15+ Year Old Account

TipTac replacement?

I've been using TipTap for many many years of my WoW experience and it stopped being updated over a year & a half ago. Well 9.0 completely broke it so now I need a replacement. People were reporting the break on the curseforge page for the addon going back as early as Aug 2020. For those not familiar with TipTac its an addon that allows you to move the tooltip in game to be where ever you want it to be instead of defaulted in the bottom right corner directly above your bags.

MoveAnything allows you to move, well, anything. Works great as of a few patches ago before I went back to ElvUI for a bit.

- Tiny Tooltip
    - Tiptop

Thoose are the ones I can think of right now.

Been using leatrix plus. Has a bunch of quality of life things, one being the ability to move, rescale, and recolor tooltips.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Restors View Post
    - Tiny Tooltip
    - Tiptop

Thoose are the ones I can think of right now.
    Thanks a ton for the info. I ended up going with Tiny Tooltip after checking it out. I'm loving it actually. IMHO its better than Tip Tap was.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Thanks a ton for the info. I ended up going with Tiny Tooltip after checking it out. I'm loving it actually. IMHO its better than Tip Tap was.
    Glad I could help

there is a fix on tiptac curse page that fixes it by changing 2 lines in the addon text file :

changing line 371 in ttItemRef.lua from:

local _, currencyCount, currencyTexture = GetCurrencyInfo(id);

to:

local _, currencyCount, currencyTexture = C_CurrencyInfo.GetCurrencyInfo(id);

and

I changed line 4 of ttStyle.lua from

local GetQuestGreenRange = GetQuestGreenRange;
    to

local GetQuestGreenRange = UnitQuestT

Puts the "Super" in Supermod Venara's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Be advised that the above fixes only the actual tooltip display. If you try to go into options, for example, you'll get errors and your tooltip style will break. If you never need to open the options, you might be fine.

These are band-aid fixes to the core function only. They are by no means a proper fix of the entire addon.

Also, the comments page lists a lot more line changes than you quoted.

The other line changes *may* fix the option issues, haven't tested. My last test was yesterday before some of these other line changes were posted.
    Last edited by Venara; 2020-10-15 at 07:21 PM.
    For Moderation Concerns, please contact a Global:
    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

https://prnt.sc/v0j6g6

It's working fine with those two fixes only I don't know what you mean.

Just (very happily) adding that this is working for me as well, and all seemingly works normally. The community-sourced fixes are now being rolled into a GitHub repo available in the comments section of the TipTac Curse page (which I can't link here).

I removed the old TipTac, downloaded the updated master file from the repo, manually dropped the four replacement folders into to Addons, and launched the game. No issues or LUA errors so far.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone is very kindly going to look into fixing the backdrops and border settings. The curse page has the links to the latest commits with everyone's fixes incorporated, but some features still don't work. I'll wait patiently, cause i don't like tinytooltip at all.
    Last edited by Will; 2020-10-17 at 10:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was trying to look for a fix or replacement when i saw this topic.

Searched a few forums, edited a few lines and now it works:

https://gofile.io/d/lLupRW

Thought id share.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Someone is very kindly going to look into fixing the backdrops and border settings. The curse page has the links to the latest commits with everyone's fixes incorporated, but some features still don't work. I'll wait patiently, cause i don't like tinytooltip at all.
    I've been using tiny tooltip since it was suggested in here to me and find that although its nice to have the tooltip where the mouse is the loss of faction & spec in the tooltip sucks. I liked being able to see both of those things when I targeted someone. With Void Elves & Blood Elves looking nearly identical now and then the whole thing of the Pandaran, its nice to see factions not just specs too.

I, too, have been using TipTac since the before time. Mine has zero issues in its current form. It could be another addon that's interfering.

https://github.com/enolgor/wow-addon-tiptac

I haven't personally used it. So I can't speak for how well it works.