Thread: ques in classic

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ques in classic

https://ibb.co/Pz4wp7X
    Will blizzard ever do anything about classic ques?

I mean... they did. But the classic player base don't want layering. What else do you want? New servers so 1 month after each content patch all of them are empty and 40 man raids die? Be patient for a few weeks.

This isn't a Classic queue problem, this is login server problem. This is due to Shadowlands pre-patch in Retail. I'm assuming you're in the EU, OP.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    This isn't a Classic queue problem, this is login server problem. This is due to Shadowlands pre-patch in Retail. I'm assuming you're in the EU, OP.
    its an issue every wednesday.

Blizzard did something: They made enough servers and warned people about playing on a full server. Not their fault people don't listen to them. They even were so generous to offer free transfers off a full server. There's really nothing more they can do.
    Except of course implement changes and allow cross server interaction. But that wouldn't be classic now, would it?

The solution was just having layers but have all nodes shared across them, problem solved. All they would have to do is phase players in going for the same node within a certain radius until it is gathered then they go back to their layer. It really was not that complicated of a solution to just have a gathering layer you pop in and out of based on your proximity to a node.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    lol no theyre complety seperate, i think what u mean is the battle net ques not the actul server ques

yesterday eu battle net ques were fked but classic servers normally have ques at peak times, the full servers

10+ Year Old Account
    There's only so much Blizzard can do. They open transfers: nobody uses it. They can't force people to transfer. Layering was never meant to be a permanent solution.

People want to play on the highest server because anything below high is "dead realm lol" and get angered when faced with a que. It is up to the players.

Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    Blizzard did something: They made enough servers and warned people about playing on a full server. Not their fault people don't listen to them. They even were so generous to offer free transfers off a full server. There's really nothing more they can do.
    Except of course implement changes and allow cross server interaction. But that wouldn't be classic now, would it?
    The server aint even full its high but not full. There is a so many changes anyway so it does not matter.

Those are the same auth-server issues like yesterday (login servers are full), so are affecting not only WoW retail players but also those from all other games on the EU launcher.
    Doesn't matter whether you are on high or low pop server, you can't even get there, you just end up in the loop: you are numer XX in the queue and once you made it to the login screen you get disconnected and so on. All was fine in the morning and early afternoon (as people were at work/school etc) but as soon as more people started getting into the game the issues came back (it was exactly the same yesterday).

Quote Originally Posted by Thundering View Post
    The server aint even full its high but not full. There is a so many changes anyway so it does not matter.
    Ah yes, the Classic "only changes I like" approach.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    no more like: They have done so many changes i dont like or care about, so now i just dont care anymore.

10+ Year Old Account

Nothing to do, as ques do not exist.

Queues, however, good question. Not sure what can be done.

15+ Year Old Account

You get to pick 1, queues, layering or unplayable laggy servers.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    You get to pick 1, queues, layering or unplayable laggy servers.
    since we had layering since day 1 i dont see why not continue with it.

Tip: If you pull head out of ass you'll see that it states LOGIN SERVERS, which is pretty much caused by the surge of players trying on the retail pre-patch.
    Has nothing to do with classic servers in particular, except that they share the login server.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    Tip: If you pull head out of ass you'll see that it states LOGIN SERVERS, which is pretty much caused by the surge of players trying on the retail pre-patch.
    Has nothing to do with classic servers in particular, except that they share the login server.
    You really dont know a que into a classic server is not uncommon it happens every week and very often.

You really dont know a que into a classic server is not uncommon it happens every week and very often.
    Maybe but did you bother to open his screenshot?

Quote Originally Posted by letssee View Post
    lol no theyre complety seperate, i think what u mean is the battle net ques not the actul server ques

yesterday eu battle net ques were fked but classic servers normally have ques at peak times, the full servers

Looks like you failed (like others on this thread), to actually look at the screenshot, and see that the issue the OP is talking about is a login server queue. The login servers Classic uses are the same authentication servers Retail uses.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    #JustMyChanges