Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Mage Tower appearances unlocked.

I logged in and noticed when looking through my transmog that I am able to transmog to the mage tower appearance for my Prot Pally. Anyone else have it unlocked for them?

Blizz announced that artifact weapons would be trasmoggable across spec now, and on a perhand/offhand basis.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    I logged in and noticed when looking through my transmog that I am able to transmog to the mage tower appearance for my Prot Pally. Anyone else have it unlocked for them?
    Are you saying you are able to transmog a mage tower appearance that you did NOT unlock?

is it true? because that would be amazing for players who missed legion.

and i'm still mad about the ancestral phoenix eggs from MoP

If this is about being able to mpg it while not having done it then I am sure it will be fixed before long.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Are you saying you are able to transmog a mage tower appearance that you did NOT unlock?
    Exactly, I should have clarified that. I made attempts but never actually completed it. I only recognized it because it's that awesome flail that shakes around. I have checked all of my other characters and nothing extra has been unlocked.

Seems to be a bug that only occured to this one character.

Welp, it'll be fun to have while I have it. I'm sure it'll be gone before long.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2020-10-14 at 04:53 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Exactly, I should have clarified that. I made attempts but never actually completed it. I only recognized it because it's that awesome flail that shakes around. I have checked all of my other characters and nothing extra has been unlocked.

Checked a couple of my characters just in case, sadly, nothing unexpectedly unlocked for me.

Are you sure it is that flail while I don't know if one handed weapons exist for it I know a host of off hands do. Not to sound overly skeptical but it's unlikely you have it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Are you sure it is that flail while I don't know if one handed weapons exist for it I know a host of off hands do. Not to sound overly skeptical but it's unlikely you have it.
    I now have both the flail and the shield, the base tint from the mage tower. I'm fairly sure it's a unique model so I don't think it's some other item. It also IS Oathseeker in my appearances tab.

I don't know how to provide proof, besides a pic of it in my appearance tab. Can I see the achievement for mage tower even if I dont have it?

to be clear, you need to have unlocked it in legion, and its on a mainhand / offhand basis now, and spec does not matter.

example: you did the prot war mage tower in legion. you can be fury and wield the prot war weapon in both hands.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Die View Post
    to be clear, you need to have unlocked it in legion, and its on a mainhand / offhand basis now, and spec does not matter.

example: you did the prot pally mage tower in legion. you can be fury and wield the prot flail in both hands.
    I never unlocked it, in any spec, on any character. I logged in today and noticed I had the prot pally mage tower appearance.

bellular mentions this at 11 minutes. he says fury warrior can dual wield prot pally flails!

10+ Year Old Account
    speaking of oddities, are we supposed to be able to transmog a lot of higher-end stuff at lower levels? I've got raid gear and those island expedition transmogs unlocked on lvl 10s.

10+ Year Old Account
    bellular mentions this at 11 minutes. he says fury warrior can dual wield prot pally flails!
    I'm not sure how to explain any clearer ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    speaking of oddities, are we supposed to be able to transmog a lot of higher-end stuff at lower levels? I've got raid gear and those island expedition transmogs unlocked on lvl 10s.
    I guess it's because 10-50 just kind exists as one thing now. Everything is just kinda scaled to you, at least in chromie time it is.

I should also mention I'm not complaining, I love getting free stuff that I didn't earn, but I just wanted to know if anyone else had this 'issue'.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2020-10-14 at 05:32 AM.

Sounds like an error in the item Id then would mog it and see if you can hang onto it as a novelty later

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Sounds like an error in the item Id then would mog it and see if you can hang onto it as a novelty later
    Oh yeah it's mogged. I'm keeping it on as long as I can.

Quote Originally Posted by terminaltrip421 View Post
    Yes. It's intended.

From a lore perspective our new characters are all veterans just like our old ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Protean View Post
    Yes. It's intended.

From a lore perspective our new characters are all veterans just like our old ones.
    they shoudl disable transmog until you reach max level to get back the adventurer flair imo.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    they shoudl disable transmog until you reach max level to get back the adventurer flair imo.
    Absolutely not. Heck, with xp bonus removed it's now probably the strongest aspect of heirloom gear that you keep your transmog for the entire leveling experience.

I don't want to look like garbage while leveling. You can simply not transmog your gear while leveling if you insist on that "adventurer flair" but I'm sure you'll continue to use heirlooms anyway, so you'll just look like every other person wearing heirlooms without transmogging it.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

I noticed the same thing. I never did any mage tower on my Druid but I have the feral form from the mage tower. Haven’t been able to log in for a bit but I’ll see if I can post proof later