Poll: Thoughts on pre-patch

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There is nothing to sub for at this point, unless you want to level some toons.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Which mounts, which titles? And brawlers guild always ended when a new exp comes - a new season will probably arrive sometime during SL..
    There's a list on the main page if you scroll enough....the usual fare for preexpansion: keystone related, achievement related, but they did keep the mythic raid mounts at 100% until launch of Shadowlands.

Wel I changed my eyes on blood elf. Then I did a couple of my weekly transmog runs and constantly raged at the 5 target cap. Is it even working as intended? I’d get a pack of say 10, hit aoe and kill five, hit another aoe and only one more dies. Wut..

Well, I seem to be the only one...but I've been playing the whole day and was having a blast. When we realized PVP scaling was gone, some guildmates and me jumped into some world pvp and just did random bgs. Had a blast and more fun than in the last months.
    M+ also feels easier and we just had fun farm some keys, playing more chill, helping guild alts to gear up etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Easyclassictopkeklel View Post
    Well, I seem to be the only one...but I've been playing the whole day and was having a blast. When we realized PVP scaling was gone, some guildmates and me jumped into some world pvp and just did random bgs. Had a blast and more fun than in the last months.
    M+ also feels easier and we just had fun farm some keys, playing more chill, helping guild alts to gear up etc.
    PvP is a little different I guess because you actually have stuff to do, it's not like the PvP season is a HUGE influence - there isn't a "goal" per se in PvP as much as the actual PvP is already the reward (well more so than in a lot of PvE anyway). But grinding PvE gear on some alt etc. this close to the expansion just feels kind of pointless by comparison.

Heck I went into xmog/mount farm mode months ago already, and I've got most of them now (Thunderfury being the exception but that's just RNG). Done the raid (and nobody in the guild wants to raid until SL anyway, even for farm), not really that into M+ anymore since I got gear out the ass, there really isn't much left in PvE to drive things for me.

The Patient
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Cant even log in atm, no chars show up on the server list and when I do click one of my servers and try to log in on a char it says character not found.
    And so it goes on Day 2 of Pre Patch for me. It is very erratic on being fine and then I will log off and 2 hours later, no chance of getting to my characters. It seems to happen every pre patch, but it is still annoying. My goal isn't to mythic raid, but just set my talents again and do an emmisary on each toon to see how they play. Maybe tomorrow after another down time by the Blizzard techs.

The new quest waypoint is the best thing they’ve ever added to WoW.

I regret subbing for this smut. Even more annoying to have nearly all my legion toys disabled, and that limited AoE crap just removes more of the fun out of the game.

Can anyone answer if old content farming is soloable after the squish or is it bugged?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lolbubble View Post
    This has got to be the most underwhelming pre patch to date. Literally nothing changed as far as classes go, usually there is something more than this.

I'll have fun leveling alts this weekend, though!
    Try playing a mage and tell me that. Think this pre-patch sealed the deal for me.. I'll probably not touch shadowlands as many of the classes are just pruned messes and blizzard quite frankly doesn't give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Can anyone answer if old content farming is soloable after the squish or is it bugged?
    If you could solo it before you can solo it now, But may take slightly longer.

I haven't had any issues.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Yorimar View Post
    ...saw i miss half of the customization i saw on videos...
    That explains it. I was in a small shock yesterday when I saw how few the options were.

Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    yeah, 2 hours already.

even if it does there is black screen with no characters.
    dang,sounds crazy,personaly had no issues,logged in a few hours after it was live so maybe thats why,but i did get a bnet que and a login que,just like 15 min total,but zero ingame issues

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    Try playing a mage and tell me that. Think this pre-patch sealed the deal for me.. I'll probably not touch shadowlands as many of the classes are just pruned messes and blizzard quite frankly doesn't give a damn.
    Mage got a bunch of changes and spells put to baseline. What you want is an overhaul.
    But you probably don't want an one. They did that to Moonkin for no reason and completely wrecked it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Updating addons, of course, was a bit of a pain in the ass but nothing too bad. Otherwise, been enjoying it somewhat; specifically, updating specs and experimenting with the those changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    What?
    Mages didnt get pruned? We got some nice spells like alter time back and finally some possible contenders for the god awful rune of power.
    What pruning are you refering to?
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

I logged in after several months of not bothering and found out all it appears they did was delete 70 levels from all of my max level chars and added some different customization at the barber shop. Oh yeah I forgot they screwed up some of my addons, so in my opinion not worth it.
    “We are living in an era when sanity is controversial and insanity is just another viewpoint—and degeneracy only another lifestyle." Thomas Sowell.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    kk im stupid - just noticed that they separated paladin / holy tabs oh well
    Not stupid. It's a strange change to go back to. Holy pally damage and survivability is awesome in the low levels too. I'm glad i'm working on another holy pally.

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What?
    Mages didnt get pruned? We got some nice spells like alter time back and finally some possible contenders for the god awful rune of power.
    What pruning are you refering to?
    Actually after the changes to that row, i'm more willing to use RoP now. IF is boring after using it for multiple expansions and the spell they brought back and made a talent is one I hoped they would never bring back. (It should work the other way, buff yourself with crit and give a teamate a crit buff when you crit.) Mages have stagnated in the "Not broken so don't fix it" mindset and it's showing it's age (ugh and ignite
    spread being tied to an ability again, no thank you. They can come up with a better aoe setup for fire than.)

Quote Originally Posted by Gen4Glock21 View Post
    I logged in after several months of not bothering and found out all it appears they did was delete 70 levels from all of my max level chars and added some different customization at the barber shop. Oh yeah I forgot they screwed up some of my addons, so in my opinion not worth it.
    They also changed pretty much every spec/class in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Is it worth subbing for? Are you having fun? What’s the consensus and feedback so far?
    It's worth coming back if you want to level alts.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-10-15 at 07:32 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    Not stupid. It's a strange change to go back to. Holy pally damage and survivability is awesome in the low levels too. I'm glad i'm working on another holy pally.

Actually after the changes to that row, i'm more willing to use RoP now. IF is boring after using it for multiple expansions and the spell they brought back and made a talent is one I hoped they would never bring back. (It should work the other way, buff yourself with crit and give a teamate a crit buff when you crit.) Mages have stagnated in the "Not broken so don't fix it" mindset and it's showing it's age (ugh and ignite
    spread being tied to an ability again, no thank you. They can come up with a better aoe setup for fire than.)

They also changed pretty much every spec/class in some way.

It's worth coming back if you want to level alts.
    You can mage swap it. With decent gear it should be a very high uptime on 10% crit. Thats not negligble
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you could solo it before you can solo it now, But may take slightly longer.

I haven't had any issues.
    Thanks. Antorus mythic keeps being unsoloable for the time being then?