Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hunter Biden = the new Hillary Clinton.

- - - Updated - - -

The fucking right wing meltdown on Twitter is goddamned hilarious if you ask me.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post

- - - Updated - - -

The fucking right wing meltdown on Twitter is goddamned hilarious if you ask me.
    They’re trying so god damn hard to make this into a scandal. I bet you the 1 hour on NBC is just gonna be a big whinge.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bill Clinton... it’s like bringing Paula Jones to debates with Hillary...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valkyrst View Post
    They’re trying so god damn hard to make this into a scandal. I bet you the 1 hour on NBC is just gonna be a big whinge.
    What they are trying to do, is argue censorship, instead of legitimacy of the claim. At least as far as I have seen... like the recent Graham comment about Facebook and Twitter...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    Bill Clinton... it’s like bringing Paula Jones to debates with Hillary...

- - - Updated - - -

What they are trying to do, is argue censorship, instead of legitimacy of the claim. At least as far as I have seen... like the recent Graham comment about Facebook and Twitter...
    They don’t realise that if they repeal 230 and make a Twitter into a ‘publisher’, they’re gonna get banned 24/7.

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    Can confirm. I totally saw you taking it to the shop. Checkmate @Darkeon.
    I concede.

They don’t realise that if they repeal 230 and make a Twitter into a ‘publisher’, they’re gonna get banned 24/7.
    i tried to tell this to a half a dozen magaheads and they said "no they won't".....

why would twitter even put them selves at risk for these people if they lose immunity?

Been 30 years still waiting for a single pro democrat phone call into Rush. Wait, i though we were all allowed to say and be on every outlet, why is Rush taking away my free speech rights by screening phone calls and pre recording them so he can delete any that might get through screening???
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's worse than "banned". Repeal 230, and you'll have to be approved to post anything, most likely on a post-by-post basis until/unless the site decides to trust you (and thus, take on liability, so not likely at all). If you post anything the site deems even marginally, potentially, problematic, your post won't be approved. They won't take on that liability. Section 230 is what currently protects them from that. Literally the point.

They won't be "banned", because they'll never be permitted to post in the first place.

You posted something someone might possibly have construed as implicitly racist, like, ever in your life? You're never going to be permitted to post anything in a post-230 social media world.

This "scandal" has been thoroughly debunked. There's really nothing more to prove how stupid and shit it is.

I hope the remainder of this thread's life is dedicated to laughing about how ridiculous this is....because if we take it as serious as we did with Hillary's emails, then this will blossom into that.

Let the Trump cult lose their minds over this, who cares? Just keep laughing at them...they won;t know what to do, if we laugh every time they talk.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    It's worse than "banned". Repeal 230, and you'll have to be approved to post anything, most likely on a post-by-post basis until/unless the site decides to trust you (and thus, take on liability, so not likely at all). If you post anything the site deems even marginally, potentially, problematic, your post won't be approved. They won't take on that liability. Section 230 is what currently protects them from that. Literally the point.

They won't be "banned", because they'll never be permitted to post in the first place.

You posted something someone might possibly have construed as implicitly racist, like, ever in your life? You're never going to be permitted to post anything in a post-230 social media world.
    and to relate it to this site.

every single person here will have to prove exactly whom they are, register with real information and post with that information. no more made up names. no more anon's. How popular is that going to be? How dead is this site and others going to be?

You will also be sued to shit on a personal level if you do in fact cause something like twitter to be sued. they are not going to absorb the liability without trying to recoup it off your ass.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    and to relate it to this site.

every single person here will have to prove exactly whom they are, register with real information and post with that information. no more made up names. no more anon's. How popular is that going to be? How dead is this site and others going to be?

You will also be sued to shit on a personal level if you do in fact cause something like twitter to be sued. they are not going to absorb the liability without trying to recoup it off your ass.
    lol remember how well the Blizzard real id thing went? It would be that x1000

Quote Originally Posted by Hadriker View Post
    lol remember how well the Blizzard real id thing went? It would be that x1000
    Listen 230 also protects blizzard in game chat.

Kiss general chat goodbye if 230 disappears.
    Buh Byeeeeeeeeeeee !!

Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    Listen 230 also protects blizzard in game chat.

Kiss general chat goodbye if 230 disappears.
    "In light of the repeal of Section 230, we are removing all forms of in-game chat except for private messages. This is in the best interests of ourselves and our game to ensure that we can continue to operate with acceptable liability and not be sued out of existence when we start getting sued for the batshit insane stuff we'd normally just ban your asses for. You're welcome."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    "In light of the repeal of Section 230, we are removing all forms of in-game chat except for private messages. This is in the best interests of ourselves and our game to ensure that we can continue to operate with acceptable liability and not be sued out of existence when we start getting sued for the batshit insane stuff we'd normally just ban your asses for. You're welcome."
    To be blunt, I think the anti-Section-230 types know all this.

It's just a way they can try and pull a "if I'm gonna get banned for being a racist abusive megachoad, I'm gonna make sure nobody can enjoy social media by ruining it for everyone."

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, though...

The republicans aren’t running against Hunter Biden.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post

Not just social media sites but every other site where far right wingers like to fester Reddit, 4chan, 8chan, etc... and they would also lose the true bastion of truth and the very light in the dark age of "fake news" Youtube with all their favorite right wing nuts and charlatans telling them bullshit 24/7. Ya all those sites are gone like literal dust in the wind. Reddit, 4chan, 8chan all those sites would immediately go under if Section 230 was repealed because no one could post anything and that is all those sites are, forum sites for people to post shit. Youtube would drastically change with every video taken down except official videos from corporations or channels that have licenses from companies to post videos. Soon enough that would probably change and Youtube would more then likely turn into a subscription based website like Netflix due to the cost of licensing and the huge loss of revenue due to billions of videos from stars with millions of fans being gone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poopymonster View Post
    Leftover pizza. Plum tomatoes, black olives, and garlic as toppings. It's my day off, I'ma eat like a trash panda.
    You had to bring pizza into this...

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, they don’t understand that this is government attacking, not protecting, free speech.
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

Win-win for everyone. Twitter format likely dying if it loses 230 protection is also great.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    These dipshits have as many morals and scruples between them as Voldemort's entire cabal as well as a complicit DOJ and an army of blithering mouthbreathers and bots and this was the best they could conjure up?? The scandal equivalent of 'I know a guy who's cousin knows a guy' tier gossip?

We're blessed that these people are so fucking stupid while being so morally bankrupt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Win-win for everyone. Twitter format likely dying if it loses 230 protection is also great.
    So is this forum... we would have to turn to China’s social media or something... how is ok.ru?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    So is this forum... we would have to turn to China’s social media or something... how is ok.ru?
    The inherent hilarity in Eastern Europeans not realising a Section 230 repeal would lead to a situation where it's safer for social media companies to blanket ban Eastern European IP addresses rather than risk being held liable for disinformation campaigns.

You think they would have caught the hint after GDPR meant they lost 9 out of every 10 "people" on their contacts list.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, wait. Forgot that they have a gripe with the free internet because it represents a massive loose end in Putin's efforts to reassert totalitarian control over the former Soviet sphere by puncturing his propaganda efforts and that's why they want Section 230 repealed. Duh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.