Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Gold making in Shadowlands?

    We all know the game has several options when it comes to making gold (professions, AH playing, etc), but apparently the raw gold from farming and selling old content drops (i.e. raids) has been slashed by about 70%. I myself have always enjoyed farming old raids to get missing transmog pieces while also collecting a hefty amount of gold, but this is no longer possible. So, this is basically aimed towards those who played the beta, what are some options to make gold? Do we have a mission table with gold rewards as we did in Draenor? Do world quests give more gold? Or did they just decide to give a big "fuck you" to people who ran old instances?

  2. #2
    Gathering professions are the best time to make gold upon new expansions. Ditch both to grab Herbalism and Mining, and go nuts selling them mats for a ton. Then go back to your original professions and relearn your crafts using them books. I've easily made a LOT of gold [3 million in BfA] in the first week of expansions.

  3. #3
    Get high quality BOEs and sell them. Everyone trying to rush down the new raid is going to pay a premium for better gear.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Gathering professions are the best time to make gold upon new expansions. Ditch both to grab Herbalism and Mining, and go nuts selling them mats for a ton. Then go back to your original professions and relearn your crafts using them books. I've easily made a LOT of gold [3 million in BfA] in the first week of expansions.
    this is a terrible idea

    just make an alt LOL

  5. #5
    I'm looking forward to the new way too as I made most of my gold from old raids/dungeons. After the initial burst from selling mats whats the new source, or is blizz trying to funnel gold out of the game/make it more rare?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawpurr View Post
    this is a terrible idea

    just make an alt LOL
    Some people tend to level up with their mains first...

  7. #7
    just to show how much mats will be in demand, i calculated how many mats you need to craft 1 level 4 plate base item for legendaries:

    953 of each of the 4 zone specific ores, 3812 in total

    1905 Elethium Ore, the new rarest ore
    5715 Soul Dust, to turn into Enchanted Elethium Bars

    4380 Luminous Flux, 5g each from a vendor
    200 Orboreal Shards, 1000g each from a vendor

    without Ah values, the vendor buy costs alone are 221900g for ONE armorpiece at level 4.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    just to show how much mats will be in demand, i calculated how many mats you need to craft 1 level 4 plate base item for legendaries:

    953 of each of the 4 zone specific ores, 3812 in total

    1905 Elethium Ore, the new rarest ore
    5715 Soul Dust, to turn into Enchanted Elethium Bars

    4380 Luminous Flux, 5g each from a vendor
    200 Orboreal Shards, 1000g each from a vendor

    without Ah values, the vendor buy costs alone are 221900g for ONE armorpiece at level 4.
    is this legit ? BFA was a concerted effort to absolutely funnel gold out of the economy with massive gold sinks everywhere and SL's dosnt seem to have an obvious source of gold gain.

    Was hoping they would take a step back on gold suck.

  9. #9
    Selling torghast runs to get people the mount to use in the maw will likely be excessively profitable.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Narzok View Post
    just to show how much mats will be in demand, i calculated how many mats you need to craft 1 level 4 plate base item for legendaries:

    953 of each of the 4 zone specific ores, 3812 in total

    1905 Elethium Ore, the new rarest ore
    5715 Soul Dust, to turn into Enchanted Elethium Bars

    4380 Luminous Flux, 5g each from a vendor
    200 Orboreal Shards, 1000g each from a vendor

    without Ah values, the vendor buy costs alone are 221900g for ONE armorpiece at level 4.
    I think it use to work like that but not any more. It's actually 10+5+5 crafts now, ten crafts to get to rank two and then five crafts for rank's three and four. You get two skill points per craft from rank 2 to 3 and four points (to get to twenty) for rank 3 to 4. It's unnecessarily done that way though and needs to change.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9uguYwJidQ

    This is how it works now.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1292913773

    And his handy spreadsheet.

    It will cost crafters 55000 gold to get each legendary to rank four plus lots of mats. Leatherworkers have sixteen leggos, smiths and tailors have eight and JCs have just the two.

    That gold cost for orboreal shards needs to go.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Xentronium View Post
    I think it use to work like that but not any more. It's actually 10+5+5 crafts now, ten crafts to get to rank two and then five crafts for rank's three and four. You get two skill points per craft from rank 2 to 3 and four points (to get to twenty) for rank 3 to 4. It's unnecessarily done that way though and needs to change.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9uguYwJidQ

    This is how it works now.

    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1292913773

    And his handy spreadsheet.

    It will cost crafters 55000 gold to get each legendary to rank four plus lots of mats. Leatherworkers have sixteen leggos, smiths and tailors have eight and JCs have just the two.

