Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    FYI: Bypass the bnet launcher and open wow directly via its own client. This results in zero waiting time.

this is pre-patch. imagine what will happen at launch.

F*ck so many Blizzard appologists here its unreal....remember to brush your teeth after sucking that blizzard impotent D*ck.

Quote Originally Posted by HypocR1sY View Post
    Your fault if you wanna play at launch and can't. Just don't play and wait until servers are stable. Didn't you know that? Man..

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Your fault if you wanna play at launch and can't. Just don't play and wait until servers are stable. Didn't you know that? Man..
    I dont recall any login issues during BFA and Legion launches at all.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I dont recall any login issues during BFA and Legion launches at all.
    I can't login for the last 9 hours so.. that is that right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm my game is already patched so I just skipped bnet, started the wow client directly and logged in from there.

I'd tried the skip battlenet login, worked, but still can't get a character to load, not found. Bleh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post

Remember, legally no one sane takes Tucker Carlson seriously.

You can just run the .exe from the _retail folder and get in.

Quote Originally Posted by HypocR1sY View Post
    Launch is less of an issue because players are already logged in throughout the day and online waiting for the switch to flip.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Hope we get compensated with an extra day of gametime... :/

Quote Originally Posted by Vidhjerta View Post
    This is what their 9th expansion now, one would think they knew how to prepare for this after all that time.
    How do you prepare for adding new code. If you think that a programmer with 30 years experience does not run in that issue you have now idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Clozer View Post
    Games like PoE that spike a hundred times harder than WoW does handle it just fine. It's not like there is no way around it.
    PoE currently runs like crap during busy hours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Delirium was only two leagues ago and had massive server problems with a higher spike then harvest which followed it. As far as I can tell heist doesn’t have any numbers out for launch players.

Blight was an example of server problems other then ques that poe has had.
    I can attest that Heist has serious server issues as well. We're talking regular 5s delays during play. As in, 5s delay, 2s of light-speed movement, 5s delay...

Quote Originally Posted by Nite92 View Post
    How do you prepare for adding new code. If you think that a programmer with 30 years experience does not run in that issue you have now idea.
    You test it before you release it, have you heard about stress-tests before? You have these benchmark programs to test out your PC.

I am sure there is an equivalent for that that can simulate real network traffic.

Its battlenet not wow there are probably 20+ millions trying to login

What was really fun yesterday was that my subscription ran out, took me over 3 hours just to get through the billions off "error 500" and "404 not found", then another hour for the payment to process, THEN i got into the game for about 10min before i got DC`d and left in a 300 min queue to log into battlenet

You test it before you release it, have you heard about stress-tests before? You have these benchmark programs to test out your PC.

I am sure there is an equivalent for that that can simulate real network traffic.
    And sometimes things slip through, or don't behave in the live enviroment like they did on test. None of this is in any way news.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And sometimes things slip through, or don't behave in the live enviroment like they did on test. None of this is in any way news.
    None claimed its new or neverhappened before, they are pissed off since Blizzard has had 15 years of experience to learn how to improve patch-releases.

None claimed its new or neverhappened before, they are pissed off since Blizzard has had 15 years of experience to learn how to improve patch-releases.
    Because there is nothing to improve. These things happen to everybody. That's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Because there is nothing to improve. These things happen to everybody. That's the point.
    I strongly disagree, of course there are ways to prepare and improve on systems before a release.