Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    One of things that bothered me is the removal/redesign of the human male facial hair that was a flat texture and upper lip drama. In case you're wondering what I'm talking about the settings now are medium sideburns, horseshoe mustache and short beard that replicate it. The shape of the short beard doesn't curve upwards in the middle looking strange and the mustache doesn't cover the upper lip, which I seem to notice all the time now.

Char examples from armory, my Monk has updated but my friend hasn't. We both had the same facial hair before the pre-patch but mine has updated on the armory.
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...song/nebouskii
    https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ch...owsong/sangeia

A solution I can think of is a stubble option for sideburns (short and medium), beard and mustache that is either thin (bristles) or think (replicating the old facial hair)

Regarding other races:
    Night Elf Male vines beard is great, but why can you not have that without vines?
    I love the Garden Gnome beard, but after what was said, I can notice the low resolution texture
    Void Elves skin options are great along with the eyes, but a few non tentacle hairstyles and more colours would be nice
    Most races don't have scars, some of those that do are tied to skins (humans) and they don't stand out much. Maybe make them look more fresh/red?
    Some of the old hairstyles are starting to look old from certain angles and could do with an update to be made with a 3D model or more planes added to them

Overall there's a lot of good stuff, I really like the Troll Bone/Skull paints, Boneless Undead, Undead female (first time I've created one in years), White Worgen, Void Elf skin/eyes, Night Elves (first time male has some really cool options and doesn't look complete derp when made), Dwarven tattoos and Garden Gnomes
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Very strange thing with Paladin mog,

My Holy paladin can mog the Prot Mage Tower shield, but the Flail is not available despite me having a green mace equipped mainhand.

Seems like a bug?

Void Elves cant change their ear length, literally unplaysble

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrinx View Post
    Very strange thing with Paladin mog,

My Holy paladin can mog the Prot Mage Tower shield, but the Flail is not available despite me having a green mace equipped mainhand.

Seems like a bug?
    Look again, it's under one handed sword mogs, even though its technically a mace

10+ Year Old Account
    Overall, I'm super happy about the increased customisation, but yeah there are some things that are lacking or silly.

The lack of control over blind eyes to match them with the eye colours you want or control the side (not just eyepatch transmog but faces that have scars around the eye would make more sense if they were on the blind side and they often aren't, and you choose be able to choose the colour of the seeing eye from all options) is one example, but I'm also disappointed with what wasn't added. There should be more scar options for every race, and they shouldn't be tied to the specific faces. I also find it extraordinarily weird that humans don't have tattoo options when many other races do now. Particular faces being tied to particular skin tones is somewhat odd (not just for humans, but also for DKs, etc). I also really wish they had created more hair colours for more races since that seems like a fairly easy option to implement; it would have been nice to have a few "unnatural" hair colours on humans, for example. Some of the races, especially Nightbourne, could have benefited from a few more options in every category.

I'm happy that we got anything so I'm not about to grab the pitchfork and torch over it, I just hope down the road they expand and improve on the system further.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Look again, it's under one handed sword mogs, even though its technically a mace
    Hah that's whack. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Highlord Hanibuhl View Post
    I don't get the inconsistency of the customisation.

- Draenei, Orcs and Tauren have options that Lightforged, Mag'har and Highmountain don't have
    - Scars are only available for certain races/genders
    - Male night elves and dwarves get face tatoos, while the Zandalari and Lightforged get useless tatoos that are always covered up
    - Races like Night Elf and Human have TONS of options, while other races have nothing new..
    Stop peddling lies. Night Elves do not have more options than most races. You know, 3 skin colours is what Draenei got too. However, Draenei got 7 new hairstyles too whereas Night Elves got 4. Draenei got jewelry in hair whilst Night Elves got vines. Draenei got Tail options whilst Night Elf got ear options. Draenei got jewelry options and so did female Night Elves, males did not.

The base Night Elf had fewer options than Blood Elves, Orcs, Humans, Trolls, Undead, and Dwarves, so don't crap on one race because your fav did not get something. Just ask for more instead of making them think they made a mistake with Night Elves

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    Some of the races, especially Nightbourne, could have benefited from a few more options in every category..
    You mean especially Lightforged Draenei who have far fewer options and far fewer unique options. They get 3 shades of grey for skin colour and 3 shades of white for hair colour. The Nightbourne have far far more hair colours, styles, varied skin colours and faces. O really don't like this obvious Horde bias that persists through the community. I hear a lot of moaning from the Horde but never from the Alliance. The reason for this is because it's a game and we're used to being crapped on but as soon as a Hordie feels that way all hell breaks loose

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jellmoo View Post
    I'm mostly surprised at the disparity of options between races. It feels like Night Elves made out like bandits, with tons of really cool customization options. On the flip side, Blood Elves feel like they have next to no customization options.
    I will make a post about this but this a complete and utter lie and illusion. Blood Elves got 3 eye colours with many shades and blind options, the amount of skin colours blood elves got is unlike most races other than Humans and Void Elves.

Please, I urge you to check it out yourself without letting your bias blind you, Blood Elves had FAR more base options than Night Elves did. Even now you can see that in the face options where you have far more. Those were untouched for all races except Humans, I think. I purposely took screenshots of the old options for people like you because it's a flat out lie you're pushing and because Blizzard is Horde biased they'll cave and give Night Elves nothing

We need our Highbourne options and we need better looking faces as well. The Night Elves like Azshara are known as the most beautiful on Azeroth but in game they look a deformed cat with bad blocky texturing.
    Night Elves NEED long hair to the ground and more elegant/regal beautiful options to show their Highbourne heritage

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharnie786 View Post
    Stop peddling lies. Night Elves do not have more options than most races. You know, 3 skin colours is what Draenei got too. However, Draenei got 7 new hairstyles too whereas Night Elves got 4. Draenei got jewelry in hair whilst Night Elves got vines. Draenei got Tail options whilst Night Elf got ear options. Draenei got jewelry options and so did female Night Elves, males did not.

The base Night Elf had fewer options than Blood Elves, Orcs, Humans, Trolls, Undead, and Dwarves, so don't crap on one race because your fav did not get something. Just ask for more instead of making them think they made a mistake with Night Elves
    I you can't bother to do your research and know how to count, what point is there in arguing?

Some races just have more options than others. There's inconsistency in the available options, race/gender-wide.. and some races got A LOT of new stuff, while others didn't. That's just what it is.

You may like or dislike it, but what I stated was a fact. If you're still unsure check the patch-notes to see how many new things have been added to the customisation!

I will make a post about this but this a complete and utter lie and illusion. Blood Elves got 3 eye colours with many shades and blind options, the amount of skin colours blood elves got is unlike most races other than Humans and Void Elves.

Please, I urge you to check it out yourself without letting your bias blind you, Blood Elves had FAR more base options than Night Elves did. Even now you can see that in the face options where you have far more. Those were untouched for all races except Humans, I think. I purposely took screenshots of the old options for people like you because it's a flat out lie you're pushing and because Blizzard is Horde biased they'll cave and give Night Elves nothing

We need our Highbourne options and we need better looking faces as well. The Night Elves like Azshara are known as the most beautiful on Azeroth but in game they look a deformed cat with bad blocky texturing.
    Dude. Chill. It's just an observation. But no, I don't agree with you. I'm sorry. Blood Elves came out with some eye options and ear size. Nice and all, but compare it to the breadth of options Night Elves got. Eye options. Scar options. Tattoo options. Separate facial hair options. Vines. Blindfold. Eyebrow size.

Blood Elves have 7 areas that they can change when it comes to customization. Night Elves have 15. You can better customize a Night Elf than a Blood Elf. Point finale.

