Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    From what i have read, blizzards net worth is approx 20 billion, and activision would only sell it for way overpriced proposition

Even if they had the money and activision was willing to sell, why would they do that? Most of the old team is gone and so is their vision .. they'd just get a name with some more or less damaged titles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    There are thousands of companies like that. Literally. If not hundreds of thousands. There have been only one blizzard.

Think about that before you start getting high hopes for dreamhaven.
    I'm not setting my hopes up. I mean one of their companies is planning to make yet another digital card game. Not for me. I'm just saying that probably those tens of thousand companies don't have a multimillionaire starting them up. Sure many companies set out to make great games just because they want to but they can quickly run out of money or have to sell the company for some big company who then wants to focus on profits.

They'd need a couple of billion $ to do that, so not for quite a while, if ever.

They'd have to become a billion dollar company first, which either needs a lot of time or smash hit after smash hit. And even then, it'd make more sense to just recruit the people in blizzard, rather than spending god knows how much

Quote Originally Posted by pally2 View Post
    Whats the chance that Michael Morhaime, seeing error of his ways, starts his own publisher with a plan of buying out Blizzard back from Activision and making it great again?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA good joke mate.

Why would they buy Blizzard? Their reputation is like bieber music now, just mediocre music for the masses. And most of the blizzard staff is not what it used to be, their work culture has changed.

Blizzard has been the dead king for a while now, and only serves as a cashcow in perfect vision of their new masters. Old blizzard had huge resources to simply jump on a trend and polish the shit out of it. Don't think that's gonna be easy in this fast paced world right now even as the current blizzard (we all remember hots flop).

Whatever Morhaime starts on, I just hope he does something realistic with the resources he have. Ori the blind forest was awesome, doesn't need to be wow 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    There is zero chance of them being able to.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Whats the chance that Michael Morhaime, seeing error of his ways, starts his own publisher with a plan of buying out Blizzard back from Activision and making it great again?
    They can't...

So the chance of it happening is less than Zero. Believe it or not but Blizzard got "bad" well before Activison owned them and there was only about two years in the life of blizzard where they wasn't owned by someone.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Them buying blizzard is as statistically probable as me buying blizzard. Both the checks we will write has the same value...i.e NOT ENOUGH.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I don't think Morhaime's wage was millions per year, so that's very unlikely he can sink the minimum 20 billion dollars needed to buy Blizzard from Activision. Unless he's secretly Jeff Bezos cosplaying as Morhaime

Anything smaller than Disney can't afford buying Blizzard from Activision.

The whole point of Dreamhaven was to get away from a mega-sized publisher like Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Anything smaller than Disney can't afford buying Blizzard from Activision.
    I would rather see Blizzard games under Ubisoft than EA.

He wouldn't have started Dreamhaven if he was going to buy Blizzard.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbselle View Post
    Many of the old employees are at Dreamhaven. If they would theoretically buy Blizzard, it would be more or less the old.
    Does this have any basis in reality? Like is there some sort of employee list where it shows who worked at blizzard in the past?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowmatrix View Post
    Perhaps lost Vikings and Rock N Roll Racing didn't bring in enough cash to keep the company going.
    Warcraft Orcs and Humans came out a year after that

And I feel old now.

It would be good enough for me if they bought World of Warcraft out of Activision/Blizzard.

One can still dream, eh?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why buy the name and waste the money when they already have a majority of the talent? The name is worthless at this point anyways.

why buy it anyway? even if they had the money...

they could just start something new and better