Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Not really.
    Customer pays for the service. Customer is denied said service due to technical problems. Customer IS entitled for the recompensation. Customer dont care and should not care HOW the service is working. While some minor problems can be expected this is major issue. Even the minor issues, which can be expected, like lack of the service for a hour or slower transfer, if happens constantly are justification for compensation. Those are presented and expected by a customer to be a rare exception of otherwise stable service. If "constant minor problems" are the norm then the service dont work like intendent.
    Saying to customer "suck it up cupcake" is unreal.
    Customers are free to get as irritated by Quality of Service as they want and take the relevant actions.

That doesn't change the fact that one's ISP being down has far more impact than a game not being accessible.

2 days in a row servers not fixed. Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post

That doesn't change the fact that one's ISP being down has far more impact than a game not being accessible.
    Well good we dont talk about ISP being down.

Well good we dont talk about ISP being down.
    Yes cause ISPs have nothing to do with Internet access right

Quote Originally Posted by Great Destiny Man View Post
    Yes cause ISPs have nothing to do with Internet access right
    Topic is about battle.net and wow service.
    Dont move the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Thats the thing, I can understand being angry enough to strike, but they're getting rid of you because they believe they don't need you. Maybe you'll show them they need you? But otherwise, not working wont stop them axing your job. Now, if people in Califronia went on strike...
    That's the most naive take I've ever read.

"Just show top brass they need you 4head" "Companies only restructure when they think they dont need you 4head".

They're cutting costs, regardless of the impact on their ability to deliver proper service to consumers. That's what companies do. The strike is to make things difficult for Blizzard. More power to the French employees, this isn't the US where employees have no rights and only live to create value for the rich.

If anything the fact that things are going this well shows that the employees weren't just sitting on their ass browsing Reddit all day. One strike and they can't even get their servers online or have people's characters appear.

People pay to play the game, no matter if it's 50 cents per day or 5000 cents per day. Bottom line is they can't deliver what consumer are paying for so people have a right to be angry or disappointed. Being a Blizzard shill because your WoW addiction translated into real life Stockholm syndrome won't change those realities.
    Last edited by Ashina; 2020-10-15 at 06:53 PM.

Topic is about battle.net and wow service.
    Dont move the topic.
    If you have nothing of value to add regarding my original point then I'd suggest just moving on, rather than adding pointless responses :P

OT: I dunno if I've just been lucky but honestly other than the one hour of today I've barely been inconvenienced by server issues at all. Anyone else in a similar position?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikado12 View Post
    Are you f***ing reta**ed? I am paying real money here to play this game anytime I want. Its prepatch day and it said it would be online at 15:00. 20h here and wait time is 8799635 minutes. Raging is justified in this case, oh very much. And what other users wrote, it is 9th expansion. Come fu**ing on man.
    Technically, it's only the 8th expansion. Patch 10.0 would mark the 9th expansion set.

Also, your outrage is childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    Technically, it's only the 8th expansion. Patch 10.0 would mark the 9th expansion set.

Also, your outrage is childish.
    Technically, I can not login for 30 hours now.

People can get mad all they want, but are short to forget they acknowledged a service agreement pretty much agreeing to said downtime, and then come on here still feeling pretty entitled to their rented gameplay when they can't access it.

It's a very major patch, with very major changes, and is mirroring release issues close to what the USA release had; nothing is perfect, especially major changes, so best bet is to just take a step back, get some fresh air, live life a little bit, come back when its sorted.

15+ Year Old Account
    today's new fuckup: empty character selection screens
    completely restarted the game, now it started an update... which resolved nothing, char selections still empty. I think this might be a new low, prepatches never been so shitty.
    Last edited by Zka; 2020-10-15 at 07:13 PM.

ACTIVISION, YOU are failing HARD.

Next time atleast make a temporary agreement with Amazon or any other proper hosting company to help you out around launches to ramp up your capacity for a month or two. Because your own Datacenter in Europe clearly can't handle it.

I cant begin to think how many preorders of Shadowlands you are missing out on right now. A lot of people came back to try out BFA here towards the end, those people will NOT preorder and just move on to another working game.
    Last edited by Nelle; 2020-10-15 at 07:11 PM.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake

Quote Originally Posted by Zka View Post
    today's new fuckup: empty character selection screens
    You need to wait for them to load in apparently, took almost 10 mins of wating, so get to your realm of choice and go do something else

Blizzard you are so bad it is sad.
    Embarrassing.

This shit is worse than WoD launch with your character floating over garrison

I'm not refunding sl and unsubbing just because i don't want to let my new guild down
    Last edited by D3athsting; 2020-10-15 at 07:43 PM.
    You think you do, but you don't ©
    Rogues are fine ©
    We're pretty happy with rogues ©
    Haste will fix it ©

Here's a tip guys: Don't sub to pre patch on the day it comes out and you won't have a problem. It's to be expected that logins are long or servers don't work.. Like.. have you really learned nothing after 16 years? There isn't even anything new to do anyway. Just wait till it calms down.

This login boss is really difficult, been fighting it all night and once you think you have it beat you get kicked right back out. Come on blizzard, not 2 days straight.

How can people be so angry about not being able to log in? Don't you have anything else to do?
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    How can people be so angry about not being able to log in? Don't you have anything else to do?
    I don't think people are that angry. This is more moaning than raging.

And it's perfectly reasonable to moan that you can't do something that you want to do, even though you should, in theory, be able to do it. Just not excessively - at least this thread is containing it.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Like complaining about people complaining. Don't you have anything else to do? Rhetorical question.