Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
... LastLast
  1. #121
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Part of the reason that the mount is basically disappearing (aside from the BMAH) is because Blizz roughly stated that putting an AH on a mount wasn't a good idea in the long run, as it shrunk the world and made the AH way too convenient if you can access it anywhere. Fortunately for Blizz, 5mil gold is beyond most of the WoW population, so the amount of AH mounts out there isn't that great.
    I'm in a realm with at least 50 guilds above top 2000 and it's EVERYWHERE. This is well spread in the game right now among people that play constantly for years. Hell I would probably have one if I wasn't stopping playing every once in a while snice it generally took me a month to make 1 mil without any special tricks or guild run sales.

  2. #122
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    But it is an advantage, not a big but a small one.

    Which is what his opinion was from the start - That people didnt understood and blew up way out of proportion.
    It isn't even a small one, they literally have a human body outside of raids that does their auctioning for them, and they are also prepared before going in......they have thousands upon thousands of flasks/runes/pots/etc in the gbank and on their person...it is 100% not an advantage for people that are in a race for progression. I simply do not see it....Portable mailboxes, second accounts, human being in the guild sitting at an AH, hearthstone/summon (many have their hearth set to SW by the AH which is a 5 second run from inn to AH then get summoned back if need be) There is multiply ways to debunk this one....sorry.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    How so? A very small number of people would have reason to care.
    And a far greater majority might even think they'd just be whining for no good reason.
    people who have gold/easily get gold probably will just shrug it off as blizzard doing a blizzard.
    but all the people who worked hard to get their brutosaur will get really really mad, unless the replacement npc is equally special.

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    It isn't even a small one, they literally have a human body outside of raids that does their auctioning for them, and they are also prepared before going in......they have thousands upon thousands of flasks/runes/pots/etc in the gbank and on their person...it is 100% not an advantage for people that are in a race for progression. I simply do not see it....Portable mailboxes, second accounts, human being in the guild sitting at an AH, hearthstone/summon (many have their hearth set to SW by the AH which is a 5 second run from inn to AH then get summoned back if need be) There is multiply ways to debunk this one....sorry.
    But they no longer have to have this other person outside the raid so it is indeed a small advantage compared to last time.

    Sorry but you're not "debunking" anything here.

  5. #125
    Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    It isn't even a small one, they literally have a human body outside of raids that does their auctioning for them, and they are also prepared before going in......they have thousands upon thousands of flasks/runes/pots/etc in the gbank and on their person...it is 100% not an advantage for people that are in a race for progression. I simply do not see it....Portable mailboxes, second accounts, human being in the guild sitting at an AH, hearthstone/summon (many have their hearth set to SW by the AH which is a 5 second run from inn to AH then get summoned back if need be) There is multiply ways to debunk this one....sorry.
    Again you miss the point: nobody told you it's a big advantage but I said from the start it's a small advantage but it's an advantage.

    If your problem is that you literally see ZERO advantage then I'm sorry but you lack basic mathematics logic.

    Even if there is 0.1% chance to need it for 0.1second advantage then mathematically it is NOT zero.

  6. #126
    Immortal Nnyco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Haomarush
    Posts
    7,124
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I said modest but clear. Couple of minutes each raid multiplied by months of raiding it can be a lot of time wasted. People care even if they lose 1 position in ranks.
    You could buy your shit before the raid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    people who have gold/easily get gold probably will just shrug it off as blizzard doing a blizzard.
    but all the people who worked hard to get their brutosaur will get really really mad, unless the replacement npc is equally special.
    That's like a handful of mad people, not really noteworthy in a game that changes this often.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Respect all, submit to none.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    people who have gold/easily get gold probably will just shrug it off as blizzard doing a blizzard.
    but all the people who worked hard to get their brutosaur will get really really mad, unless the replacement npc is equally special.
    If it took you more than 1 month to make that gold, YOU DID A MISTAKE.
    Not because the mount is bad but because it will be inevitably nerfed.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    But it is an advantage, not a big but a small one.

