still drags Anduin away or something. Anything lol. Was a good cinematic up until that point.
    "He woulda worgend up and attacked"

I didn't know worgen could fly mate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Considering it shows the leaders being kidnapped (well, it shows Anduin being kidnapped, with the implication that the others were kidnapped too), I'm assuming that cinematic will go live once the pre-patch event starts.
    Yes, when I posted I was just wondering if I'd missed an in game event, but I hadn't; the MMO news made it seem as if it was an in game unlock, when in fact it was just datamined.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

3+ Year Old Account
    anyone else think Sylvanas should have grabbed Vereesa and Alleria too in a "why won't you love me" energy?
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ardenaso View Post
    anyone else think Sylvanas should have grabbed Vereesa and Alleria too in a "why won't you love me" energy?
    She should definitely have. Bonus points if all three Cringerunners stay stranded in the Shadowlands to be never seen again
    Quote Originally Posted by trimble View Post
    WoD was the expansion that was targeted at non raiders.