Poll: Thoughts on pre-patch

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    ITS WORTH IT!

Just because: NO MORE CORRUPTION SLOW

Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    dang,sounds crazy,personaly had no issues,logged in a few hours after it was live so maybe thats why,but i did get a bnet que and a login que,just like 15 min total,but zero ingame issues
    it's fixed, finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    They had no prior build-up and instead tried to leech off of already established things people are familiar with. The Scourge? Maldraxxus did that. The Lich King? The Jailer did that. Frostmourne? The Runecarver made that. Sargeras corruption by demons and everything resulting from that? Also the Jailer's plan.

to sum up my prepatch experience so far:
    "where does the event quest start?"
    again and again and again...

Wait for release. Pre-patch is still bfa, but with the level squish, and an awful new starting zone for new characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    to sum up my prepatch experience so far:
    "where does the event quest start?"
    again and again and again...
    Give it a week or two and the quest will be available. Should be a pop up quest.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by 3DTyrant View Post
    Give it a week or two and the quest will be available. Should be a pop up quest.
    i am aware of that, thanks - i was referring to the global chat

no pre-patch for me, just a black screen
    Last edited by iosdeveloper; 2020-10-15 at 11:03 AM.
    Shadowlands is real world
    The Maw is China
    The Jailer is China government
    Sylvanas is Blizz

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Name Here View Post
    i am aware of that, thanks - i was referring to the global chat
    Ah right, I didn't realise you meant in-game chat, my bad.
    Shath'mag vwyq shu et'agthu, Shath'mag sshk ye! Krz'ek fhn'z agash zz maqdahl or'kaaxth'ma amqa!
    The Black Empire once ruled this pitiful world, and it will do so again! Your pitiful kind will know only despair and sorrow for a hundred thousand millennia to come!

Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Wait for release. Pre-patch is still bfa, but with the level squish, and an awful new starting zone for new characters.
    Why is it awful? I’ve only heard good things

Quote Originally Posted by Mightytasty View Post
    Why is it awful? I’ve only heard good things
    Its agenda based. He probably hasnt even tried it. The mods condone this kind of trolling though. They dont like it when people talk real :/
    Extremism and radicalisation is the bane of society

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything is overturned, even alts who never had corrupted gear are struggling against some elite mobs that used to be pushovers before.

I doubt they will fix anything that is related to the quality of the pre-patch experience. The bug-catching brigade is only in the Exploit and Fun-detected setting right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am abusing the barbers right now.

Did the new starting location too. which I did do in the beta, was pretty decent. Very kids Saturday morning storyline I was expecting one of those old kids PSA's to pop up at the end and tell us not to play inside washing machines, but I think it was nice :P

Quote Originally Posted by odamienskii View Post
    i bet it sucks realising that it wasnt actually you that was good it was your gear. i knew all along, when i used to go arena and look at my spell breakdown and SIXTY percent of my damage was corruption/azerite/neck/trinket then my partner would say "well played" made me feel sick to my stomach because i could see the bigger picture, the WHOLE community thinks they are good because of this season, today they got to realise that actually, oh wait, im not that special without the gear boost.

You go to raids and see the guy that was always average at the top now? guess what, he was always better than you, you just had a bigger gear boost.
    Ok tough guy thanks for the helpful input.

Jesus is this thread absolutely full to the brim with crybabies crying about anything and everything. Do you people realize the changes that were coming with pre-patch were very well documented and known for a long time, and many people had already experienced them on the PTR/beta? So I dont get this whining and crying as if youve been slighted by Blizzard, as if they promised something more and have failed to make good on that promise. Many peoples classes/specs received their pre patch changes and many of them were good, or at least interesting changes...whats there to cry about with those changes again? Pre patch almost always has issues the day of, its nothing new and should be expected with how much change is going on at once and how stressed servers get. If you just like to cry for the sake of crying why post, or better yet why are you even still playing the game if youre clearly miserable playing it?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GringoD View Post
    Mage got a bunch of changes and spells put to baseline. What you want is an overhaul.
    But you probably don't want an one. They did that to Moonkin for no reason and completely wrecked it.
    They removed a lot more from mages than they added. Noto to mention the changes to fire and arcane mages.. Goodbye displacement, too long a cd on greater pyroblast.. I haven't tried frost yet but i'm sure it's in the same bad shape. Oh and no i don't want an overhaul, i just want them to stop removing shit.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    What?
    Mages didnt get pruned? We got some nice spells like alter time back and finally some possible contenders for the god awful rune of power.
    What pruning are you refering to?
    Displacement, Charged up, Mana Shield, Rewind Time all of those removed plus all the documented changes listed here:
    https://www.wowhead.com/shadowlands-...anges#comments

Quote Originally Posted by hc7 View Post
    Jesus is this thread absolutely full to the brim with crybabies crying about anything and everything. Do you people realize the changes that were coming with pre-patch were very well documented and known for a long time, and many people had already experienced them on the PTR/beta? So I dont get this whining and crying as if youve been slighted by Blizzard, as if they promised something more and have failed to make good on that promise. Many peoples classes/specs received their pre patch changes and many of them were good, or at least interesting changes...whats there to cry about with those changes again? Pre patch almost always has issues the day of, its nothing new and should be expected with how much change is going on at once and how stressed servers get. If you just like to cry for the sake of crying why post, or better yet why are you even still playing the game if youre clearly miserable playing it?
    What makes you any better, complaining about people complaining?

Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    You can mage swap it. With decent gear it should be a very high uptime on 10% crit. Thats not negligble
    It still just feels weird as a talent for Mages. It feels like a healer or tank ability to me.
    I'm a thread killer.

I would say indifferent.

Customizations were extremely lacking. I was under the impression we were only getting little teasers on wowhead. No way did I think only two or three new hairstyles per race is what they were giving us. Which that is exactly what they gave us.

I didn't make any modifications to my characters because there is nothing worth changing. Maybe one or two races I have I might change a couple of small things, but I have not done it yet. Lack of enthusiasm.

The invasion is not actually active yet from what I read. So I don't really have content to participate in.

They released the new experience for level squish and leveling but not really in the mood to make an alt. I know I can't be the only one that feels this way as the game is almost 16 years old. Some people might be enjoying it tho. I would imagine it would probably be the people who never actually bothered to grind out reputation to unlock Allied races.

I don't ever remember them timegating pre-patch content before tbh.. so I'm not entirely sure why this time around they decided to withhold content. Usually if pre-patch was here it meant it was actually being released in it's entirety.

Quote Originally Posted by luciano View Post
    The patch broke the game for me. Literally unplayable as my mouse no longer works. Can't find a solution and Blizzard customer support has been useless.
    This happened to me when I had a bunch of add-ons loaded. Turning off all my add-ons (because I have absolutely no idea which one it was) fixed it.

looks like the login servers can't handle it ...