Streaking stars and eclipse

Streaking stars seems to be pretty pointless right now with the eclipse system, somehow I am constantly entering both eclipses at once when alternating spells.
    So I guess we no longer use SS?

I read that SS still does a pretty good dmg, but it goes against how balance plays now.

So it's up to you to choose between (potentialy) better numbers or getting used to the new way of playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Streaking stars seems to be pretty pointless right now with the eclipse system, somehow I am constantly entering both eclipses at once when alternating spells.
    So I guess we no longer use SS?
    Do you have Arcane Pulsar traits or Vision of Perfection? CA/Inc activate both Eclipses for their duration.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Do you have Arcane Pulsar traits or Vision of Perfection? CA/Inc activate both Eclipses for their duration.
    Oh I see. That's all too much, I'm getting too old for changes.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    Oh I see. That's all too much, I'm getting too old for changes.
    Eh, i'd actually suggest not using Vision. It messes with the rotation way to much to constantly have your Eclipse bonus reset and Eclipses suddenly switch. Pulsar may be workable since it is more controlled, but i've found vision to often mess with things like proccing just after you used your banked AP to boost your Eclipse, completely wasting the buff.

Eh, i'd actually suggest not using Vision. It messes with the rotation way to much to constantly have your Eclipse bonus reset and Eclipses suddenly switch. Pulsar may be workable since it is more controlled, but i've found vision to often mess with things like proccing just after you used your banked AP to boost your Eclipse, completely wasting the buff.
    Irony is it's hit-or-miss if it screws up the Eclipses or not. While I was testing some new weakauras, I was finding that AP/Vision procs were extending Eclipses and their stacked damage bonuses properly.... some of the time. It's been an issue on the beta since the start, as it's never worked properly with the Pulsar legendary. I think Visions is still worth it due to the window of double-dipping mastery as well as Solstice proccing way more often than normal, which should offset some of the damage issues related to Streaking Stars and the randomness if your Eclipses get extended properly (or just drop because CA/Inc gets extended and the Eclipses don't always get extended, dropping Eclipse midway). If anything, it has potential still, but it's rather annoying and a hassle to play around.

Worst case, I think CLF and Worldvein are viable options to reduce the need to worry about the crossover of Eclipses and Shooting Stars.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    Irony is it's hit-or-miss if it screws up the Eclipses or not. While I was testing some new weakauras, I was finding that AP/Vision procs were extending Eclipses and their stacked damage bonuses properly.... some of the time. It's been an issue on the beta since the start, as it's never worked properly with the Pulsar legendary. I think Visions is still worth it due to the window of double-dipping mastery as well as Solstice proccing way more often than normal, which should offset some of the damage issues related to Streaking Stars and the randomness if your Eclipses get extended properly (or just drop because CA/Inc gets extended and the Eclipses don't always get extended, dropping Eclipse midway). If anything, it has potential still, but it's rather annoying and a hassle to play around.

Worst case, I think CLF and Worldvein are viable options to reduce the need to worry about the crossover of Eclipses and Shooting Stars.
    Meh, for the short time this is even relevant, in my opinion the sheer annoyance of constantly having your rotation switch around randomly isn't really worth it.

I spent over an hour on dummy yesterday and here's what I got:

- they fixed VoP interaction for CA, but not Incarnation. This means that VoP extends Eclipses' duration by the amount of time it would increase CA, but extends Incarnation for 2-3 seconds more. This is very confusing especially with Eclipse tracking WAs (in my case it shows Inc icon, the duration left on Inc and numbers indicating how many Wrath / Starfire I have to cast, all at once)

- I still think VoP is worth it. I'm pretty sure dumping 3 starsurges during that proc will result in more dmg than you'd ever be able to do through empowered Wraths. In addition it's a soft reset of your Eclipse mechanic, which means that if you're lucky you can have multiple Solar Eclipses in a row

- as mentioned earlier, it increases Solstice uptime. I'm just not sure if Solstice is triggered if VoP procs when you're already in eclipse or during CA

- on the other hand I think Pulsar is not worth it. The duration is too low for the above benefits to matter. I just ended up with cancelaura macro for it

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    - on the other hand I think Pulsar is not worth it. The duration is too low for the above benefits to matter. I just ended up with cancelaura macro for it
    Just take it off your gear, then? Seems like it would be more practical to use whatever else you can get instead.

And do remember that VoP is gone the moment you enter the Shadowlands, so you might end up getting used to a rotation that soon won't be possible anymore.

Just take it off your gear, then? Seems like it would be more practical to use whatever else you can get instead.

And do remember that VoP is gone the moment you enter the Shadowlands, so you might end up getting used to a rotation that soon won't be possible anymore.
    Welp, if only I had better pieces. At this point I'd rather take Pulsar for increased starsurge dmg than Power of the Moon which, after empowerments are gone, only increased moonfire dmg by like 18.

For the rotation, surprisingly all it took to get used to the new one was first patch day (when vop was bugged so i didnt take it at all) and some time on dummy. The only problem with VoP is that when it procs it kind of breaks your starlord uptime, but oh well. Eclipse stacks arent that big of a deal, especially since they are weaker than rank 2.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    For the rotation, surprisingly all it took to get used to the new one was first patch day (when vop was bugged so i didnt take it at all) and some time on dummy. The only problem with VoP is that when it procs it kind of breaks your starlord uptime, but oh well. Eclipse stacks arent that big of a deal, especially since they are weaker than rank 2.
    It's more of an issue for me. Getting to old to get used to stuff so quickly. If i do it now, it might take me a month to get it out of my system again.