Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    It's funny how the outrage is about censorship, when all Twitter and Facebook are doing is saying, 'we're going to try and stop (some) disinformation'. They've still essentially allowed the entirety of the GOP to run wild with it. So their action in of itself is limited.

As far as the story is concerned, it's a crash course in mental gymnastics. The mainstream media need to wisen up and not run it.
    The mainstream media just put a Trump town hall to rival the Biden one, just for ratings. I'm almost sure they'll run this, because they're whoring for clicks.
    Forgive my english, as i'm not a native speaker

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    In an attempt to engage this in good faith, here are some glaring issues:

1) The sources for this information are Rudy Giuliani and Steve Bannon, and published in two Rupert Murdoch rags, the NY Post and its British equivalent.

2) The laptop supposedly ended up this computer shop in December......coincidentally, the month Giuliani got back from Ukraine, and went on a speaking tour on Fox News about how he had shit on Hunter Biden.

3) What was Rudy doing in Ukraine? Oh, he was meeting with a known Russian intelligence agent? What?

4) Why would Hunter Biden drop off a laptop and never pick it up?

5) Why would he drop it off in a Delaware shop when he lives in California?

6) Why can the shop owner not identify Hunter as the person who dropped it off? (Hint: It's because it would probably be easily-provable perjury, if, say, Hunter has even the remotest semblence of a known schedule)

7) Why did the shop owner illegally peruse the laptop's contents when it was supposedly dropped off for "water damage," and then illegally make a copy of the hard drive?

8) If the FBI has had it since December, why hasn't it produced anything?

9) Oh, you're saying this was dismissed already during the impeachment hearings when Republicans brought it up, and bipartisan committees who looked into it found nothing but a Russian disinformation scheme?

10) Oh wait, THIS IS LITERALLY WHAT TRUMP WAS IMPEACHED FOR?

11) Why has no grand jury or any sort of investigation found anything regarding this?

12) Most damning of all....Biden led an international effort to fire the prosecutor in the so-called EMail not because he was investigating Burisma, a company his son didn't yet sit on the board of........but because THE PROSECUTOR REFUSED TO INVESTIGATE THE CORRUPTION AT BURISMA. It was internationally lauded as the correct thing to do, and official policy of the Obama Administration. Why would this alleged meeting (which Biden himself confirms never happen) be some sign of grift or corruption if Biden's position was to shitcan this guy?

Edit: 13) Another thing, why would Hunter Biden be EMailing himself smoking crack and having sex with a sex worker to.....who? This reeks of Russian Kompromat spoofed onto a computer as fake emails.
    This NYPost story is seriously some National Enquirer level garbage. Can you imagine that we have US Senators.. SENATORS!... members of what was once lauded as the greatest deliberative body on the planet peddling this horseshit?

Hey Ted Cruz, I heard that a Muslim alien had a love child with Obama that turned out to be a bigfoot and the proof is in Hillary's emails!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Where are you seeing that she has access to her account? I can find no confirmation, and she has not made a new post since the one that was censored.
    https://twitter.com/kayleighmcenany?lang=en

The tweet in question is no longer available. She's RT'd three things and posted once, four hours ago, since then. Including 2 hours ago with Trump's post.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeth Hawkins View Post
    Incorrect. Their most recent post was made six hours ago.
    https://nypost.com/2020/10/14/facebo...-from-posting/
    Fair. Maybe they shouldn't promote disinformation? I mean, that's likely why they lost access, because they shared transparently obvious disinformation. They shouldn't do that. They're being treated like the other accounts that spread disinformation. Being a tabloid news magazine doesn't give them protection for that on Twitter's platform.

