Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Running a Holy Pally through BfA, it's taken me 16.5 hours so far to reach 48. I've run but probably not completed quite a few dungeons as well. Finishing out the last stretch ret though, can't stand healing dungeons right now. Everyone's just being stupid.

Edit: All together 18 hours and 2 and half zones of BfA. I skipped all the side quests just to finish the story missions to unlock Kul Tirans.
    Last edited by blankfaced; 2020-10-18 at 10:34 AM.
    I'm a thread killer.

10+ Year Old Account
    I started at level 10 after the patch, but went 10-50 in Outland, took me about 17 1/2 hrs but alot of that was AFK time as i have a construction project going on in my home ands when things go crash, i go look. i only used 2 of the rested XP pots cause who gives a crap about that now that it doesn't give a % increase to XP. I went thru Hellfire Penn., Zangarmarsh, Terrokar Forest, Blade's Edge, Netherstorm and finished in Shadowmoon Valley early (like maybe 20 quests into SM storyline). That's all i got for you, hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by blankfaced View Post
    can't stand healing dungeons right now. Everyone's just being stupid.
    Yeah, everyone seems to be going through the "oh, I can't pull like last week anymore" phase right now, it can be... aggravating after a while.

I've been leveling a priest through bfa. So far it's like this:
    10-30: 1 island expedition per level
    30-40: 2 island expeditions per level
    Probably 3 per level near 50, but I still feel like it's fine. Btw, focus on killing stuff instead of looting, no XP from looting.

Also, the legion assaults and bfa invasions give a full level each at least. If you can get a couple 50's to boost you, you can probably level 10-50 in a morning.

Just finished a paladin from 10-50 started in boralus, then around 30 went over to draenor to start working on the garrison. took about 20 hours or so. I mainly quested, but did a single bg, and a single dungeon.

Echoing what others have said, WoD is absolutely the play.(rogue playing with a boomy) Went 1-27 in vanilla cause i felt like doing some STV before swapping to WoD, and took about 9 hours total despite the STV sidetrack. Money was great too

I've gone from level 27 to level 41 on one toon and I am still not out of Shadowmoon Valley yet.

Stuck at 10lvl, because no quest to boralus at all

I'm not doing any expansion. I'm going pure island expeditions. It seems the best option by FAR because not only do you level from 1-50 but you might get mounts and toys and mogs to drop and you can buy them with dubloons.

I did a bunch of dungeons I'm about to cap my second 50. I will say I'm giving a piece of advice to everybody if you're playing a strength user get crusader enchant it's completely broken. it gives you 100 flat strength for 15 seconds and it procs all the damn time and if you're a dual wielding strength user you can get a double proc. this also includes Frost death Knights and it's better than all of their enchants combined until after level 50 as 15% increase strength is not better than 200 flat until level 50 not even close. So basically death knight Paladin and Warrior are monsters with that enchant.

Quote Originally Posted by Marxman View Post
    I leveled a Rogue with a friend playing a healer. Did mostly Vanilla dungeons, with some TBC/WotLK/MoP dungeons. Took us about 16 hours played 10-50.

Dungeons are really fast starting out because you melt mobs at low levels (<25) but the scaling is very out of whack as you get higher level. I'd estimate dungeons took 2-3 times longer by level 40, and it was slow as shit from 40-50. I would not recommend leveling entirely through dungeons right now. Even if you get quests for 2/3 of the dungeons you do, it doesn't make up for how bad the mob kill XP is inside dungeons. You're basically getting under 5% of a level from the dungeon aside from the end bonus and whatever quests you complete.

There were also a few buggy dungeons and things that weren't scaled properly, like BRC and Gundrak. That probably cost us ~90 mins just in those 2 dungeons.
    Levelled up a mechagnome priest purely through dungeons and I mostly agree with this assessment. Total number of dungeons i did was 43 and total played time was 16 hours (with about 40 mins of afking and probably another 20 minutes of messing about).

Last 10 levels definitely felt like a slog due to the fact you dip below 1 level per dungeon. I wouldn't say things got harder at high level though, quite the opposite as a healer since you have more tools to deal with oh shit situations (which can and frequently does happen).

