Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Menolikeu View Post
    It isn't even a small one, they literally have a human body outside of raids that does their auctioning for them, and they are also prepared before going in......they have thousands upon thousands of flasks/runes/pots/etc in the gbank and on their person...it is 100% not an advantage for people that are in a race for progression. I simply do not see it....Portable mailboxes, second accounts, human being in the guild sitting at an AH, hearthstone/summon (many have their hearth set to SW by the AH which is a 5 second run from inn to AH then get summoned back if need be) There is multiply ways to debunk this one....sorry.
    Again you miss the point: nobody told you it's a big advantage but I said from the start it's a small advantage but it's an advantage.

If your problem is that you literally see ZERO advantage then I'm sorry but you lack basic mathematics logic.

Even if there is 0.1% chance to need it for 0.1second advantage then mathematically it is NOT zero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    I said modest but clear. Couple of minutes each raid multiplied by months of raiding it can be a lot of time wasted. People care even if they lose 1 position in ranks.
    You could buy your shit before the raid.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    people who have gold/easily get gold probably will just shrug it off as blizzard doing a blizzard.
    but all the people who worked hard to get their brutosaur will get really really mad, unless the replacement npc is equally special.
    That's like a handful of mad people, not really noteworthy in a game that changes this often.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellobolis View Post
    people who have gold/easily get gold probably will just shrug it off as blizzard doing a blizzard.
    but all the people who worked hard to get their brutosaur will get really really mad, unless the replacement npc is equally special.
    If it took you more than 1 month to make that gold, YOU DID A MISTAKE.
    Not because the mount is bad but because it will be inevitably nerfed.

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    But it is an advantage, not a big but a small one.

Which is what his opinion was from the start - That people didnt understood and blew up way out of proportion.
    I think you missed him saying you cannot raid competently without it and that world first guilds would lose their world firsts because of it. That normal guilds will lose tens of seconds every raid and stack up to hours and hours of lost time because of it.
    He just changed his mind to it being a small one now

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    You could buy your shit before the raid.
    Yes, which wastes time. That's the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by kukkamies View Post
    I think you missed him saying you cannot raid competently without it and that world first guilds would lose their world firsts because of it. That normal guilds will lose tens of seconds every raid and stack up to hours and hours of lost time because of it.
    He just changed his mind to it being a small one now
    Nice strawman. Go click the OP. I clearly say the advantage is modest but clear.

If it took you more than 1 month to make that gold, YOU DID A MISTAKE.
    Not because the mount is bad but because it will be inevitably nerfed.
    eh i only know 2 or 3 oil barons for who buying the brotosaur wasn't a big dent in their gold, they also handed a few out for free.
    1 crazy person who bought it with tokens.
    i know like a dozen people who spend at least a couple months boosting M+/raids to get the gold.

Yes, which wastes time. That's the point.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice strawman. Go click the OP. I clearly say the advantage is modest but clear.
    Is saying "Say that when you turn world second for 12 seconds and it took you 13 seconds to buy that pot" also a strawman? Because world first guilds don't buy pots in the middle of a raid.
    Or it doesn't count because you said it?

Again you miss the point: nobody told you it's a big advantage but I said from the start it's a small advantage but it's an advantage.

If your problem is that you literally see ZERO advantage then I'm sorry but you lack basic mathematics logic.

Even if there is 0.1% chance to need it for 0.1second advantage then mathematically it is NOT zero.
    What's next? Are you going to ask Samsung to nerf their NVMEs, because people using the them have shorter loading times?
    This mount has exactly zero impact on progression if you come prepared. And to be prepared you need to spend 2 minutes out of your set raiding schedule to buy consumeables.

Wrong. You are an old guild of veterans. In fact you are the exact reason it's unfair because the whole point is to not have gold-based advantages against new guilds.

- - - Updated - - -

People just want to troll. The entire thread started by clearly stating that the advantage is small but it exists.
    Some people's whole existence seems to be based "to win" but sometimes it makes them look like fools.
    But the only way to say there is an advantage is if these competitive raiders did need to use the AH during raid time, which they don't. They spend zero time during raid to go to AH so there really is zero advantage. Raiders that use the mount for AH during raid are actually just wasting time compared to those that come to raid prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    But the only way to say there is an advantage is if these competitive raiders did need to use the AH during raid time, which they don't. They spend zero time during raid to go to AH so there really is zero advantage. Raiders that use the mount for AH during raid are actually just wasting time compared to those that come to raid prepared.
    eh it's always nice to have such things just in case. though tbh the bigger frustration when you need something in a hurry is when the mailbox decides to be slow, but that can happen if you buy it from the AH yourself or if a friend mails you the stuff, so yeah not going to make or break anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameforreal View Post
    New ingame store mount for 30USD - Flying Airship/dragon/hippo/whocares with AH and trade vendor.

Seems like next step.
    Have they ever put mounts with utilities in the cash-shop? I thought it was only the expansion gold-sinks.

I wouldnt be against if they removed the auctioneers from the mount, the sound of the players that actually have the mount's REEE'ing will be so low that nobody would notice it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Have they ever put mounts with utilities in the cash-shop? I thought it was only the expansion gold-sinks.
    the first or second flying 2 seater mount was on the store. i forget which came first, the sandstone drake or the store one. (maybe it was RAF instead of the store, but you could definitely buy one for money early on)

Quote Originally Posted by Casperite View Post
    Ever heard of "A good preparation is half the work" or sayings of similar stretch? “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”"and such?
    What do you think such a mount means for preparation times needed? And what do you think having more time to prepare means for the quality (and cost for that matter; time is money) of a preparation if properly utilised?

I'm not gonna argue that it's a decisive difference, but it's beyond any doubt a difference.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

As a warlock, this mount serves no purpose in a raid. After bio breaks I summon people back who needed to grab something or swap something out.

The mount is purely for the super rich and people who play AH. Most raids don't even let you mount up in most areas. Relax guy or stop trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

OP is clearly very salty that he wasn't able to get the mount.

It's alright, you just keep going to that SW to auction stuff off while people who ground their asses off for money just buy shit wherever they want

We may see other AH options down the line, but who really knows. The whole reason why Brutosaur was discontinued, was that it had this capability and they didn't want to make it permanently buyable on vendor. If this was the legitimate reasoning, it would make no sense to give other mounts / usables for AH so soon.
    Last edited by Azerate; 2020-10-14 at 01:40 PM.
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

It will be on the BMAH. And "lucky" doesn't factor into it for most of us.

They have yet to bring something back from the BMAH, so your thread is useless at best.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    OP is clearly very salty that he wasn't able to get the mount.

It's alright, you just keep going to that SW to auction stuff off while people who ground their asses off for money just buy shit whenever they want

We may see other AH options down the line, but who really knows. The whole reason why Brutosaur was discontinued, was that it had this capability and they didn't want to make it permanently buyable on vendor.
    Indeed, think we will see a few threads on the topic in weeks to come.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2020-10-14 at 01:53 PM.

Can't find the quote but I'm positive they said at some point a new AH mount will be added in Shadowlands, with a SL style, once the new economy stabilises, so that AH mounts remain rare. So whilst it wont be there at launch, one will be coming again and will almost certainly cost more than 5m this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gameforreal View Post
    New ingame store mount for 30USD - Flying Airship/dragon/hippo/whocares with AH and trade vendor.

Seems like next step.
    Ha. Yep. This is it.