    Which is what his opinion was from the start - That people didnt understood and blew up way out of proportion.
    I think you missed him saying you cannot raid competently without it and that world first guilds would lose their world firsts because of it. That normal guilds will lose tens of seconds every raid and stack up to hours and hours of lost time because of it.
    He just changed his mind to it being a small one now

  10. #130
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You could buy your shit before the raid.
    Yes, which wastes time. That's the point.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    I think you missed him saying you cannot raid competently without it and that world first guilds would lose their world firsts because of it. That normal guilds will lose tens of seconds every raid and stack up to hours and hours of lost time because of it.
    He just changed his mind to it being a small one now
    Nice strawman. Go click the OP. I clearly say the advantage is modest but clear.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    If it took you more than 1 month to make that gold, YOU DID A MISTAKE.
    Not because the mount is bad but because it will be inevitably nerfed.
    eh i only know 2 or 3 oil barons for who buying the brotosaur wasn't a big dent in their gold, they also handed a few out for free.
    1 crazy person who bought it with tokens.
    i know like a dozen people who spend at least a couple months boosting M+/raids to get the gold.

  12. #132
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Yes, which wastes time. That's the point.

    - - - Updated - - -


    Nice strawman. Go click the OP. I clearly say the advantage is modest but clear.
    Is saying "Say that when you turn world second for 12 seconds and it took you 13 seconds to buy that pot" also a strawman? Because world first guilds don't buy pots in the middle of a raid.
    Or it doesn't count because you said it?

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Again you miss the point: nobody told you it's a big advantage but I said from the start it's a small advantage but it's an advantage.

    If your problem is that you literally see ZERO advantage then I'm sorry but you lack basic mathematics logic.

    Even if there is 0.1% chance to need it for 0.1second advantage then mathematically it is NOT zero.
    What's next? Are you going to ask Samsung to nerf their NVMEs, because people using the them have shorter loading times?
    This mount has exactly zero impact on progression if you come prepared. And to be prepared you need to spend 2 minutes out of your set raiding schedule to buy consumeables.

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Wrong. You are an old guild of veterans. In fact you are the exact reason it's unfair because the whole point is to not have gold-based advantages against new guilds.

    - - - Updated - - -


    People just want to troll. The entire thread started by clearly stating that the advantage is small but it exists.
    Some people's whole existence seems to be based "to win" but sometimes it makes them look like fools.
    But the only way to say there is an advantage is if these competitive raiders did need to use the AH during raid time, which they don't. They spend zero time during raid to go to AH so there really is zero advantage. Raiders that use the mount for AH during raid are actually just wasting time compared to those that come to raid prepared.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    But the only way to say there is an advantage is if these competitive raiders did need to use the AH during raid time, which they don't. They spend zero time during raid to go to AH so there really is zero advantage. Raiders that use the mount for AH during raid are actually just wasting time compared to those that come to raid prepared.
    eh it's always nice to have such things just in case. though tbh the bigger frustration when you need something in a hurry is when the mailbox decides to be slow, but that can happen if you buy it from the AH yourself or if a friend mails you the stuff, so yeah not going to make or break anything.

  16. #136
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameforreal View Post
    New ingame store mount for 30USD - Flying Airship/dragon/hippo/whocares with AH and trade vendor.

    Seems like next step.
    Have they ever put mounts with utilities in the cash-shop? I thought it was only the expansion gold-sinks.

  17. #137
    I wouldnt be against if they removed the auctioneers from the mount, the sound of the players that actually have the mount's REEE'ing will be so low that nobody would notice it anyway.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Have they ever put mounts with utilities in the cash-shop? I thought it was only the expansion gold-sinks.
    the first or second flying 2 seater mount was on the store. i forget which came first, the sandstone drake or the store one. (maybe it was RAF instead of the store, but you could definitely buy one for money early on)

  19. #139
    Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    But the only way to say there is an advantage is if these competitive raiders did need to use the AH during raid time, which they don't. They spend zero time during raid to go to AH so there really is zero advantage. Raiders that use the mount for AH during raid are actually just wasting time compared to those that come to raid prepared.
    Ever heard of "A good preparation is half the work" or sayings of similar stretch? “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”"and such?
    What do you think such a mount means for preparation times needed? And what do you think having more time to prepare means for the quality (and cost for that matter; time is money) of a preparation if properly utilised?

    I'm not gonna argue that it's a decisive difference, but it's beyond any doubt a difference.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Respect all, submit to none.

  20. #140
    As a warlock, this mount serves no purpose in a raid. After bio breaks I summon people back who needed to grab something or swap something out.

    The mount is purely for the super rich and people who play AH. Most raids don't even let you mount up in most areas. Relax guy or stop trolling.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •