Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
3
4
5
6
LastLast
  1. #81
    Mission tables in:
    WOD: Was kinda fun at first, because it was a new thing. But after a while I came to the conclusion (like most others) that it was a mobile-inspired bs thing to keep you occupied. Add to that the whole circle of getting a follower, lvl them, gear them, etc was slow and boring. By the time Misson Table Part II: Ships came out, I was already bored (mind you I did everything, got all achievements etc).

    LEG: So basically the same thing, too slow and also as an altoholic felt kind forced to do them because the rewards were too good to miss (paragon reps alone) but I really didnt enjoy them. All this recruit, level, gear, equip it just wasnt worth the enjoyment/time.

    BFA: I can accept these mission tables, and if they continue with this in SL i'm okay with it. Basically requires not much effort, and the rewards arent great (neither should they be) but a small bonus to rep, gold or AP is fine.

    I wouldn't mind seeing mission tables in future, post-SL expansions, if it's been revamped to be something other than mobile-bs.

  2. #82
    Brewmaster Evaddon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Shadowlands
    Posts
    1,284
    I don't like it nor hate it, its really a nonissue honestly. As long as they don't repeat what WoD did, where you could have max raid gear from doing nothing then I don't see how its really a problem for anyone?

  3. #83
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why is this?
    I feel the same about WQs/Dailies. The reality is that not everyone is you. Some people love it just like lots of people love WQs. I wish Blizzard would take steps to make these activities less mandatory, though I never felt like the table was mandatory at all in BFA. I mostly ignored it the whole time.

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Pretty much zero development time porting version from one expansion to another, and vast majority of playerbase use it, whether they like it or not.

    Not sure why people like you don't like it, it's free gold. And with mobile app you don't even have to log in, can send missions at work, while in the bathroom, on a train, or whenever. Zero effort, only benefits, no downside...Yeah, I guess they should remove it, Whalescream doesn't like it, so.
    Personally I don't enjoy the micromanagement of followers, equipping them with "gear", etc. All that happens is that it ends up being relegated to being automated by an addon that just picks the best followers for me. Its not interesting, regardless of whether its rewarding or not.

    That said, as long as it doesn't become mandatory (by providing otherwise unattainable items/resources or offering bonuses to other things) I don't really care if its there or not.

  5. #85
    Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post
    I feel the same about WQs/Dailies. The reality is that not everyone is you. Some people love it just like lots of people love WQs. I wish Blizzard would take steps to make these activities less mandatory, though I never felt like the table was mandatory at all in BFA. I mostly ignored it the whole time.
    Even on the beta, both those activities feel less mandatory than they did in BfA. Heck, I forget the mission table exists in Shadowlands, as you need to spend anima to upgrade your sanctum to even use it. WQ's serve a purpose, but their relevancy and impact on your character decay pretty quickly to where you're going to be picking and choosing if you even want to do some of the activities at all, versus clearing the entire map in every zone. There might be some of that if you want to get Honored quickly with some reputations, but it's not required.

    WQ's can continue to be a source of upgrades if you upgrade your sanctum, but if you have any aspirations for end-game content you'll likely exceed the upgrades by the time you acquire them. WQ's do occasionally offer conduits for your class, although I've yet to see their rank increase based upon your sanctum progress (could be a bug?). Regardless, if you are really casual with your progression and really take your time, WQ's will be a solid gear progression path for those who want it. If you do M+ or raiding, as I stated earlier the relevancy of WQ's diminishes greatly.

    I think people's perception of anima currency and having WQ's as a source of anima get people thinking it's Azerite power or Artifact power, but it's really not. The huge difference is that anima is not going to be your limiting factor when it comes to upgrading your sanctum (which in itself is purely optional). You'll get a weekly quest that provides a soul currency that is the actual limiting factor for sanctums. Basically, doing your weekly soul quest and doing a few callings (aka, emissaries which may not even be tied to WQs) will be fairly sufficient to progress your sanctum upgrades. The only thing that's related to your sanctum is Renown, but it's a separate progression that gates your sanctum and power progression, and it's also a once-a-week activity.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

  6. #86
    The BfA one has been decent with the double rep buff as far as obtaining Emissary caches and the 4k-ish gold. Especially Champions of Azeroth, as those missions can give nearly 1k rep.

    I've been a fan of these since MoP, and I'm excited for the new one.

  7. #87
    Warchief Ardenaso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Philippines
    Posts
    2,097
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Because this time it is an Auto Chess variant.
    why hasn't Blizzard made a Warcraft Chess yet lol
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Horde's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

    My Lightbound Orc and Alteraci Human suggestion thread

  8. #88
    how to keep people logged in every day. mobile gaming is the easiest way to do it.
    every free to play mobile game has this thing called expeditions. You log in, send some characters off to somewhere, they pick up some stuff and come back after 4-24 hours. And it kind of addicting although the rewards are minimal. Makes you log in. And that is their purpose.

  9. #89
    Immortal
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    South Africa
    Posts
    7,957
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Problem with the subsystem is that this being a multiplayer game and therefore competitive (even between PvE guilds), if you spend time doing something mundane that gives competitive advantages even if small then it can make the game worse for people that value their time and they don't like the minigame.
    It reminds me that even world first guilds complained that they had to do a lot of 5man mythics to compete with other players but in this case it's worse because I doubt the minigame is liked by more people than those that like 5mans and it's something that gives a small but clear competitive advantage.
    As with all things in this game, I think it's the players' responsibility to draw a proper distinction between optional content and mandatory content. And the notion that something is mandatory simply because it gives you a competitive advantage is nonsense. For something to be mandatory, it has to give you an exclusive competitive advantage that you can't access in another way.

    The mission table isn't mandatory because all the things you get from it can be obtained through other means. Sure, getting more gold, getting more rep, getting more AP etc does give one a competitive advantage, but not because it is from the mission table. So if someone doesn't like the minigame, they can indeed comfortably ignore it and spend their valuable time focussing on other things instead.

    The fundamental problem facing competitive players isn't the content that they claim they are "forced" to participate in. It's that being competitive, by it's very nature, means that you need to match the time and effort that yours competitors put into the game. This is not something mandated by the game, but by inter-player competition.

    In short, I have little sympathy for "competitive" players who complain about being forced into spending hours of their precious time doing content they don't like. Because, in truth, no one is forcing them to do it except for themselves, because they want to outdo other players.

  10. #90
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why is this?
    Because I would rather play Draenor with Garrisons, than current overtuned and overcomplicated xpacks, that are designed around artificially inflating MAUs and activity stats to keep shareholders happy, not around making game fun and rewarding.

    P.S. My personal dream - to be able to use my alts as minions.

  11. #91
    Scarab Lord
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,378
    just like to point out that this thread has been active for about 40 hours and the OP has yet to make a second post. this is becoming a bit of a trend, someone will make a troll thread with a bait title that is utterly false and then abandon the thread because the entire reason is to stir people up

  12. #92
    The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    The Lookout
    Posts
    20,496
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Problem with the subsystem is that this being a multiplayer game and therefore competitive (even between PvE guilds), if you spend time doing something mundane that gives competitive advantages even if small then it can make the game worse for people that value their time and they don't like the minigame.
    It reminds me that even world first guilds complained that they had to do a lot of 5man mythics to compete with other players but in this case it's worse because I doubt the minigame is liked by more people than those that like 5mans and it's something that gives a small but clear competitive advantage.
    Who the fuck cares if it affects 0.5% of the playerbase. I give little shits about the woes of someone who chooses to play a videogame competitively but also cries they have to do things in the game.

  13. #93
    i liked them in legion, when you could get bonus rolls, loot, and actual decent amount of gold from them. in bfa, they're shit. and probably will be in shadowlands too...

  14. #94
    Wow, some people REALLY like it??

  15. #95
    Mechagnome Wolfrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Tarren Mill (EU)
    Posts
    749
    talk for your self, I really enjoy the mission table, and how it has evolved.

    I liked the mission table of Warloard of dranor
    Iliked the mission table of legion...
    and I really enjoyed the missing table of Battle for azeroth.

    and I really really enjoy the new take on the shadowlands mission table ^^
    -

    One Learns most when Teaching others!

  16. #96
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    436
    You never have to go to the Table, do it on the app.
    Free shit, cant beat it.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  17. #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why is this?
    The answer is:
    There must be atleast some content.
    Mission table is a system they can re-create really fast going from expansion to expansion.
    Why not use it?

    Do you have better ideas of putting like, let's say, 5% amount of work hours (just an example) and getting a system that can be easily updated and lasts through the whole expansion?
    If yes then plz enlighten me

  18. #98
    Stood in the Fire Krimzin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    436
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Because I would rather play Draenor with Garrisons, than current overtuned and overcomplicated xpacks, that are designed around artificially inflating MAUs and activity stats to keep shareholders happy, not around making game fun and rewarding.

    P.S. My personal dream - to be able to use my alts as minions.
    The same stuff you complain about, as you say to keep shareholders happy is the same stuff players enjoy. I mean I get it that some people dont understand all the ins and outs of the game, it can be complicated for some. On the same hand, if you think somethings complicated and want things simpler, it means for the rest of us we are bored senseless. If you truly enjoyed WoD Garrisons, it means you like to play solo. I made a ton of gold from Garrisons and am grateful for them, but damn they were sooooo boring. I would rather see WoW get harder not easier.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

    Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark




  19. #99
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why is this?
    They don't have a garrison mission table in Shadowlands ... not even a boat mission table. Just saying.

    Due to COVID-19, Germany is running out of sausages and cheese.
    The government considers this to be the Wurst Käse scenario

  20. #100
    Since plenty of people have stated how it is optional so it's okay I'll provide a counter.

    The biggest issue with the WoW in general for the past few expansions has been content bloat. That is there are too many features yet nothing to do because it's all boring "optional" content that people will defend with their lives because of that fact. Mission tables, expeditions, warfronts, garrisons, order halls, all of it feels sorta half-assed then forgotten about. It's exhausting.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •