Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    I see so it was just a marketing lie sent by blizzard to get me resubbed to their game.

Props to them, they got 13 euros out of my wallet but I will never believe this company BS ever again.
    Your lack of reading comprehension is not blizzards problem, nor is anyone here blizzard so wtf do you expect us to do.

I got an email today from Blizzard Activision titled 'Fight the Scourge in the Shadowlands Pre-expansion Update.'

I log in but there's no scourge to fight, just stuff removed and new bugs, is there something I am missing?
    Did you bother clicking on the link that provides you with all the info you desired? Or just bitching to bitch? I mean it was on the front page of MMO-champ saying the content will be next week. Seriously. The info is there, why do so many refuse to absorb it?

I just got it today and it is definitely a super scammy email. Then again, I expect nothing else from modern Blizzard.
    Only someone in complete denial can pretend that's not what they meant to do. They knew exactly what they were doing with this scammy email.

Blademaster
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pohut View Post
    I just got it today and it is definitely a super scammy email. Then again, I expect nothing else from modern Blizzard.
    Only someone in complete denial can pretend that's not what they meant to do. They knew exactly what they were doing with this scammy email.
    If you read the email there is nothing scammy at all. Yeah the headline is a bit misleading, but the body of the email explains what's going on pretty spot on. Reading is important.

Sure, let's do this:

Subject: Fight the Scourge in the Shadowlands Pre-expansion Update
    Body:
    Buddy, Sylvanas Windrunner bested the Lich King atop Icecrown Citadel, destroying the Helm of Domination. Now the master of the Scourge no longer has control over his minions, so it falls on you to stop them before it's too late.

The Shadowlands pre-expansion update is now available, and heroes like you are needed to fight against darkness once more. System updates such as new character customisation options, level and stat readjustments, and more are available now to all players. Watch our Survival Guide video for more details or read the patch notes and get ready for battle!
    Subject and the first paragraph are talking about fighting the scourge.
    Second paragraph mentions other systems "and more". And doesn't mention anything that is available later.
    That's super scammy and super scummy behaviour. If USA was a proper country with proper consumer protection laws, they would've been done for false advertising.

I see so it was just a marketing lie sent by blizzard to get me resubbed to their game.

Props to them, they got 13 euros out of my wallet but I will never believe this company BS ever again.
    Not a lie. You interpreted it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Prrove it. Show us you link backing up your accusations.

It's not a scummy e-mail. YOu are interpreting it in the way that allows you to make that false claim. You are pushing the narrative you want to push.

If you get this upset over one little email, you must be very new to the internet. This may help:

There is no Nigerian prince that will give you any money.

Nothing is wrong with your computer, and you don't have to call Microsoft to have them fix it.

You don't have an encrypted message from someone you've never heard of, so you don't have to worry about losing out if you don't click on something before it's too late.

Hope that keeps you well rested and stress free.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Anyone know if you have to be max level to do the pre-event? Are the daily quests open to sub-50s and can you buy the "catch up" gear (for transmog) without being 50? Thanks.

Edit: Also, if I collect the Alliance pieces for transmog does it register as the Horde pieces too or would I have to get both factions separately?
    Last edited by Lane; 2020-10-16 at 06:48 AM.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Not a lie. You interpreted it wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Prrove it. Show us you link backing up your accusations.

It's not a scummy e-mail. YOu are interpreting it in the way that allows you to make that false claim. You are pushing the narrative you want to push.
    Subject: Fight the Scourge in the Shadowlands Pre-expansion Update
    Body:
    Buddy, Sylvanas Windrunner bested the Lich King atop Icecrown Citadel, destroying the Helm of Domination. Now the master of the Scourge no longer has control over his minions, so it falls on you to stop them before it's too late.

The Shadowlands pre-expansion update is now available, and heroes like you are needed to fight against darkness once more. System updates such as new character customisation options, level and stat readjustments, and more are available now to all players. Watch our Survival Guide video for more details or read the patch notes and get ready for battle!
    Can you read? What do you thing the subject and first paragraph mean? Are you going to fight the Scourge in pre-patch or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you read? What do you thing the subject and first paragraph mean? Are you going to fight the Scourge in pre-patch or not?
    Eventually but not right now.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Eventually but not right now.
    It doesn't say that anywhere though. It implies that it happening right now.

I cant even do anything in the prepatch , Mouse is all fucked up. Intermittently stops working, cant move camera cant move character, cant click on buttons . All add ons disabled and still wont work, Buggiest and shittiest Patch I can ever recall, 5 days after and still too many problems
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I cant even do anything in the prepatch , Mouse is all fucked up. Intermittently stops working, cant move camera cant move character, cant click on buttons . All add ons disabled and still wont work, Buggiest and shittiest Patch I can ever recall, 5 days after and still too many problems
    Ouch. Imagine what the expansion launch is going to be like.

Quote Originally Posted by pepine View Post
    Ouch. Imagine what the expansion launch is going to be like.
    Its gonna be a epic shit show. I dont recall ever seeing so many issues with a patch , the Tech support board is flooded. Good thing there is no content to do because shit aint working . Hell they cant even fix the Graphics cards issues. Quality has gone out the fucking window
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam