Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The BfA one has been decent with the double rep buff as far as obtaining Emissary caches and the 4k-ish gold. Especially Champions of Azeroth, as those missions can give nearly 1k rep.

I've been a fan of these since MoP, and I'm excited for the new one.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    Because this time it is an Auto Chess variant.
    why hasn't Blizzard made a Warcraft Chess yet lol
    The Alliance gets the Horde's most popular race. The Horde should get the Alliance's most popular race in return. Alteraci Humans for the Horde!

I make Warcraft 3 Reforged HD custom models and I'm also an HD model reviewer.

how to keep people logged in every day. mobile gaming is the easiest way to do it.
    every free to play mobile game has this thing called expeditions. You log in, send some characters off to somewhere, they pick up some stuff and come back after 4-24 hours. And it kind of addicting although the rewards are minimal. Makes you log in. And that is their purpose.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Problem with the subsystem is that this being a multiplayer game and therefore competitive (even between PvE guilds), if you spend time doing something mundane that gives competitive advantages even if small then it can make the game worse for people that value their time and they don't like the minigame.
    It reminds me that even world first guilds complained that they had to do a lot of 5man mythics to compete with other players but in this case it's worse because I doubt the minigame is liked by more people than those that like 5mans and it's something that gives a small but clear competitive advantage.
    As with all things in this game, I think it's the players' responsibility to draw a proper distinction between optional content and mandatory content. And the notion that something is mandatory simply because it gives you a competitive advantage is nonsense. For something to be mandatory, it has to give you an exclusive competitive advantage that you can't access in another way.

The mission table isn't mandatory because all the things you get from it can be obtained through other means. Sure, getting more gold, getting more rep, getting more AP etc does give one a competitive advantage, but not because it is from the mission table. So if someone doesn't like the minigame, they can indeed comfortably ignore it and spend their valuable time focussing on other things instead.

The fundamental problem facing competitive players isn't the content that they claim they are "forced" to participate in. It's that being competitive, by it's very nature, means that you need to match the time and effort that yours competitors put into the game. This is not something mandated by the game, but by inter-player competition.

In short, I have little sympathy for "competitive" players who complain about being forced into spending hours of their precious time doing content they don't like. Because, in truth, no one is forcing them to do it except for themselves, because they want to outdo other players.

Quote Originally Posted by Narwhalosh Whalescream View Post
    Why is this?
    Because I would rather play Draenor with Garrisons, than current overtuned and overcomplicated xpacks, that are designed around artificially inflating MAUs and activity stats to keep shareholders happy, not around making game fun and rewarding.

P.S. My personal dream - to be able to use my alts as minions.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2020-10-16 at 10:04 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    just like to point out that this thread has been active for about 40 hours and the OP has yet to make a second post. this is becoming a bit of a trend, someone will make a troll thread with a bait title that is utterly false and then abandon the thread because the entire reason is to stir people up

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    Problem with the subsystem is that this being a multiplayer game and therefore competitive (even between PvE guilds), if you spend time doing something mundane that gives competitive advantages even if small then it can make the game worse for people that value their time and they don't like the minigame.
    It reminds me that even world first guilds complained that they had to do a lot of 5man mythics to compete with other players but in this case it's worse because I doubt the minigame is liked by more people than those that like 5mans and it's something that gives a small but clear competitive advantage.
    Who the fuck cares if it affects 0.5% of the playerbase. I give little shits about the woes of someone who chooses to play a videogame competitively but also cries they have to do things in the game.

i liked them in legion, when you could get bonus rolls, loot, and actual decent amount of gold from them. in bfa, they're shit. and probably will be in shadowlands too...

Wow, some people REALLY like it??

7+ Year Old Account
    talk for your self, I really enjoy the mission table, and how it has evolved.

I liked the mission table of Warloard of dranor
    Iliked the mission table of legion...
    and I really enjoyed the missing table of Battle for azeroth.

and I really really enjoy the new take on the shadowlands mission table ^^
    -

One Learns most when Teaching others!

15+ Year Old Account
    You never have to go to the Table, do it on the app.
    Free shit, cant beat it.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Why is this?
    The answer is:
    There must be atleast some content.
    Mission table is a system they can re-create really fast going from expansion to expansion.
    Why not use it?

Do you have better ideas of putting like, let's say, 5% amount of work hours (just an example) and getting a system that can be easily updated and lasts through the whole expansion?
    If yes then plz enlighten me

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Because I would rather play Draenor with Garrisons, than current overtuned and overcomplicated xpacks, that are designed around artificially inflating MAUs and activity stats to keep shareholders happy, not around making game fun and rewarding.

P.S. My personal dream - to be able to use my alts as minions.
    The same stuff you complain about, as you say to keep shareholders happy is the same stuff players enjoy. I mean I get it that some people dont understand all the ins and outs of the game, it can be complicated for some. On the same hand, if you think somethings complicated and want things simpler, it means for the rest of us we are bored senseless. If you truly enjoyed WoD Garrisons, it means you like to play solo. I made a ton of gold from Garrisons and am grateful for them, but damn they were sooooo boring. I would rather see WoW get harder not easier.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    @KrimzinOG

Why is this?
    They don't have a garrison mission table in Shadowlands ... not even a boat mission table. Just saying.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Since plenty of people have stated how it is optional so it's okay I'll provide a counter.

The biggest issue with the WoW in general for the past few expansions has been content bloat. That is there are too many features yet nothing to do because it's all boring "optional" content that people will defend with their lives because of that fact. Mission tables, expeditions, warfronts, garrisons, order halls, all of it feels sorta half-assed then forgotten about. It's exhausting.

I like it.

And to be fair, the impact has always been more or less negligible. So it's optional.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    You will eventually realize nobody takes you seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i am no weeb. i am just a connoisseur of fine waifus.

The Garrison in WoD's biggest problem was that it spat out free Mythic raid gear without ever having to step foot in a Mythic raid, and the shipyard started the horrid gold-inflation that continues through to current day.

Legion's biggest problem was that it gave so much free gold that had to start introducing the most ridiculous gold sinks to justify the amount of gold people have. I know plenty of people who didn't do anything in Legion besides level their followers then just use the mobile app to rake in millions of gold.

BfA's version offers absolutely nothing worthwhile or interesting but was still mandatory for the AP grind in early patches. If you missed a big AP mission or two you were all of a sudden multiple days behind others, and now I think is mostly ignored by the majority of players.

Shadowland's version will be much the same as BfA. It will be VERY important early on to get your Anima and Renown up, but will fade into irrelevance in later patches once the catch-up mechanics kick in. Not to mention that there's not a single person who won't just download the table mission addon and one-click it everyday to maximise its output. Making it this weird "NPC raid" thing that requires you to manage 25 different minions makes it needlessly convoluted and far less engaging.

Also; I REALLY hate this defense for it of "It's something you can do offline and get free shit for"... WHY IS THAT A GOOD THING!?

They like to keep it around in case they want to time gate something.

Honestly though, after all the dev talk recently about how much everyone at blizzard loves playing mobile games I think we should be happy they've restrained themselves so far with wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

As much as I fucking hated when they hated content behind garrisons, I don’t mind it when it’s optional. Quick question, is there still an app to do these on your phone?

Personally not a big fan of the tables, world bosses etc that reward you for just logging in, essentially devaluing the rewards they give out.