using corruption as demo?

maybe this has been said before but i didnt see it, is corruption worth casting as demo. is it worth trying to keep up on the target during our normal rotation?

Demo and destro both ignore it's existence
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

Quote Originally Posted by Radazar View Post
    maybe this has been said before but i didnt see it, is corruption worth casting as demo. is it worth trying to keep up on the target during our normal rotation?
    The damage is decent but unfortunately it interrupts the flow of stuff that actually generates shards and once you get into your flow it just is not needed which is a shame. I tried to see if i could use it but it just does not make sense in the way demo works. I think maybe as a leveling thing it could be useful but with all your spells you have other stuff to do that needs doing more than this.

I think it is worthless for Demonology, but for Destruction it is DPS neutral. It deals more damage than Incinerate but doesn't generate the shard fragments to compensate.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radazar View Post
    literally only for affliction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

I was wondering the same thing since I started a warlock a couple of weeks before 9.0 and couldn't find any reason to really use it as Destro or Demo. Seems like they added stuff back for the sake of adding stuff, without giving it too much thought.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    it's kind of like frostbolt and fireball baseline for mages....not sure why I'd use either as arcane but it's there
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunderella View Post
    I was wondering the same thing since I started a warlock a couple of weeks before 9.0 and couldn't find any reason to really use it as Destro or Demo. Seems like they added stuff back for the sake of adding stuff, without giving it too much thought.
    Yep. Instead of changing up a bit of what we had they just added a lot of stuff for flavour. Lots of spells that are useless. There are some that works though, but they are in the minority.

I like quite a few rotational changes they have made, and some spec specific old abilities are some nice additions, but that just strengthens my position that Blizzard should focus on spec design instead of class. Tossing several class abilities just because of tossing them in there is not a good approach.

I have not used Corruption myself on my newly max dinged Demonology Warlock, and it seems to be the right choice. Specifically gameplay wise.

So counterpoint..
    There is a very solid benefit to using it for destro and demo that we ignore because of how it fits into our rotation/APL/sim. I 100% agree, you don't cast it in raid or m+ or likely pvp.

But.. TAGGING!

Open world content? Questing and world quests alike? It's AMAZING! We got a mob tagger!!
    My biggest pet peeve of questing/leveling as destro/demo was waiting on an instant cast CD or stopping to cast a quick immo/sb/whatever to pull an extra mob or 3. Even in BFA I'd respec Aff just to quickly pull things needed, especially in a contentious tagging situation. In beta, I had it bound during leveling to just grab a handful of targets when I wanted as well. And for this reason alone, I support it in the spellbook for these 2 specs!

Quote Originally Posted by dottdog View Post
    So counterpoint..
    There is a very solid benefit to using it for destro and demo that we ignore because of how it fits into our rotation/APL/sim. I 100% agree, you don't cast it in raid or m+ or likely pvp.

But.. TAGGING!

Open world content? Questing and world quests alike? It's AMAZING! We got a mob tagger!!
    My biggest pet peeve of questing/leveling as destro/demo was waiting on an instant cast CD or stopping to cast a quick immo/sb/whatever to pull an extra mob or 3. Even in BFA I'd respec Aff just to quickly pull things needed, especially in a contentious tagging situation. In beta, I had it bound during leveling to just grab a handful of targets when I wanted as well. And for this reason alone, I support it in the spellbook for these 2 specs!
    I mean if mob tagging is important at all to you, spec Doom for open world stuff. Corruption has a cast time, Doom does not.
    “He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.”

Quote Originally Posted by BatteredRose View Post
    They're greedy soulless monsters for not handing me everything for my 15 moneys a month!

So counterpoint..

But.. TAGGING!

I mean, for Demo...maybe, but doesn't it have the same or longer cast time as Destro than Immolate?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

So counterpoint..

But.. TAGGING!

Yeah i don't see this as a valid point. if corruption were instant for demo and destro ok. but with a casttime? you can use better spells for tagging.

Corruption was just moved to the base warlock spell list. Something they feel every warlock would know how to cast.

How useful it is or isn’t for any particular spec is left for the players to mess with.

We used to get a lot of posts about how dumb it is that base classes don’t know any base spells.

Well, they shifted some spells from specs to baseline class. This isn’t really an unpruning, just a different classification of a spell.

So counterpoint..

But.. TAGGING!

It's not instant, and with the cast time you can just use guldan...

It it's to remain this hard cast version it would be nice to have one of the abilities or class based procs serve as a refresh maintenance mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, they should lower it's damage by 30-40% for Demo and Destro, but make it instant. That way you could at least use it on the move.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.