Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Skin coloure locked faces for humans

I really dont like the idea that some faces are locked to the skin colour, like half the faces force you to use a black skin as female human which I just dont think is looking good at all.

In my opinion everyone should be able to use every face with every skin colour and not be forced to choose a worse one just to get a other facial feauture.

White humans somehow aren't allowed to have scars. Who would have expected that Blizzard half-asses this "customization update" like they half-ass pretty much everything else?

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Diversity bs, it´s called.
    It was completely unnecessary and now they have opened a can of worms. Azeroth humans were that until now, Azeroth humans, completely different than us. Now? They have doomed themselves because they tried to introduce diversity, so, where are all the other not just black races?

They should have added different skin tones yes, but not towards introducing black humans into wow, that was completely out of control and will only have bad consequences. It is racist as it considers them more important than other races.

Let wow be wow... Not Earth.

Quote Originally Posted by Lothal View Post
    I figured that out yesterday and find it incredibly funny. The obvious idea behind this was to introduce more diversity and representation into the humans in WoW to reflect the diversity IRL and show to the public that Blizzard wants to help in the struggle against racism.

Makes sense.

But what was their next step?

Lock content behind skin color.

Well played, Blizz, I guess.
    the only ones who care so much about diversity dont play video games

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    White humans somehow aren't allowed to have scars. Who would have expected that Blizzard half-asses this "customization update" like they half-ass pretty much everything else?
    I see them more as caucasian, in the NOT-US definition that is. Covers all of Europe and Middle-East.

So they actually made it impossible for people with albinism to create a character which looks like them? Who thought this is a good idea? I suppose it was the same person who thought that you should be teleported as soon as you ding lvl50... they fixed the latter, so let's hope they will fix this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    I see them more as caucasian, in the NOT-US definition that is. Covers all of Europe and Middle-East.
    I don't really care about what you want to call it. At the end of the day, it's just a dumb, arbitrary restriction.

I don't really care about what you want to call it. At the end of the day, it's just a dumb, arbitrary restriction.
    Yeah, pretty funny how they go nuts with things such as eye color, hair color and everything else but using a specific face shape limits the number of skin colors available.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    It was completely unnecessary and now they have opened a can of worms. Azeroth humans were that until now, Azeroth humans, completely different than us. Now? They have doomed themselves because they tried to introduce diversity, so, where are all the other not just black races?

They should have added different skin tones yes, but not towards introducing black humans into wow, that was completely out of control and will only have bad consequences. It is racist as it considers them more important than other races.

Black humans have been in wow since classic the option just sucked.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I predict this stuff remains locked for approximately a week or two before Blizzard goes "ooops" (esp. if some pale-skinned black person IRL points out it's bullshit he can't have a character with the features he actually has because they locked it behind a darker skin tone).

Even if it lasts longer, I doubt it'll make it past 9.1.

It is pretty dumb - real people are wildly diverse in appearance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Humans received dreadlocks before trolls

Lol
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I really dont like the idea that some faces are locked to the skin colour, like half the faces force you to use a black skin as female human which I just dont think is looking good at all.

In my opinion everyone should be able to use every face with every skin colour and not be forced to choose a worse one just to get a other facial feauture.
    That's mildly retarded, and incredibly racist if intentional.
    As if human races can't mix; some of the most beautiful humans are mixes.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Humans received dreadlocks before trolls

Lol
    Also this.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Humans had a black skin option since ALPHA

Also it is funny how the ONLY issue you've taken is that they can have black skin colour (out of so many different other things they can be).

Also: mimimi

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    I predict this stuff remains locked for approximately a week or two before Blizzard goes "ooops" (esp. if some pale-skinned black person IRL points out it's bullshit he can't have a character with the features he actually has because they locked it behind a darker skin tone).

Even if it lasts longer, I doubt it'll make it past 9.1.

It is pretty dumb - real people are wildly diverse in appearance.
    Knowing Blizzard's record on these things they probably won't address this ever.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Knowing Blizzard's record on these things they probably won't address this ever.
    Yeah, but equally knowing Blizzard's record on these things I would have said they'd never have put in Asian/Black-style faces, or darker skin tones (than the ones currently in-game, which were paler than the ones in back in Vanilla, I note), and I don't think they're operating quite the same way on this kind of thing.

I'll genuinely be shocked if they remain locked past 9.1, and I expect it to change sooner than that (only reason it might be 9.1 is if this is enough of a "content" thing to require a "serious" patch).

Blizzard is clearly stating that white people dodge blades better than other races. /s

It's weird that they went out of their way to add some features, such as independently coloured eyes, but then only made a handful of combinations. Like, they have the textures, they already did the work, why not make two dropdowns, one for each eye, instead of a single dropdown with limited options?

And don't you dare bring a worgen into the barbershop, they're a mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yeah, but equally knowing Blizzard's record on these things I would have said they'd never have put in Asian/Black-style faces, or darker skin tones (than the ones currently in-game, which were paler than the ones in back in Vanilla, I note), and I don't think they're operating quite the same way on this kind of thing.

I'll genuinely be shocked if they remain locked past 9.1, and I expect it to change sooner than that (only reason it might be 9.1 is if this is enough of a "content" thing to require a "serious" patch).
    I mean, it's not a bug so it technically doesn't need fixing. I would be immensely surprised if they somehow changed their minds about this.

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, it's not a bug so it technically doesn't need fixing. I would be immensely surprised if they somehow changed their minds about this.
    We shall see, I guess.

Also pretty sure the white faces not being able to have scars IS a bug, so the idea that this is finished seems a bit dubious.

No albinos with "black" genes I guess.
    I found the decision pretty lame too, and I'm incredibly disappointed with only specific "black or asian faces" (Idk what to call it) having scars.
    They better add that as a new feature in the future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

Not only that, but orcs were always supposed to be the "black people" of WoW.
    Snarky: Adjective - Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.