    That gold cost for orboreal shards needs to go.
    thanks for clearing it up, was going by the guide from WoWhead, will need to update my lists.
    The above mentioned remarks, ideas and notions are simply my thought on this topic. I do not wish to aggravate, denounce or criticize anyone who, for whatever reason, may disagree.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Krakan View Post
    Selling torghast runs to get people the mount to use in the maw will likely be excessively profitable.
    Doubt it. Torghast is faceroll easy now.

  13. #13
    That's just the cost to get the pattern. As the end consumer of a 235 legendary its just the materials + tip. I farmed the leather needed for my 235 craft in 2 hours on Beta. Then bought all the dust since dust is everywhere on the AH (though 4000g apiece at the time). The person that crafted it took 25 extra of the enchanted hide as "payment" since gold has no value on beta. Including that extra 25 it was only a couple hours of farming from level 1 Skinning at the start.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    Gathering professions are the best time to make gold upon new expansions. Ditch both to grab Herbalism and Mining, and go nuts selling them mats for a ton. Then go back to your original professions and relearn your crafts using them books. I've easily made a LOT of gold [3 million in BfA] in the first week of expansions.
    The books were a legion only thing, weren't they?
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2020-10-18 at 09:13 PM.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

  15. #15
    Dunno if it'll be the same, but when BFA dropped crafted gear was going for dumb amounts of gold as it pushed people into heroics quicker, I made a solid 2m from it.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinte View Post
    Doubt it. Torghast is faceroll easy now.
    They are never hard but it turns into a gear check.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Chromell View Post
    We all know the game has several options when it comes to making gold (professions, AH playing, etc), but apparently the raw gold from farming and selling old content drops (i.e. raids) has been slashed by about 70%. I myself have always enjoyed farming old raids to get missing transmog pieces while also collecting a hefty amount of gold, but this is no longer possible. So, this is basically aimed towards those who played the beta, what are some options to make gold? Do we have a mission table with gold rewards as we did in Draenor? Do world quests give more gold? Or did they just decide to give a big "fuck you" to people who ran old instances?
    alchimy is a good option in shadowland with the change to potion , with the 5 minute cd you will have now, some fight will take you 3-4 potions and not 2 max anymore like it is actually in bfa

    but like the others said, just farm mine, herb and you will be rich if you dont care to raise up your crafting profession

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    The books were a legion only thing, weren't they?
    yeah but , the crafting now is linking to the actual expansion, so you dont need anymore to raise it up from the bottom, my main character is blacksmiting and Engineering, since a few expansion, i always change for mining and herb gathering at the start of an expansion making a mountain of gold in the process, when i feel that it become more harder to sell your ore and herb , i go back to my real profession

    and...i dont see why it should be different in shadowland

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Pawpurr View Post
    this is a terrible idea

    just make an alt LOL
    I had the same mindset going into BFA but the truth was I just... well, I wanted to play my main more. It's the difference between logging on to play a character you want and getting some gold on the side and forcing yourself to just farm. It was nice making thousands of gold passively just playing the game how I wanted to.

  19. #19
    Have some alts ready to level there, and get Mining and Herbalism, just play the game and passively sell everything you get on the way. At the beginning of the expansion this will be a substantially "easy" short term way to get some gold.

    If you are looking ahead, you might want to just get Herbalism and Alchemy, selling pots will always be profitable to some extent mid and late into an expansion.

    Getting gold was nerfed, so be mindful of your expenses, and try the mobile app for the table missions here and then.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by kaintk View Post
    yeah but , the crafting now is linking to the actual expansion, so you dont need anymore to raise it up from the bottom, my main character is blacksmiting and Engineering, since a few expansion, i always change for mining and herb gathering at the start of an expansion making a mountain of gold in the process, when i feel that it become more harder to sell your ore and herb , i go back to my real profession

    and...i dont see why it should be different in shadowland
    Well he wrote you just relearn your crafts with books, which is not the case. You lose all old recipes you had, which, depending on how you treat your crafting profession, can be something you do not want - especially if you have recipes which were a pain in the ass to get. Like losing all your glyph recipes would be kinda detrimental in the long run, alchemy, especially with the new "totally RPG-like /s" restrictions, not so much.

    Btw, alchemy, or more precisely herbalism, will be a guarant for lots of money. With the way herbs currently spawn in beta and the fact that you practically get barely any during the first 100 skill points while leveling, it's going to be a fleecer's paradise the first 2 weeks of raiding.
    Last edited by Haidaes; 2020-10-19 at 10:31 AM.
    /tar Tinker-zealot /point /lol
    WoW:Shadowlands - Danuser's Divina Commedia?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •