Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Not only that, but orcs were always supposed to be the "black people" of WoW.
    No, you're talking about culture, not appearance. This shit is completely separated in a universe without our planet's history, stop it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Why yes, Blizz sure is a bunch of happy fellas!

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Let's keep this confined to the game system and not real-world racial or identity politics, this is the only warning this thread will receive in this vein.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

It's a bit of a bummer. That being said, some of the comments on this thread are hilarious.

--- snip ---

Mod Edit: Removed off-topic discussion.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-14 at 01:24 PM. Reason: Removed content prior to thread warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    White humans somehow aren't allowed to have scars. Who would have expected that Blizzard half-asses this "customization update" like they half-ass pretty much everything else?
    Yeah I have no clue why scars weren't a separate layer at least. It's really annoying how certain features are all tied to certain skin tones etc - I thought the whole point of the revamp was to get away from that kind of crap?
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

--- snip ---

Mod Edit: Removed off-topic discussion.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2020-10-14 at 01:25 PM. Reason: Removed content prior to thread warning.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    We shall see, I guess.

Also pretty sure the white faces not being able to have scars IS a bug, so the idea that this is finished seems a bit dubious.
    No, they are just locked to specific faces which happen to be asian or black faces. Each 'ethnicity' gets 12 faces. Seems to be working as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Yeah I have no clue why scars weren't a separate layer at least. It's really annoying how certain features are all tied to certain skin tones etc - I thought the whole point of the revamp was to get away from that kind of crap?
    I mean it is another layer for Night Elves. But most of the human options are unfinished anyways. Just compare the new male haircuts to the older ones. The new ones don't even have a hairline texture. They look like wigs.

And don't even get me started on DK faces. They literally changed all of them.
    Last edited by Nerovar; 2020-10-14 at 01:26 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bullseyed View Post
    Not only that, but orcs were always supposed to be the "black people" of WoW.
    Not really no the closest youd come is trolls be Jamaican.

Just look at blade masters orcs have always been samurai esc.
    Last edited by Lorgar Aurelian; 2020-10-14 at 01:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Not really no the closest youd come is trolls be Jamaican.

Just look at blade masters orcs have always been samurai esc.
    I thought orcs were supposed to be 1945 germans, with all the superior race stuff

I am offended that they haven't got a skin tone to represent people with jaundice.

They should lock Tauren to Native Americans players only

They should lock Trolls to Jamaican players only

They should lock Pandas to Asian players only

See where this is going? Assigning certain features to certain 'ethnicities' is such a bullshit move. Diversity for diversity sake is a terrible idea when they only want you to have the diversity they approve
    Last edited by Th3Scourge; 2020-10-14 at 01:56 PM.

Yeah, I logged in today on my female human, tried my new options at the barber shop and left looking the same. I had no new options besides eye colors and some very 2004 looking hair styles. Like cmon Blizz. Is making faces for every skin color really that hard? And do our new hair styles HAVE to look like they have been imported from Sims 1? It's 2020. Round hair should be common by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerovar View Post
    White humans somehow aren't allowed to have scars. Who would have expected that Blizzard half-asses this "customization update" like they half-ass pretty much everything else?
    Face shape was one thing, but no scars? That is pretty silly. I get some, like how my goblin having separate earring/ear options only goes so far since the earrings are made to fit a certain ear shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    Face shape was one thing, but no scars? That is pretty silly. I get some, like how my goblin having separate earring/ear options only goes so far since the earrings are made to fit a certain ear shape.
    Weirdly enough, all three face shape options are available on any face.

I found a face and hair I really love for my worgen's human form. Jewelry that was pretty cool. I don't see a problem with the ethnic options and there's plenty of customization now. Maybe you're looking at it with a narrow mind?

Wanting to make white characters with black features is such a funny thing to complain about.

Hahahahaha

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find it weird and inconsistent that some races have a special scar-option and others have it baked into the faces..

Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post
    Wanting to make white characters with black features is such a funny thing to complain about.

Hahahahaha
    Scars are black feautures , noted

Also what about black character which want white feautres ,

why even call them feautres of a colour ?

10+ Year Old Account
    I was disappointed with the scars thing =(
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JadedTauren View Post
    I found a face and hair I really love for my worgen's human form. Jewelry that was pretty cool. I don't see a problem with the ethnic options and there's plenty of customization now. Maybe you're looking at it with a narrow mind?
    Nope, the problem is now we have customization options locked by SOME of the options.
    read the thread, i.e; scars are locked for just some colors, not all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by ihate2beapessimist View Post

Hahahahaha
    If you think scars are black ONLY, yeah, it'd be "funny".
    Last edited by shimargh; 2020-10-14 at 02:12 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    I really dont like the idea that some faces are locked to the skin colour, like half the faces force you to use a black skin as female human which I just dont think is looking good at all.

In my opinion everyone should be able to use every face with every skin colour and not be forced to choose a worse one just to get a other facial feauture.
    When you think about it, it's kinda racist that certain faces are only usable for certain skin colors, because that's saying that the different races look different even beyond just the skin color.