Dungeons start to lose ground after 20ish for me, Wod at the moment it's just a blast and i don't see any expansion been faster, once you hit gorgrond is a game changer, silverpine forest+some dungeons+wod was really fast for me

~5-6 hours 1-30 on a protadin in BFA content. With flying, I expect 30-50 to be a bit shorter.
    Whaleshark /spits on your science.

Did 1-50 using Exiles Reach/WoD

Completed all zones bar Spires of Arak

Took me about 12 hours

(Seemed to slow down a bit after 40)

First character took 7hours and 42 minutes played, I went exiles reach -> WoD -> Legion
    Second character took 3 hours and 58 minutes from 10-50, boosted through Freehold, it's crazy fast if you can get someone to boost you.
    It could reasonably be cut down to 3 hours or so with 10% xp pots and better play.

Quote Originally Posted by oldgeezer View Post
    Are the Legion invasions still giving insane amounts of XP?
    Sadly no. The Legion Assault world quests give the same xp as any other quest unless the secondary reward is more xp. In that case the world quest is worth about 3 quests worth of xp. If the world quests are mostly resources or wakening essence as secondary rewards, they are hardly worth doing unless its one of the really quick ones.

10+ Year Old Account
    my Warrior was at 100 before Prepatch, dropped to 40, but i seem to be stuck not able to start any of the BFA Quests. started a new 10 Mechagnome and was able to pick up in BFA right away.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    About 10 hours, BFA.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I did a bunch of dungeons I'm about to cap my second 50. I will say I'm giving a piece of advice to everybody if you're playing a strength user get crusader enchant it's completely broken. it gives you 100 flat strength for 15 seconds and it procs all the damn time and if you're a dual wielding strength user you can get a double proc. this also includes Frost death Knights and it's better than all of their enchants combined until after level 50 as 15% increase strength is not better than 200 flat until level 50 not even close. So basically death knight Paladin and Warrior are monsters with that enchant.
    Crusader scales like all other enchants. Its 17 Strength at lvl 10. Which is still more than 5% (lvl 10 str is around 60)

Nvm the tooltip is incorrect it does 100 str
    Last edited by doodle90; 2020-10-18 at 03:38 AM.

I guess my expectations of this process was skewed. I was under the impression the leveling would be scaled in such a way that you would have to do an ENTIRE expacs worth of story leveling quests to go from 10-50. So if you chose Cata, you'd start in Hyjal at 10, hit 50 ending with Twilight Highlands. Mists, start in Jade Forest, end in Dread Wastes, etc.

Yet, I'm not even done with FFR in WoD and I'm already 30, so I don't expect to even make it to Talador. How did this pass QA? Or was it only intended that BFA gets you from 10-50 from all the story quests (assuming it does)?
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2020-10-18 at 04:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    I guess my expectations of this process was skewed. I was under the impression you would the leveling would be scaled in such a way that you would have to do an ENTIRE expacs worth of story leveling quests to go from 10-50. So if you chose Cata, you'd start in Hyjal at 10, hit 50 ending with Twilight Highlands. Mists, start in Jade Forest, end in Dread Wastes, etc.
    I'm wondering the same.

Had an existing alt at 14 when I talked to Chromie and went to Outlands. Quite a hoot to exit the Dark Portal and see the Pit Lord as a 15 Elite!!

Got from 14 to 29 in Hellfire just by questing, and dinged 30 after the first few quests in Zanga... and now I can fly for the rest of Outlands???

And I only have 20 more levels to go. I'll hit 50 well before the end of Outlands.

Off topic: Haven't played a Warlock (Aff) in a long time, and I'm leveling as a Void Elf. I gotta say the racial for damage not interrupting spell casting (Preternatural Calm) is greater while leveling.

- - - Updated - - -

Crusader enchant it is. Thanks for the tip. (this was directed at Unholyground)
    Last edited by Yseraboy; 2020-10-18 at 04:29 AM.
    I take some solace in the fact that even though my snarky reply to someone's condescending rhetorical question earned me a 1-week ban, my post was not deleted. I was rather proud of that bit of snark, and I am glad it lives on.