Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I'd like it if we could get mounts from the mission table, instead of them putting them behind 500 000 gold gates.

I've been saying it for years and I still think it holds true: The mission table itself was never issue.

In fact I think Blizzard has, without reason, made the mission table worse and worse with each iteration to the point of having completely hollowed it out. In WoD I actually liked how you got new champions via some achievments and quests, up until legion you actually had them accompany you on your daily routines and stuff, since bfa it's pretty much just bland rubbish.

The new iteration is at least a different system under the hood. I'm not sure I like it though, the auto-battlers are not quite my thing, and imho the way they are explained ingame is also insufficient. There is a bunch of arrows and indicators and I have no idea what they do, what do tanks actually block and what not? How does attack order work? It's alot more complex and I'm not sure this is the time right now for making complex things but it also doesn't hurt anyone just being there.
    Last edited by Cosmic Janitor; 2020-10-15 at 09:22 AM.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

We don't have many info in it from the start anyway. I suppose it's going to be something akin "place your units in field and check after a while what's happening". I don't expect it to be something you actually have to be regularly or costantly on, excluding standard management of heroes and units.

At least it's something more interesting than "press on 3 icons and wait for a timer".
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

SL table is supposed to be a more complicated auto battler thingie, so I'm kind of looking forward to that. Loved the legion iteration, didn't care much about BfA's, but it did help get some AP and other stuff from time to time so it's not like there was anything to dislike...

On another note, I'm willing to bet OP didn't even try out the new table on the beta and just rants about it for no reason
    Armory Link
    Mount Collection

Everything wrong with gamers in one sentence:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cavox View Post
    I want Activision-Blizzard to burn, but for crimes against gaming, not because they got me too'd.

10+ Year Old Account
    to be honest the mission tables have become such a minor thing now I just don't really mind it being there :P

I have no problem as long as they are not something required or constantly used as a way to timegate progress. But i don't mind if from time to time there is some questline requiring it.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why is this?
    Because you're the perfect exemple of the self-centered ape who think his opinion automatically becomes an absolute truth on the matter.

I enjoy mission table and I enjoyed doing it since it's introduction. I enjoyed it very much during WoD and Legion when you could really gear up and optimize your roster in different ways, I liked it less on BFA where there wasn't anything to do with it and I can't wait to test the Shadowlands iteration. It's another (small) mini-game you can do beside farming mm+ and raid and I'm cool with it.

Beats me. I don't use it, and neither do I like it. Maybe the person responsible for designing the mission table sleeps with the project lead, thus securing his job.
    Last edited by metzger84; 2020-10-15 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Though I guess we quickly have addons that turn it into "press on 3 icons and wait for a timer".
    Depends. So far the only input needed was to add units to the mission depending on static buffs/debuffs, so it's pretty easy to determine the best combo of unit to put. Then there's zero interaction.

In the new system, it seems to be more of a continuos effort - where you can have different enemies over time, or different things to negate. Something like a series of waves where you may adapt your team accordingly. I know, it doesn't sound much and i'm not an autobattler expert.

Anyway, the idea is that instead of setting things up and forget, it's going to be something you may want to check every once in a while from your phone.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Problem with the subsystem is that this being a multiplayer game and therefore competitive (even between PvE guilds), if you spend time doing something mundane that gives competitive advantages even if small then it can make the game worse for people that value their time and they don't like the minigame.
    well it doesnt give competitive advantage... it doesnt reward anything you couldnt get elsewhere and in bigger amounts...
    perhaps only thing it "helps" is rep, which helps what, first month of the expansion? even then just a little bit...

- - - Updated - - -

Why is this?
    there are people who like it, if you dont you can ignore it completely, as its not necesary to use as it was in wod/legion...
    i beliee there is whole ONE folower mission in war campaign in the begining that you have to do, and thats it, you can keep the table unchecked for the rest of your life...
    not sure how is it in shadowlands, but unless its heavily gating progres why should i matter its in? let people who want to enjoy it, and ill just ignore it as i did in BFA...

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to "like" it in WoD due to passive gold farm you could have, same with Legion.

I barely it touched in BFA wasn't overly bothered by it either, it also didn't do any harm being there for those who do like it so I dont see what the problem is?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Yeah...ofc that is how it works. If there is anything that one doesn't use and doesn't like, it is in this world because somebody sleeps his / her way up in the world ^^
    I'm really glad we can agree on that one.

I don't have a problem with the table, I will use it from time to time and that's it. Its not a big deal.

Why is this?
    I actually love them. I choose wow over other games just FOR the garrison style mission tables. I still log in daily with all of my toons just to do my garrison tables, and legion tables and BFA tables. I enjoy them so much I think the game should be named "World of Tables"

Mission tables in:
    WOD: Was kinda fun at first, because it was a new thing. But after a while I came to the conclusion (like most others) that it was a mobile-inspired bs thing to keep you occupied. Add to that the whole circle of getting a follower, lvl them, gear them, etc was slow and boring. By the time Misson Table Part II: Ships came out, I was already bored (mind you I did everything, got all achievements etc).

LEG: So basically the same thing, too slow and also as an altoholic felt kind forced to do them because the rewards were too good to miss (paragon reps alone) but I really didnt enjoy them. All this recruit, level, gear, equip it just wasnt worth the enjoyment/time.

BFA: I can accept these mission tables, and if they continue with this in SL i'm okay with it. Basically requires not much effort, and the rewards arent great (neither should they be) but a small bonus to rep, gold or AP is fine.

I wouldn't mind seeing mission tables in future, post-SL expansions, if it's been revamped to be something other than mobile-bs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it nor hate it, its really a nonissue honestly. As long as they don't repeat what WoD did, where you could have max raid gear from doing nothing then I don't see how its really a problem for anyone?

Why is this?
    I feel the same about WQs/Dailies. The reality is that not everyone is you. Some people love it just like lots of people love WQs. I wish Blizzard would take steps to make these activities less mandatory, though I never felt like the table was mandatory at all in BFA. I mostly ignored it the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Pretty much zero development time porting version from one expansion to another, and vast majority of playerbase use it, whether they like it or not.

Not sure why people like you don't like it, it's free gold. And with mobile app you don't even have to log in, can send missions at work, while in the bathroom, on a train, or whenever. Zero effort, only benefits, no downside...Yeah, I guess they should remove it, Whalescream doesn't like it, so.
    Personally I don't enjoy the micromanagement of followers, equipping them with "gear", etc. All that happens is that it ends up being relegated to being automated by an addon that just picks the best followers for me. Its not interesting, regardless of whether its rewarding or not.

That said, as long as it doesn't become mandatory (by providing otherwise unattainable items/resources or offering bonuses to other things) I don't really care if its there or not.

Quote Originally Posted by themortalgod View Post
    I feel the same about WQs/Dailies. The reality is that not everyone is you. Some people love it just like lots of people love WQs. I wish Blizzard would take steps to make these activities less mandatory, though I never felt like the table was mandatory at all in BFA. I mostly ignored it the whole time.
    Even on the beta, both those activities feel less mandatory than they did in BfA. Heck, I forget the mission table exists in Shadowlands, as you need to spend anima to upgrade your sanctum to even use it. WQ's serve a purpose, but their relevancy and impact on your character decay pretty quickly to where you're going to be picking and choosing if you even want to do some of the activities at all, versus clearing the entire map in every zone. There might be some of that if you want to get Honored quickly with some reputations, but it's not required.

WQ's can continue to be a source of upgrades if you upgrade your sanctum, but if you have any aspirations for end-game content you'll likely exceed the upgrades by the time you acquire them. WQ's do occasionally offer conduits for your class, although I've yet to see their rank increase based upon your sanctum progress (could be a bug?). Regardless, if you are really casual with your progression and really take your time, WQ's will be a solid gear progression path for those who want it. If you do M+ or raiding, as I stated earlier the relevancy of WQ's diminishes greatly.

I think people's perception of anima currency and having WQ's as a source of anima get people thinking it's Azerite power or Artifact power, but it's really not. The huge difference is that anima is not going to be your limiting factor when it comes to upgrading your sanctum (which in itself is purely optional). You'll get a weekly quest that provides a soul currency that is the actual limiting factor for sanctums. Basically, doing your weekly soul quest and doing a few callings (aka, emissaries which may not even be tied to WQs) will be fairly sufficient to progress your sanctum upgrades. The only thing that's related to your sanctum is Renown, but it's a separate progression that gates your sanctum and power progression, and it's also a once-a-week activity.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville