Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastiel View Post
    argus was garbage but the return to real class fantasy was great. class halls were great and i wish were a static thing. artifacts and pseudo talent trees were amazing. World quests were still new enough to be interesting. There was room to believe the Sylvanas as warchief angle could actually go somewhere interesting.

It was a great expansion, and not just in retrospect as some others are. I remember actively playing it and thinking to myself, "wow, this is great, i actually feel invested in the game for the first time in a while"
    Agreed. Fun factor glossed over a lot of the flaws with Legion's systems but Argus and its terrain layouts were beyond atrocious and could have benefited from better fleshing out and more polish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Quote Originally Posted by Aggressive View Post

To be honest it is hard to see what exactly the gamers want in this game. Honestly I think people want to the game to return to that boring state of classic WoW.
    my two cents so far what I learned from this forum:

wow players? they want an expansion full of new mounts and cool Transmogs and races and pets, but it shouldn't take more than 2 weeks to take all the 10k items in it and finish the patch because it burns out the player and they leave the game if it takes too long, but also it should have enough things for them to get for at least 6 months each patch .

and the new systems, they should be competitive but it shouldn't reward something because then it becomes a daily chore, then again it should reward something because why would I bother doing it if it gives nothing right? and it shouldn't be mount as well, because for those who cant do it its not fair and its P2W because they didn't pay to get boosted and for those who can do it they dont care about the mount anyway.

they want choices that are meaningful, but a choice that can be changed 10 times a week at least, I mean what happens if the only guild who does world first use the other choice and they are left out of their guilds who are doing second boss in Heroic 4 months after release ?
    players want their classes to have themes, but when blizzard focuses on classes specs they hate it because the theme becomes too specific. also things that I dislike should be removed from the game even if they are completely optional and I can avoid it without any problem, but you know I cant because I have the will power of a mana junkie nightborn.

and for the last point of what is the players demand may I present: the whole content of the last the other pack because we were too blinded by the few negative things in it and spending most of our time in forums nagging about it to appreciate the good things in the current expansion pack.

that's my take on what wow players want so far.
    Last edited by LuminaL; 2020-10-16 at 01:22 AM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's late so I won't do a massive post but yeah, it was the best expansion they've done. It felt really unique and cool to get artifacts, class halls and the campaigns, how diverse it felt playing different classes almost like a fresh game. Suramar, Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras, Antorus, any of that considered bad? Emerald Nightmare was decent and Trial of Valor was okay. It added World Quests, watered down missions that were still fun and also required you to do content to get the raid/dungeon rewards. The Transmog and hunting for Artifact hidden appearences as well as unlocking them was great fun.

BFA was a massive step down thematically and gameplay wise. Azerite wasn't satisfying, Essences were annoying to unlock, Corruption kek, Echoes of Nyalotha/Cloak kill me. 2 Campaigns to Legions 12. Less sets by a mile and most of them terrible. Must have been sad maining a Mail wearer in BFA because I've seen such garbage besides Warfronts/PVP Season 1 and possibly 2.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

15+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard's retail team seems to miss the mark with talent trees. In an MMO, its nice seeing laid out in front of you the power progression of your character. Even if its just filler talents that say "Increase healing done by 1%." It's still a tangible (in the case of an online mmo) power growth that players feel when they themselves put that point into that tree.

All in all it was the Michael Bay of WoW expansions. Lots of action and things going on, a cool premise, but fairly hollow once you look past all the explosions. As long as you turn your brain off and don't think about how dumb it all is then it's fine.

Honorable mention to BfA being the Shyamalan of WoW expansions. Promising something cool and in the end delivering a dud with a super lame "twist" that leaves you feeling like you just wasted the last x hours of your life.

I unfortunately didn’t get to play legion. I took a break through it’s whole timeline, but I can tell when I played it that it still didn’t have the impact original burning crusade did on me. TBC had a feeling of being in a twisted hell, and I like that feeling. Hopefully we get it with shadowlands. I think we may.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazmalak View Post
    All in all it was the Michael Bay of WoW expansions. Lots of action and things going on, a cool premise, but fairly hollow once you look past all the explosions. As long as you turn your brain off and don't think about how dumb it all is then it's fine.