7+ Year Old Account
    I'm happy that we got anything so I'm not about to grab the pitchfork and torch over it, I just hope down the road they expand and improve on the system further.
    thats not rly the way to handle this, they are not being kind or doing something from their hearts, its literally the feature of the expansion replacing a new race or a new class, for a game that you must pay for the expansion and the subscription a lot of those options are half-asset, like literally missing skin colors that are already in the game(trolls,orcs and taurens by example) this is laziness

sure, maybe its too early for the pitchforks, but this is far less than they promised.

- - - Updated - - -

I you can't bother to do your research and know how to count, what point is there in arguing?

Some races just have more options than others. There's inconsistency in the available options, race/gender-wide.. and some races got A LOT of new stuff, while others didn't. That's just what it is.

You may like or dislike it, but what I stated was a fact. If you're still unsure check the patch-notes to see how many new things have been added to the customisation!
    elf players always think the world don't revolve around then enough.

Blood elves need to have some exclusive options since their normal skin colors got robbed

All this whining about Night Elves is funny when you consider Tauren and Orcs had just as much of a glow-up.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean especially Lightforged Draenei who have far fewer options and far fewer unique options. They get 3 shades of grey for skin colour and 3 shades of white for hair colour. The Nightbourne have far far more hair colours, styles, varied skin colours and faces. O really don't like this obvious Horde bias that persists through the community. I hear a lot of moaning from the Horde but never from the Alliance. The reason for this is because it's a game and we're used to being crapped on but as soon as a Hordie feels that way all hell breaks loose
    This isn't Horde bias? Half my post was talking about human customisation, and I specifically phrased that sentence as "some races" as getting sadly few options which is inclusive of applying to multiple races. Nightbourne just came to my mind first because unlike Lightforged Draenei (which do have a sad limitation of options as well), most of the few options are also unappealing. My Lightforged Draenei at least look cool. I don't feel that way about Nightbourne, so they were a race I felt was most in need of expanded options.

I play both factions, and idgaf about faction bias or pride.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    thats not rly the way to handle this, they are not being kind or doing something from their hearts, its literally the feature of the expansion replacing a new race or a new class, for a game that you must pay for the expansion and the subscription a lot of those options are half-asset, like literally missing skin colors that are already in the game(trolls,orcs and taurens by example) this is laziness

sure, maybe its too early for the pitchforks, but this is far less than they promised.
    I didn't say they were "doing something kind from their hearts" I said that I'm happy we got anything at all added to the system that needed it, and I'm not inclined to look a gift horse in the mouth to demand more. But I really am hoping they expand the options later so the system is more robust for all races, because a lot of races need it and all deserve it.

I don't recall them actively promising more than a general expansion of customisation options and more diverse humans specifically, and on that they delivered, so I don't really think there is any grounds to say this is "less than they promised." Blizzard is infamous for making vague, wishywashy statements specifically because they are desperately trying to avoid anything that sounds like a promise, and this shit was no exception. Maybe I missed some dialogue on it, but based on what they showed at Blizzcon and previews, what we got met what they showcased. It's the bare minimum, but still.

Also, I think you should check on those races again, because none of them appear to be missing old skin colours on my end.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2020-10-16 at 06:08 PM.

| twitch | bsky
    |

- Draenei, Orcs and Tauren have options that Lightforged, Mag'har and Highmountain don't have
    - Male night elves and dwarves get face tatoos, while the Zandalari and Lightforged get useless tatoos that are always covered up
    - Races like Night Elf and Human have TONS of options, while other races have nothing new..
    You won't see any updates for the Allied Races (except for the olive branch that is High Elf Void Elves) because the whole point of this update is to get people to pay for race changes back to the core races. Once everyone has settled in, they'll go back and make the Allied Races unequivocally cooler than the core races again. Considering the amount of work that goes into these, and the amount of money that it raises (half the price of a new expansion for an xfer) it's way too good of a cash cow.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    You won't see any updates for the Allied Races (except for the olive branch that is High Elf Void Elves) because the whole point of this update is to get people to pay for race changes back to the core races. Once everyone has settled in, they'll go back and make the Allied Races unequivocally cooler than the core races again. Considering the amount of work that goes into these, and the amount of money that it raises (half the price of a new expansion for an xfer) it's way too good of a cash cow.
    They'd have to come up with some pretty incredible stuff for me to switch away from my femNelf.