Quote Originally Posted by Thepersona View Post
    The mainstream media just put a Trump town hall to rival the Biden one, just for ratings. I'm almost sure they'll run this, because they're whoring for clicks.
    So far they haven’t. In fact folk like Maddow and Tapper have been very direct in discrediting the piece. WaPo, NYT and co are following suit. Honestly unless Christopher Wray coming out and doing any funny business, which given he’s not Comey, doesn’t seem like he will, this will just be another right wing conspiracy theory and remain that. The Trump townhall has Chuck Todd written all over it. He’s still super bitter about the Obama years.

the worst part isnt even that its fake
    its that the source is probably directly russian intelligence agencies
    and its being parroted by our own government
    russian spies literally have influence over our government

The Lightbringer GreenGoldSharpie's Avatar
    5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Who gives a shit about James Woods, honestly? Hasn't he threatened to quit Twitter and then come crawling back.
    Give the guy a break. He's had to devote a lot more time to his girlfriend's education since high schools went to online learning.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eviscero View Post
    Hey Ted Cruz, I heard that a Muslim alien had a love child with Obama that turned out to be a bigfoot and the proof is in Hillary's emails!!!
    This is fake news unless Bat Boy was involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joe Biden sucks. His son is a backroom leech and he has a career himself has a career full of being a weirdo whose trades justice for peace.

He still isn't the candidate who is looting the union, taking away from workers, allowing citizens to die home and abroad, gasing protesters, I can go and go.

If the Biden's are corrupt and that means they should be disqualified remember the learned it from the Trump's who shouldn't even be part of the conversation.
    Last edited by PACOX; 2020-10-15 at 01:37 AM.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

So far they haven’t. In fact folk like Maddow and Tapper have been very direct in discrediting the piece. WaPo, NYT and co are following suit. Honestly unless Christopher Wray coming out and doing any funny business, which given he’s not Comey, doesn’t seem like he will, Chuck Todd written all over it. He’s still super bitter about the Obama years.this will just be another right wing conspiracy theory and remain that. The Trump townhall has
    Well, now you have to tell me the gossip, as i was unaware of that.

Well, now you have to tell me the gossip, as i was unaware of that.
    I think you word saladed my quote there, Champ. What bit are you asking about?

I think you word saladed my quote there, Champ. What bit are you asking about?
    Oh crap, i did. I was asking about Chuck Todd being super bitter about Obama.

Oh crap, i did. I was asking about Chuck Todd being super bitter about Obama.
    Yeah, he’s always been quite upset that Obama didn’t do enough to ‘turn’ the GOP good. Criticised Obama quite regularly for his lack of ferocity in fighting them. So it’s likely he’s just now being a ratings whore with this town hall. The issue is that Trump plays the ratings game more than Todd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Joe Biden suck. His son is a backroom leech and he has a career himself has a career full of being a weirdo whose trades justice for peace.
    WTF are you on about?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    This is fake news unless Bat Boy was involved.
    That’s weekly world news...

Batboy 4 life!!!
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    WTF are you on about?
    We're not doing this. We're not going going down a rabbit hole because you don't like the way someone can critique Biden while saying he is still better than Trump.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    We're not doing this. We're not going going down a rabbit hole because you don't like the way someone can critique Biden while saying he is still better than Trump.
    Yeah, as long as you are scared of me, more than your conscience. You don’t have to prove anything to me...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBrown1917 View Post
    Name one that is clean.
    Hell I'd bet your own are filthy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Yeah, as long as you are scared of me, more than your conscience. You don’t have to prove anything to me...
    Youre right again. I'm afraid of wasting my time and energy and foolishness.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    The post was a trash tabloid long before Murdoch bought it.
    Yep, when Trump posted his full page ad in support of the death penalty for the Central Park 5 in 1989, it isn't surprising.

The more I read about this the more clear it's a pile of shit story. This entire thing is one big fabrication.

It's sad how desperate Trump supporters are for some kind of scandal as if it's going to balance out against Trump's 100s of scandals.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Well, good for Twitter for taking a stand against conspiracy theorists and racists.
    Machismo supporting censorship, typical.

What is racist about conspiracy theory on Biden's adopted son using his father's influence for profit?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arandomuser View Post
    the worst part isnt even that its fake
    its that the source is probably directly russian intelligence agencies
    and its being parroted by our own government
    russian spies literally have influence over our government
    Replacing one conspiracy theory with another isn't how you should approach things.

Republicans are quite capable of doing it themselves.

- - - Updated - - -

Twitter and FB censorship boosted this story a lot more then it's (likely fake) content.

Getting bitten by streisand effect.