Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    This sounds nice, Im gonna check my guardian spec when I can login and see if I magically have the mage tower tint unlocked too.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    they shoudl disable transmog until you reach max level to get back the adventurer flair imo.
    Aye, I second this. It is so much fun running around ins a mish mash of various gear, especially if you are a plate user. It's like looking at left over shepard's pie .

7+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope they either take away bugged appearences or make the bug a feature ....

#TEAMGIRAFFE

If only the "This Side Up" artifact appearance could bug out and unlock...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninji
    "lets loose quik" is the only alliance pride I am aware of

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post
    I logged in and noticed when looking through my transmog that I am able to transmog to the mage tower appearance for my Prot Pally. Anyone else have it unlocked for them?
    Out of curiosity, could you actually xmog to it? I noticed this on my DK mid BFA. I didn't play DK in the expansion but unholy looked like it had its tower appearance unlocked, but I couldn't actually mog it. It showed up in the mog viewer as unlocked but was still unusable.

I imagine it’s a bug but SS if true

Quote Originally Posted by Tincjin View Post
    I know it's stupid and super naive to say, but I hope this is not a bug, but an undocumented change.

I unlocked the Mage Tower appearance on my shaman back when it was my main; but I've never liked the appearances, I only did it to have it done.
    However I really love the paladin one. And I've only changed to my paladin main at the end of BfA. Now I'm stuck with a big 'fuck you' for not changing my main during Legion.
    My main was a DK and of course I did all the mage tower with him... but the expansion was so looong and boring I found myself easily doing the mage tower on alts. Power creep even on alts was huge and the last two weeks you could do the tower it became waaay easier. Plus by then you've seen and likely beaten all the bosses on one of your toons (Still hate that mage boss!). I think I unlocked 20, I started a little too late to unlock ones on classes I never played before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Out of curiosity, did you finish the tanking challenge on any other tanking-capable class? maybe that could be it, if you did.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

I posted this earlier in thread but it seems to have vanished..
    I think this "bug" might be due to Blizz having had to split this weapon into separate mogs so you can do just the flail or just the shield.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibbler View Post
    I noticed the same thing. I never did any mage tower on my Druid but I have the feral form from the mage tower. Haven’t been able to log in for a bit but I’ll see if I can post proof later
    Same I never did any Mage Tower unlocks on any characters, yet I have them all unlocked for transmog (well all the ones I have so far checked).

Amazing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Any update on this? I still only have the ones I managed to get back during Legion, so it would be nice to see it clarified :X

#TEAMGIRAFFE

15+ Year Old Account
    Weirdly I think I've been given PvP Artifacts that I never bothered to get.

Didn't Blizz say that you can use e.g. staff mogs for daggers etc.?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alithia View Post
    Didn't Blizz say that you can use e.g. staff mogs for daggers etc.?
    Right but that has nothing to do with artifact appearances you never had before suddenly unlocking.

Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Right but that has nothing to do with artifact appearances you never had before suddenly unlocking.
    Just wondering. because on ym mage I could only mog wands over wands.

I unlocked all 36 base appearances back in Legion. I wouldn't mind some alternative way for people to unlock the appearances post Legion, but I don't think just giving them out for free is the way to go about it. This mostly sounds like a bug though.

That said, I'd also love to see an alternative way of unlocking the 10 RBG wins reskin, or at least have that requirement be account wide and only having to complete it once to unlock the skin for all classes/specs with the base appearance unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

A really shrewd Activision business move would be to "accidentally" unlock them all for players & let people use them for a week. Then go "oops! that's a bug!" and remove them. Then come back a month later and put them all in the cash shop "due to popular demand".

10+ Year Old Account

Screenshots, the first one shows that I do not have the achievement for completing the mage tower. This character was my only max lvl character during Legion, only character I made attempts with.

Here is my character on the wow armory, if you want to look at my achievements.
    Last edited by Taurous; 2020-10-14 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taurous View Post

Screenshots, the first one shows that I do not have the achievement for completing the mage tower. This character was my only max lvl character during Legion, only character I made attempts with.

Here is my character on the wow armory, if you want to look at my achievements.
    Then its a bug and will be removed if you never earned it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyswayzee View Post
    they shoudl disable transmog until you reach max level to get back the adventurer flair imo.
    Or you could just... y'know... not use the transmog feature until you reach max level?
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...