Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How do new characters get the heart of azeroth now in 9.0.1?

title says it all

with the new starter experience in exiles reach you skip the battle of lorderan and the events in silithus thereafter. so how can new characters/players get the heart of azeroth?

i know its a bit redundant with us going into shadowlands soon but the azerite essences and traits on armor are handy to have in tight situations

afaik, they don't. But im not 100% on that. It kind of wouldn't make sense for them to get one, but that does make pre patch weird.

Give yourself an azerite piece (like a BoA blue)

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    afaik, they don't. But im not 100% on that. It kind of wouldn't make sense for them to get one, but that does make pre patch weird.
    So do characters that choose to level in BFA just not get a neck piece since there are no neck drops in BFA zones/dungeons?

Note above - you get the Magni quest for the neck once you obtain an azerite piece. If you're leveling in BfA, I imagine when you get one through a story quest, you'll get the quest to visit Magni. I discovered it personally by a BoA blue (note that my character had hit max, so boa blue won't work for leveling)

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Note above - you get the Magni quest for the neck once you obtain an azerite piece. If you're leveling in BfA, I imagine when you get one through a story quest, you'll get the quest to visit Magni. I discovered it personally by a BoA blue (note that my character had hit max, so boa blue won't work for leveling)
    yeah the blizzard forums said something similar. that you dont get the heart until level 50.

that should be easy enough to manage. i'm coming down with black empire and benethic tokens on 2 of my bank alts.

so i'll find out for certain when i get one of my alts to level 50.

i just thought i should run the question past players who may have played the ptr

- - - Updated - - -

it makes sense to leave the heart until the end since you only start doing stuff with it then anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    I discovered it personally by a BoA blue (note that my character had hit max, so boa blue won't work for leveling)
    Which BoA azerite pieces are there? I didn't think there was any other than the Benthic/Black Empire gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Which BoA azerite pieces are there? I didn't think there was any other than the Benthic/Black Empire gear.
    It was the Black Empire one that I created.

Seems, however, that this was changed based on today's hotfix, so I used it and got the quest before then.

Surely they do if they level in bfa.

Get the starting quest, do the scenario or skip and going to magni is the follow up to it. That is where you get the neck. It's part of the chain.

I don't know how it works for those not leveling in BfA though. But, i do know that the pre-patch event gear has necklaces.

Seems buggy, as the game kept thinking I had the heart of Azeroth. I haven't played since WOD so I was a bit confused.

How do random battlegrounds while leveling work? One level 20 has azerite necklace and the other level 20 that chose outlands doesn't? Did blizzard remove stats/gear from leveling PVP? Otherwise this is a balance disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    Surely they do if they level in bfa.

Get the starting quest, do the scenario or skip and going to magni is the follow up to it. That is where you get the neck. It's part of the chain.

I don't know how it works for those not leveling in BfA though. But, i do know that the pre-patch event gear has necklaces.
    The quest to get the neck is gone in Pre-patch. Just unlocked BfA with a 45 and got to Boralus with no neck

Quote Originally Posted by StaeleAilar View Post
    The heart of Azeroth is still obtainable, but much like Legion artifacts, no longer necessary: You'll get the Heart acqusition quest when you obtain a piece of azerite armor

Quote Originally Posted by Ersula View Post
    The heart of Azeroth is still obtainable, but much like Legion artifacts, no longer necessary: You'll get the Heart acqusition quest when you obtain a piece of azerite armor
    That makes sense, the Magni intro is not given to you after the scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How do random battlegrounds while leveling work? One level 20 has azerite necklace and the other level 20 that chose outlands doesn't? Did blizzard remove stats/gear from leveling PVP? Otherwise this is a balance disaster.
    Blizzard has never and will never care about balance in sub level cap pvp, and they shouldn't. It would be a waste of development time to worry about for them.

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    Blizzard has never and will never care about balance in sub level cap pvp, and they shouldn't. It would be a waste of development time to worry about for them.
    I mean.. it is a pretty large advantage to have the azerite necklace yet someone that chooses to level somewhere else doesn't have access to it. Hopefully they scale it down in pvp. They bothered to change the whole leveling system, so they should at least do the job properly. (If they already did this then good on them. I just don't know yet.)

Quote Originally Posted by cordrann View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if they deactivated azerite traits in a future patch like they did with Legion legendaries.

I was able to get my rank 1 Heart of Azeroth, but there is no follow-up quest, and I'm not able to re-enter the Chamber of Heart

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you start world quests?

I leveled today 3 characters from 45 to 50 and I don't can't remember how to start them :P
    | Realm First Monk | Dragonflight Beta Tester ( ty Blizzard! ) |

Quote Originally Posted by Ogait View Post
    How do you start world quests?

I leveled today 3 characters from 45 to 50 and I don't can't remember how to start them :P
    Go-to the boat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro