Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Pre-expansion new content

I got an email today from Blizzard Activision titled 'Fight the Scourge in the Shadowlands Pre-expansion Update.'

I log in but there's no scourge to fight, just stuff removed and new bugs, is there something I am missing?

The actual "event" starts in a few weeks, maybe next week.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    The actual "event" starts in a few weeks, maybe next week.
    So why didn't they sent this email when the event actually starts?

Quote Originally Posted by n0n3 View Post
    Maybe ask them and not us?

Probably you didn’t read all the details.

The email in question was sent to me a couple of hours ago so I logged in expecting to fight the scourge. I read it again and it doesn't say anything about the event going live in the next weeks.

I made a screenshot if it helps.

https://imgur.com/a/ZmvWUrM

So people buy one sub month.Then later they'll send a new one for the actual prepatch event.
    They don't lie, they are just dishonest. Like when a new patch is live, people think the raid too, while they'll open it 3 weeks later.
    That's not new.

They space out patch contents for subs.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-10-14 at 10:04 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    You just go to the Icecrown and fight the scourge like you fought x-years ago.
    technically you can find youself a battle.
    it might be outdated yeah, but still you can fight!
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

15+ Year Old Account
    The email in question was sent to me a couple of hours ago so I logged in expecting to fight the scourge. I read it again and it doesn't say anything about the event going live in the next weeks.

I got the exact same email tonight and you're not reading it correctly. Pay close attention to the highlighted part. Nowhere in the email you got nor that I got did it say that the Scourge invasion started today. Read the highlighted part very closely. Your failure to read does not mean Blizzard lied to you.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I got the exact same email tonight and you're not reading it correctly. Pay close attention to the highlighted part. Nowhere in the email you got nor that I got did it say that the Scourge invasion started today. Read the highlighted part very closely. Your failure to read does not mean Blizzard lied to you.

I guess "the fighting versus darkness once more" is all about having a new beard.
    But yeah. Just a blatant misleading commercial emailing. A clickbait.
    Last edited by Tarba; 2020-10-14 at 10:11 AM.

I see so it was just a marketing lie sent by blizzard to get me resubbed to their game.

Props to them, they got 13 euros out of my wallet but I will never believe this company BS ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post

"and more"

Props to them, they got 13 euros out of my wallet but I will never believe this company BS ever again.
    You are late to the party.

I see so it was just a marketing lie
    Not a lie. Just your interpretation of the written words is different from what they actually wrote.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I see so it was just a marketing lie sent by blizzard to get me resubbed to their game.

Your fault for immediately throwing money at them before you read on what's actually available from the start. May this be a lesson and good riddance.

Quote Originally Posted by salate View Post
    You just go to the Icecrown and fight the scourge like you fought x-years ago.
    technically you can find youself a battle.
    it might be outdated yeah, but still you can fight!
    Count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Your fault for immediately throwing money at them before you read on what's actually available from the start. May this be a lesson and good riddance.
    Actually, it should be fairly easy to call my bank and make a chargeback on the transaction.
    I will wait 24 hours to see if I get another email from Blizzard Activision with an explanation about their misleading message.

10+ Year Old Account

Thank you for putting in this ticket at MMO-Champion.com Userbase Support.
    Your screenshot helps us to quickly troubleshoot this issue for you.

All our operators are currently on call. Your call is very important to us. Please hold.

Looking marvelous in velvet.

Actually, it should be fairly easy to call my bank and make a chargeback on the transaction.
    I will wait 24 hours to see if I get another email from Blizzard Activision with an explanation about their misleading message.
    Sure, let's play this game. Please point out where exactly Blizzard lie to you.

None of this email you screenshot talks about the scourge invasion or stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    I guess "the fighting versus darkness once more" is all about having a new beard.
    But yeah. Just a blatant misleading commercial emailing. A clickbait.
    If you can check your email you can check mmo-champion. You should've known what it's in it and what isn't. It's on the front page.