Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    I said I don't agree that it doesn't impacts raiding at all. Any loss or win of time impacts raiding. Whether or not it's negligible in the case of the Brutosaur is a different case.
    You and your guild dont buy pots before the raid? bro feel for you must be hard

7+ Year Old Account
    Another super expensive mount like it will certainly come.

Given engineers have had exclusive AH bots in faction hubs since WotLK, they might make an engineering mount with an AH companion that only functions for engineers.

Otherwise they'll probably make an engineering toy to summon an AH bot at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gameforreal View Post
    New ingame store mount for 30USD - Flying Airship/dragon/hippo/whocares with AH and trade vendor.

Seems like next step.
    I'll buy that day one.

Everyone joined it. That means not just the obsessive farmers but also the multiboxers.

Transmog that goes for 500g regionally goes for 20g here. Crafted mats that used to go for 40 or 80 on other servers a piece went for 17-20g a piece here.

It's frustrating, but I guess I could've moved to another server.
    Do remember to buy the discount mogs beforehand though, heh.
    Gotta admit that the idea that pure rarity meant price always bemused me, but it's useful enough.
    Personally i prefer to go for things with meaning, use or that simply suit my personal taste. Mostly the latter really, hence me not caring much about the brutosaur one way or another, though that does not change my caring about improper argumentation ^^
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    It would be a modest but clear advantage to progress. Expect to either see more mobile AHs within months or for the item to be nerfed and have something else on it.
    neither of these things will happen.

I heard that conspiracy theory (it's the most popular one) but I tend to think that even if it's true they probably realized they messed up.

If they remove all need to go to towns the MMO becomes even more single-player and I suspect they felt that item leads to that.

As a result I conclude that they will not bring another (*unlimited charges) mobile AH but they will also nerf the longboi.

- - - Updated - - -

That's a non sequitur. That still takes time that could be put to progress. Some people have lives outside WoW too.
    "we're raiding tomorrow at 7pm"

"i know i'll buy all i need before logging off tonight" or "ok i'll log on at 6.50pm and buy what i need before the raid"

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Do remember to buy the discount mogs beforehand though, heh.
    Gotta admit that the idea that pure rarity meant price always bemused me, but it's useful enough.
    Personally i prefer to go for things with meaning, use or that simply suit my personal taste. Mostly the latter really, hence me not caring much about the brutosaur one way or another, though that does not change my caring about improper argumentation ^^
    I'm gonna be honest, I don't much care for the AH utility. Useful? Sure, but I'm not an AHtron. I mostly cared because it was the only Bruto, and if there was a cheaper, non-AH model, I probably would've gone for that, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dispatchcrab View Post
    You and your guild dont buy pots before the raid? bro feel for you must be hard
    Not speaking practically, speaking neutrally and hypothetically.

Having an AH on hand everywhere (well, barring indoors, I guess) is at least in some ways an advantage. That's self-evident. It's not enough for me to argue whether or not it's marginal/negligible or not, though.

I'm gonna be honest, I don't much care for the AH utility. Useful? Sure, but I'm not an AHtron. I mostly cared because it was the only Bruto, and if there was a cheaper, non-AH model, I probably would've gone for that, lol.
    Ah yeah then that's shitty, personally i'm much more annoyed by the price of the frogs lol.
    The brutosaur? It seems clunky, oversized and, well, a bit ugly.
    I'd much rather buy an actual caravan of several camels, or a cart or something.

But for looks? i've got my deathwing mount from the anniversary, otherwise the timewalking dragon and i've the blizzcon airship (the one time i spent money on something purely visual for the game, heh, but hey i'm a sucker for Warcraft's steampunk-lite).
    Only one i'm mildly interested in is the red infernal from Gul'dan, but that'll be a while probably, but at least it's a fun raid to run.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

That's utter nonsense. Also you only need ONE member of your raid to have the mount. And every raid that can't affort the 30 second wait time (that does not exist in reality) in their progress already has a member with the mount. And those guild members don't just raidlog and then return to their incredibly busy lives like you imagine. That's not possible in current WoW anymore.

Stop being salty that you were too lazy to farm the mount in the 2 years (or one year since the announcement that it goes away).
    Last edited by LordVargK; 2020-10-14 at 12:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Any guild for whom this is a concern has multiple of these mounts. Hell, my guild has about 10 of the damn things.
    Wrong. You are an old guild of veterans. In fact you are the exact reason it's unfair because the whole point is to not have gold-based advantages against new guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

Having an AH on hand everywhere (well, barring indoors, I guess) is at least in some ways an advantage. That's self-evident. It's not enough for me to argue whether or not it's marginal/negligible or not, though.
    People just want to troll. The entire thread started by clearly stating that the advantage is small but it exists.
    Some people's whole existence seems to be based "to win" but sometimes it makes them look like fools.

10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly don't see how Brutosaur is an advantage to progress.
    I didn't get it myself because I have a dedicated AH Alt account, so If I need an item from AH I just log on alt account, buy the item and mail it. All of my characters have access to portable mailboxes.

It would be a modest but clear advantage to progress. Expect to either see more mobile AHs within months or for the item to be nerfed and have something else on it.
    I don't think you understand what "progress" in an mmo means. The AH Mount does not give ANY advantage in gameplay, someone can simply mount and use the AH, while another could simply mail their items to a toon that is by an AH, and have to spend 2-3 more minutes to use an AH.....the only "downside" to not having the mount is that you have to go to an AH instead of selling on the fly.....ZERO advantage for PROGRESSION!!!!
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    I honestly don't see how Brutosaur is an advantage to progress.
    Do you ever travel in this game? Does it take time? Is time useless to save it?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    ZERO advantage for PROGRESSION!!!!
    So you never travel in this game, or you have unlimited time. Also I guess you never need sleep.

Really only 1 person needs it out of your guild raid team - and if it was that important your guild should have ground one out all together to prepare for SL, I mean since its such a clear advantage.

No.....you buy the stuff before your raid even STARTS!!! This is by far the most ridiculous debate on mmo-champion lmao.....There is no advantage what so ever to a MOUNT with access to a thing where you can buy mats....that you can simply log on another toon or even multiple accounts which ALOT of world first raiders have to just send what you need for raid or do your bidding outside. Limit has a person outside of the raid that does ALL of that for them, Method same way. Your argument is moot.
    Insanity is repeating the same action and expecting different results. *Cough, Blizzard!, COUGH*

Do you ever travel in this game? Does it take time? Is time useless to save it?

- - - Updated - - -

So you never travel in this game, or you have unlimited time. Also I guess you never need sleep.
    Hats off to you for being patient enough with these kind of responses, I think the point flew across their heads from the start here.

Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    Really only 1 person needs it out of your guild raid team - and if it was that important your guild should have ground one out all together to prepare for SL, I mean since its such a clear advantage.
    That's off topic. We are not discussing how many to get it. We are talking about those that can't get it or can't get it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameforreal View Post
    New ingame store mount for 30USD - Flying Airship/dragon/hippo/whocares with AH and trade vendor.

Seems like next step.
    Never understood why they did not put AH in the major hubs of every expansion.

I recall that long time ago the reason was something like “we don’t want capital cities to be empty” but nowadays sounds quite stupid.

Wrong. You are an old guild of veterans. In fact you are the exact reason it's unfair because the whole point is to not have gold-based advantages against new guilds.
    So it only really affects guilds in the top 250 or so comprised entirely of new players with no-one having a chance to buy the mount before 9.0?

That sounds like a non-issue to me, really.