Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    What's misleading about it? You will be fighting the scourge in the Pre-expansion update.
    THIS IS the pre-patch update according to them.
    Playing since 2007.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Kami Dende View Post
    It quite literally gives you 2 links, to both the survival guide and Patch notes. The Patch Notes literally has at the top of the page right beneath the release date this text.

Death Rising – Limited Time Event
    Shortly after the pre-expansion launch, you’ll be called upon to defend Azeroth from an undead invasion as the Scourge sweep across the land.

Made the important part visible.
    Do you honestly believe 100% of everyone reading will click those links?
    Like others have already pointed out the email says "Fight the Scourge in the Shadowlands Pre-expansion Update".

So yeah, it is misleading indeed since there is no scourge to be seen other than the old expansions scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    Do you honestly believe 100% of everyone reading will click those links?
    Like others have already pointed out the email says "Fight the Scourge in the Shadowlands Pre-expansion Update".

So yeah, it is misleading indeed since there is no scourge to be seen other than the old expansions scourge.
    Everyone who is Interested in the PrePatch should look into the Patchnotes. And it might be misleading for people who apparently cant be bothered to read more than one sentence, but thats something that every company everywhere does.
    But with someone who has more than one living braincell, it should be obvious that: "in the Shadowlands Pre-expansion Update" is a timespan, and not neccessary "Now". Especially if you have been playing in any recent addon. As almost all events/patch features started a bit after the Patch actually dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    I see so it was just a marketing lie sent by blizzard to get me resubbed to their game.

Props to them, they got 13 euros out of my wallet but I will never believe this company BS ever again.
    Oh, chill the fuck out - if you're that bothered then try and get a refund instead of posting like a whiney man-baby.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Everyone who is Interested in the PrePatch should look into the Patchnotes. And it might be misleading for people who apparently cant be bothered to read more than one sentence, but thats something that every company everywhere does.
    But with someone who has more than one living braincell, it should be obvious that: "in the Shadowlands Pre-expansion Update" is a timespan, and not neccessary "Now". Especially if you have been playing in any recent addon. As almost all events/patch features started a bit after the Patch actually dropped.
    From what I can remember most prepatches came with a quest when you logged in, and something to do, unlike now.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it should be fairly easy to call my bank and make a chargeback on the transaction.
    I will wait 24 hours to see if I get another email from Blizzard Activision with an explanation about their misleading message.
    OK Karen. You do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I got the exact same email tonight and you're not reading it correctly. Pay close attention to the highlighted part. Nowhere in the email you got nor that I got did it say that the Scourge invasion started today. Read the highlighted part very closely. Your failure to read does not mean Blizzard lied to you.

I mean it also says "Now the master of the Scourge no longer has control over his minions, so it falls on you to stop them before it's too late." right above that which is the pre-patch event. Also as others pointed out already it says "more" is available.
    Elune: "My sister needed Anima so I let my favoured people die. What is this 'Maw' you speak of?"
    Daily reminder that Steam has never had a monopoly on PC Gaming, don't mistake age and popularity for domination.
    Because people don't understand words: Forced and Necessity

3+ Year Old Account
    I see so it was just a marketing lie sent by blizzard to get me resubbed to their game.

Props to them, they got 13 euros out of my wallet but I will never believe this company BS ever again.
    this is the biggest and funniest BS ive ever read.
    MMO-Champion Forum
    noun

1. a place where people who stopped playing World of Warcraft 10 years ago gather to tell those who still enjoy the game, how bad it is right now.

10+ Year Old Account

It's been fairly common knowledge that the scourge event was kicked back when SL was kicked back.

Not Blizzards fault you didn't read the patch notes or stay up to date.
    Putin khuliyo

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    From what I can remember most prepatches came with a quest when you logged in, and something to do, unlike now.
    That’s true but this is a much bigger and more complex prepatch than normal, with the level and stat squish. And then you have all the other issues that this year has brought. I think we will see the quests in a couple of weeks and SL about a month after

If only there was some sort of website that reported on up to date announcements, and had a number of articles outlining the fact that the event wasn’t going live this week...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by elgarta View Post
    If only there was some sort of website that reported on up to date announcements, and had a number of articles outlining the fact that the event wasn’t going live this week...
    If only the OP was posting on such a website . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    If you can check your email you can check mmo-champion. You should've known what it's in it and what isn't. It's on the front page.
    Yep, like I said, it's just blatant clickbait. Nice company.

You're so silly. Don't you know you're supposed to resub three weeks after the prepatch hits?

They only ever shit out the actual content afterwards while advertising it go be available day one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by elgarta View Post
    Shouldn't have to look at shitty articles to know what's happening. Blizz should be upfront about it on their advertisements.

It's like if a grocery store had posters of a certain product up outside the store (with the current day's date on it), only for customers to discover that product is coming in next fucking month lmao

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it should be fairly easy to call my bank and make a chargeback on the transaction.
    I will wait 24 hours to see if I get another email from Blizzard Activision with an explanation about their misleading message.
    The incredible entitlement.

I am glad I did not get into game design but stuck with the business-side of development. What do you think Blizzard is going to do? Apologize to you for misinterpreting the email? Give you a refund because you didn't read anything (and you're a 7-year member of this forum, so it's not like you're not used to looking at WoW news) about the prepatch and its events? Come to your house in a helicopter and personally shake your hand for being so adult in this terrible, trying situation?

I feel bad for any previously unsubbed players that got tricked into subbing back with the promise of a scourge invasion.

Not everyone reads MMO-C or lurks Blizzard-forums.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Might not be a grocery store, but that is how they sell new cars in my country - because there is a high chance it isn't available in the colour you want etc. Since we are comparing apples and oranges, I thought I also contribute with a bad comparison.

On the other hand I agree to "Shouldn't have to look at shitty articles to know what's happening." - yet we all happily visit wowhead and Icy veins for info that the game doesn't tell us.
    Lmao, it's bad because you don't like how it represents a valid argument that false advertisement is shit. This a comparison of false advertisement vs false advertisement under the exact same circumstances. And how do I know it's plausible for a grocery store to do something as silly as this? Because mine did, the same one I work at. We even sent out emails of the same poster.

Again, the argument is that when Blizz puts out advertisements for a product, especially since it involves a subscription, they should put out a lot more info than they do. Otherwise we wind up with situations like OP.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Which in fact "we" do constantly. If not with buying a game, then maybe with a shitty insurance or any other cruddy product: Hence: "Let the buyer beware" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caveat_emptor

Seriously....anyone like OP being outraged by that - how do they navigate daily life? You telling me the companies out there advertising are all honest and don't want our money?

You must assume that everyone wants to screw you over, so read carefully before you shell out your money. And yes...if 13 dollars is hurting anyone so much, all the more reason to do a little research before opening your wallet.

Hate Blizzard for all you want...I am fine with that. But damn...people need to grow balls and take responsible for their decisions if they want to be taken seriously as grown ups. Oh...and by the way...this forum regularly has threads telling people NOT to pre-order, NOT to trust Blizzard...and ppl usually are like "Don't you be telling me what to do with my money - because I earned it, it is my decision and I am a grown up"
    It isn't too much to ask for these companies to be honest, and to call them out on their bullshit. Which is what OP is doing.

I started a new character and chose Legion has my leveling zone. It made me do the pre quests and even the pre legion scenario and now it wants me to do the artifact weapon stuff....can none of this be skipped? It’s taking a ridiculous amount of time just to get started here.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    I guess "the fighting versus darkness once more" is all about having a new beard.
    But yeah. Just a blatant misleading commercial emailing. A clickbait.
    We will get to fight versus the darkness once more. But this patch was not to do that. That event (not patch) was happening later even when it was initially released in the news. The initial release never said that upon release of the pre-patch that we would be fighting the scourge. It had always been scheduled to happen closer to the actual release of the expansion.

You are more than welcome to call your bank for a chargeback. If they grant you that you should keep in mind that Blizzard will ban your account from use until you pay for the amount that was charged back. That has happened to just about every single person who has done that exact thing through their bank. Again its not Blizzard's fault that you failed to read what they said nor did you click the links they provided that explained in more detail the timeframe of when stuff will be happening nor did you read ANY of the news posted on this very site you made a post in here to complain about how you got "lied to" from Blizzard. Your choice to be ignorant =/= being lied to or deceived.