- - - Updated - - -

elf players always think the world don't revolve around then enough.

Blood elves need to have some exclusive options since their normal skin colors got robbed
    They have completely different sets of hair styles ans hair color. They're the same race, they deserve the same ears.

7+ Year Old Account
    I didn't say they were "doing something kind from their hearts" I said that I'm happy we got anything at all added to the system that needed it, and I'm not inclined to look a gift horse in the mouth to demand more. But I really am hoping they expand the options later so the system is more robust for all races, because a lot of races need it and all deserve it.
    the point is that isn't a gift, that should be the expansion feature, it was supposed to be something major in the expansion, and yet most of the options are half-asset

I don't recall them actively promising more than a general expansion of customisation options and more diverse humans specifically, and on that they delivered, so I don't really think there is any grounds to say this is "less than they promised."
    they promised a completely overall of the customizations, but getting some 3 new options for skin color and hair is not rly a decent customization, If everyone at least get the same amount of options as humans at least

Also, I think you should check on those races again, because none of them appear to be missing old skin colours on my end.
    Taurens don't have the grimtotem tattoos, despite being in the game for years
    Trolls don't have the forest and ice troll color, despite being in the game for years
    Orcs don't have the dragonmaw, fel and blackrock orc option, despite being in the game for years

Seems like all the budget was used to give humans and elves more options

They have completely different sets of hair styles ans hair color. They're the same race, they deserve the same ears.
    1 - "completely different sets of hair style and hair color" is not an relevant thing
    2 - they are not the sme race
    3 - VE still have their void elf skin colors, that blood elves don't have.

From all the hype I was expecting a lot more TBH. Very let down by it. I mean its better then what it was but its far and away still worse then other games

- - - Updated - - -

And still no option for the DK voice

- - - Updated - - -

Overall, I'm super happy about the increased customisation, but yeah there are some things that are lacking or silly.

The lack of control over blind eyes to match them with the eye colours you want or control the side (not just eyepatch transmog but faces that have scars around the eye would make more sense if they were on the blind side and they often aren't, and you choose be able to choose the colour of the seeing eye from all options) is one example, but I'm also disappointed with what wasn't added. There should be more scar options for every race, and they shouldn't be tied to the specific faces. I also find it extraordinarily weird that humans don't have tattoo options when many other races do now. Particular faces being tied to particular skin tones is somewhat odd (not just for humans, but also for DKs, etc). I also really wish they had created more hair colours for more races since that seems like a fairly easy option to implement; it would have been nice to have a few "unnatural" hair colours on humans, for example. Some of the races, especially Nightbourne, could have benefited from a few more options in every category.

Wish there was more body type customization
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

I want an old thing fixed. Namely, how eyepatches are fitted on male and female orcs/Mag'har.

The patch sits in front of the eye, quite visibly, rather than covering it.

Also, make all races get the same amount of options as others. And more, better looking hairstyles across the board, thanks.

Trolls.
    Still.
    Need.
    Beards.

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Mag'har get more options (ported over from regular Orcs) than Void Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    the point is that isn't a gift, that should be the expansion feature, it was supposed to be something major in the expansion, and yet most of the options are half-asset
    It's an idiom, I'm not calling it literally a gift, like it is some kind of generous present.

I don't disagree with you that the options are short of what they should be -- that was the whole point of my post -- I just disagree that Blizzard promised more than we got. We got exactly what Blizzard promised, which was not very much.

Taurens don't have the grimtotem tattoos, despite being in the game for years
    Trolls don't have the forest and ice troll color, despite being in the game for years
    Orcs don't have the dragonmaw, fel and blackrock orc option, despite being in the game for years
    Ah, sorry, I misunderstood you. I thought you were saying that those races lost existing customisation options, not that they missed an opportunity to make use of existing colours that currently are used by NPCs.

| twitch | bsky
    |