Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    EU: Beware before purchasing WoW Token.

    I just tried to purchase a WoW token in character screen to activate my account. I lost my gold but never received my gametime. Wait until servers are stable again because this is pretty frustrating. Made a ticket, but giving my luck I bet they will have no way of tracking down if I did or didn't make a purchase.

  2. #2
    Probably a related issue: Trying to buy a WoW token in-game in order to sell it results in an error. It seems the store is either down or something broke.

  3. #3
    like the meme says : you guys can log in ?

    both linked servers I have char on are down still, I start the game and when it tried to load the server, bam, you have been disconnected

    they really should have done the full maintenance, since even for the US serv they needed 1 more hour and still had tons of problems later, but surely the EU serv would only need 3h instead of 8 or 9 no ? haha

    back to patch day, no play, been a while, but can't say I was nostalgic about that

  4. #4
    I was able to login without an active subscription on a max level character

  5. #5
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I just tried to purchase a WoW token in character screen to activate my account. I lost my gold but never received my gametime. Wait until servers are stable again because this is pretty frustrating. Made a ticket, but giving my luck I bet they will have no way of tracking down if I did or didn't make a purchase.
    they should be able to track it. how do you know you lost your gold if you're unable to get on

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    they should be able to track it. how do you know you lost your gold if you're unable to get on

    I can login to the server where you can select your character. There you can make a gold purchase for 30 days. I clicked it once and it said I had 1,1m, then I got DC'd and when I logged back in I had no gametime and when I clicked to purchase again it said I only have 900k gold left.

  7. #7
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    I can login to the server where you can select your character. There you can make a gold purchase for 30 days. I clicked it once and it said I had 1,1m, then I got DC'd and when I logged back in I had no gametime and when I clicked to purchase again it said I only have 900k gold left.
    Ah shit. Well yeah like I said they should be able to track it. They will see a decrease in your gold so should be able to credit you game time

  8. #8
    Yesterday there was a warning when signing into the game that the WoW tokens are currently unavailable for purchase. I checked the AH after logging in and could see them there, but due to the warning when signing in I did not buy any.

  9. #9
    I got a reply from a GM for my issue.

    Apparently a lot of people that bought tokens have this issue (weird seeing nobody else reporting this tho), and they granted me 24h of gametime for free and hope the issue is resolved tomorrow. If it isn't I am encouraged to reopen the ticket.

    Well played so far. :P

  10. #10
    Yeah, tokens are all kinds of broken atm.

    You can see their internal system trying to reign in the price hike and going bananas:


  11. #11
    Update: Still no gametime from my purchase and my free gametime runs out in 2 hours. Re-opened my ticket and waiting for reply.. :/

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Update: Still no gametime from my purchase and my free gametime runs out in 2 hours. Re-opened my ticket and waiting for reply.. :/
    You will most likely be able to play without active subscription because their system is borked. I reported this issue tuesday (before EU reset) and got told that they are doing maintenance, check back to us again if you can still play after the maintenance is done. I reported it again after the servers were up and I was told that they will forward the issue to the developers. So most likely they know but they dont want to officially go and say "if you cancel your sub, you can play for free when the sub runs out".

    Edit. I never bought token from the store, I usually just let the gametime run out and the buy it at the login screen. But I never got the notification to buy new game time. This happened at 10th.

    Edit2. I wonder if this has something to do with people going bananas over Blizzard shutting down the office in French. Maybe someone broke something intentionally if this is only EU issue.
    Last edited by Corroc; 2020-10-15 at 06:44 PM.

  13. #13
    Update: Still no token but got another reply from a GM. They are trying to fix it and gave me 7(!) days of free game time and I am encouraged to, again, re-open the ticket at the end of the free days to ask for news on the issue. So far the support has been great!

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,377
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Update: Still no token but got another reply from a GM. They are trying to fix it and gave me 7(!) days of free game time and I am encouraged to, again, re-open the ticket at the end of the free days to ask for news on the issue. So far the support has been great!
    good that they're being flexible. Prepatch always has some weird fucked up issues hopefully they will fix them all soon and you can get your token

  15. #15
    I am Murloc!
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Baden-Wuerttemberg
    Posts
    5,236
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazel MMO View Post
    I was able to login without an active subscription on a max level character
    yep, happened to some other players as well. client said "inactive character" yesterday for good; free play lasted a week or so.
    resubbed now, need some days with chars to get them to 50 before pre-event hits

  16. #16
    Update: I have still not received my game-time nor my gold has been refunded. Down to 52h of free game-time. Tomorrow evening I will have to re-open my ticket I guess, unless the maintenance tomorrow magically fixes this issue. I wonder why Blizz will not simply manually add my game-time and be done with it. Even if I do end up getting my token at one point, who cares not like I am gonna play forever with 30 days of "free" time. At this point it's getting kinda ridiculous. Will update in two days again. Not that anyone cares, huh?

  17. #17
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Update: I have still not received my game-time nor my gold has been refunded. Down to 52h of free game-time. Tomorrow evening I will have to re-open my ticket I guess, unless the maintenance tomorrow magically fixes this issue. I wonder why Blizz will not simply manually add my game-time and be done with it. Even if I do end up getting my token at one point, who cares not like I am gonna play forever with 30 days of "free" time. At this point it's getting kinda ridiculous. Will update in two days again. Not that anyone cares, huh?
    It may be the 30 days requires more authorization than 7 days, and there's some arcane bureaucracy involved that means that it's a lot easier for them to try to fix it some other way. Given that they've already given you 7 days and acknowledged the issue, whilst it sucks, it's unlikely that you're not going to get your 30 days.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    It may be the 30 days requires more authorization than 7 days, and there's some arcane bureaucracy involved that means that it's a lot easier for them to try to fix it some other way. Given that they've already given you 7 days and acknowledged the issue, whilst it sucks, it's unlikely that you're not going to get your 30 days.
    Sure, but they will need to give me another 7 days or whatever of free time soon. By then I would have already used up 15 days of my original purchase. Bureaucracy seems very inefficient when the solution is to just give me what I purchased and worst case remove the token if it does redeem itself later on.

    Given that I have not seen a single soul reply to this thread that also has this exact issue I would assume the actual number of people affected with this must be very low.
    Last edited by Qnubi; 2020-10-20 at 07:50 PM.

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    In the same urn as Vol'Jin
    Posts
    4,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnubi View Post
    Sure, but they will need to give me another 7 days or whatever of free time soon. By then I would have already used up 15 days of my original purchase. Bureaucracy seems very inefficient when the solution is to just give me what I purchased and worst case remove the token if it does redeem itself later on.

    Given that I have not seen a single soul reply to this thread that also has this exact issue I would assume the actual number of people affected with this must be very low.
    Yeah I suspect it must have been a transient issue and the general stability issues and so on probably prevented too many people being impacted. I don't think they'll count the 7 days they gave you against the 30 you bought, though. That's not how Blizzard have operated historically, in my experience. Interested to hear how it turns out though.
    "A youtuber said so."

    "... some wow experts being interviewed..."

    "According to researchers from Wowhead..."

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    Yeah I suspect it must have been a transient issue and the general stability issues and so on probably prevented too many people being impacted. I don't think they'll count the 7 days they gave you against the 30 you bought, though. That's not how Blizzard have operated historically, in my experience. Interested to hear how it turns out though.
    If I end-up with 30+x days I will not complain, that's for sure. :P

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •