Poll: Thoughts on pre-patch

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbertColvert View Post
    oh is it the end of rushing dungeons with the tank pulling all the mobs at once because "it must be fast!!!"
    if that's the case, well that's a very, very good news
    No, if anything it’s “tank pulls big group, group is good enough to kill everything and moves on or group isnt and wipes and everyone complains” there’s no “take your time” still.
    www.twitch.tv/rtrain

Free Agent! Looking for Guild for Legion!

15+ Year Old Account
    I logged in, solod a few old raids to test and then logged off because theres no point in playing till they add something

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm one of the folks dealing with the broken character models, and since the new customizations were the big thing I was looking forward to, it's not been great so far.
    "All of Time and Space. Everything that ever was or ever will be. Where do you want to start?"

"We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh?"

Terrible in EU
    We can hardly login

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Terrible in EU
    We can hardly login
    yeah, 2 hours already.

even if it does there is black screen with no characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Is it worth subbing for? Are you having fun? What’s the consensus and feedback so far?
    I would wait a week or two to be honest. There’s quite a few bugs, which is standard for a prepatch this size, and it will take a bit of time to iron everything out.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    It's a mess, couldn't log in for 2 hours.. Can't even start to unlock mechagnomes (the quest giver just isn't there!) and everything feels just a little off...

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Haven’t actually done any thing yet but the prepatch opened up old taken names so I made some new characters with names I want to use on a new server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    Well, given I can no longer do any current content as mobs have gone from trivial to unkillable over night, the pre-patch isn't that exciting for me.

Was farming paragon chests, no longer.

If it was only for a few weeks - I could just ignore it, but for 2 months or so - going to be hard to actually do anything.
    What specifically has become unkillable? I just did my standard runs of LFR and Normal Antorus to kill Shatug and F'harg on my main and primary alt last night (still looking for their mount drop), and was able to take them out without issue? My main's iLvl is currently ~120 and my alt is ~100 with the squish in effect. Not saying you didn't have some kind of issue, but what did you encounter that killed you?
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like people overhype prepatches. For the most part, your character feels slower and you're mainly just waiting for the new expansion to kick in so you can level again.

I've been able to login, changed a few abilities around on my DK so it's prepped for 60 and new abilities that will need to be bound. I've had few changes to customisation on a few characters, nothing major, but just a few tweaks. Now I'm messing around with another alt, but, being realistic, I'll still be doing Emissaries, Assaults and the like to farm gold whilst working on Achievements.

The servers seem relatively stable so far, when you actually get on them (EU). Also the game doesn't like you swapping servers and as a login queue has begun to form, I'm just going to stick on one now and mess around with the characters there.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

for a crappy pre-patch with no content other than new hairstyles the login servers sure are getting hammered

Quote Originally Posted by Nelle View Post
    Terrible in EU
    We can hardly login
    Wonder if this is somehow related to the strike going on at their French office.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    for a crappy pre-patch with no content other than new hairstyles the login servers sure are getting hammered
    People always underestimate how many people play for the art assets of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    What specifically has become unkillable?
    Open world rare/elite mobs between 1-2M health pre patch which were trivial before patch.

Are now mobs I cannot kill at all, I've tried around 10 or so different ones in original BfA (8.0) content and on Mechagon island.

So far my experience with instanced and pre-legion legacy has been fine.

The issue seems to be poor scaling - my health pool was reduced by a factor of 26, my power by a factor of 21 - but the mob health by only a factor of 7.
    Last edited by schwarzkopf; 2020-10-14 at 03:26 PM.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Is it worth subbing for? Are you having fun? What’s the consensus and feedback so far?
    Logged in, respecced, logged out. Nothing new here, except a lot of broken classes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    Wonder if this is somehow related to the strike going on at their French office.
    I sure hope it is

Wait for Shadowlands (or at least the pre-patch event) unless you're interested in leveling alts.

Well. There is no actual gameplay content so not sure why you would be subbing.. to see the new char gen?

If you don’t want to level a character there’s next to nothing new.

Bugs, technical issues and nothing to do for max level characters.

It's still good for people that want to level their alts.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I don't see the troll ? Can you explain ?
    I never do either. Yet there is always people to say i’m trolling as well.