Honorable mention to BfA being the Shyamalan of WoW expansions. Promising something cool and in the end delivering a dud with a super lame "twist" that leaves you feeling like you just wasted the last x hours of your life.
    I can't even work out what happened in BfA if I'm honest, the story is all over the fucking place. There was a war, Alliance were winning, Teldrassil got burned down, some Zandalari showed up, and suddenly we're fighting Old Gods. I don't feel any of the plot threads really had any kind of conclusion other than N'Zoth, even there I'm not entirely sure. Oh and Calia Menethil made a brief random cameo for some reason I still have no idea about.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2020-10-16 at 10:29 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Claymore View Post

Which... maybe, BFA really fucked up on cosmetic rewards. This is the first and only expansion in the game where there isn't even a SINGLE cool-looking armor set or even weapon. Abandoning the notion of Class Armor -- even if it was made purely cosmetic unlocks -- was foolish, and I think we'll see BFA as the one expansion nobody ever runs anything from.
    I definitely agree with you on this. Legion introduced so many good elements such as heightening class fantasy and really highlighting what separates different class lore apart, making it exciting to explore each setting. Then BFA comes and does away with all this (no more class hall, specific class quests or even class tier sets). Whomever was in charge of BFAs design decisions should be relieved of his position.
    “Whatever malice you carry I can match with seething fury.” ─ Nokonda
    ____________________________________________________________________________________

For me Legion simplified the characters too much and made time gating really blatant. Felt like there was so much "Come back in few weeks to see the next part".
    The Artifact quests and Fishing artifact were awesome though. Theme, story and zones did feel really cool. Suramar with all the magic flowing around felt good.

Gameplay and power progression wise MoP is still the number one for me though. So many toys to gather that helped you now and then, so many daily hubs to do on your own pace, most complex characters so far, time before Garrison and insane gold inflation.

Story wise yea it was pretty cool. The legion itself was a let down -was there even a point in Legion that they were winning? Or even seemed like a tough foe? lol, no. Class halls were definitely cool, the mage tower was fun. I liked the artifact weapons but hated legiondaires. Definitely not the worst xpac, but I must say it is close to the best (I still like WotLK better).

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    If you were a collector, Legion was the absolute worst expansion ever... causing extreme burn out doing WQs endlessly to get them Paragon Cache mounts.
    I would say having to farm LK mount is worse. Imo. Fuck ICC

Legion was top 3 exp for me,but on the critic side of legion i think why it was good is that blizzard just took everything that they canceled ideas from emerald dream,halls of valor and the canceled mop legenday weapons and finishing the legion story with backing up with ilidan.Even if it had flaws with loot drops it still was a great expack.

Quote Originally Posted by erifwodahs View Post
    I would say having to farm LK mount is worse. Imo. Fuck ICC
    Ironically doing this (in Legion) I had one of my most "fun" moments in WoW ever. It was when on a random farm trip to ICC on DK after I finish the Prof that I found the hole leading to the DK artifact/appearance. I had never read anything about how you get it, so I was surprised that I found a hole to a new area in ICC I never noticed before. Once I finished that little bit of content, I realized what it was - but finding it by accident was awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I can't even work out what happened in BfA if I'm honest, the story is all over the fucking place. There was a war, Alliance were winning, Teldrassil got burned down, some Zandalari showed up, and suddenly we're fighting Old Gods. I don't feel any of the plot threads really had any kind of conclusion other than N'Zoth, even there I'm not entirely sure. Oh and Calia Menethil made a brief random cameo for some reason I still have no idea about.

I agree with you on that. BFA was like a badly written Soap Opera. It was all over the place. Part of the reason why I hated it so much. No sure what was worse; The story being so bad, the corruptions, or the azerite gear. BFA is the worst expansion ever in my book.
    Be careful who you chat it up with here on these forums. If you are NOT for WoW and about WoW, people will report whatever you say and get you banned

5+ Year Old Account
    I miss my fists of fury stun and healing elixir (two charges) /cry

Edit: And Strike of the Windlord.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    After the garbage that was WoD, they pretty much had to go all in with Legion. It is therefore not a surprise that Legion's storyline was so grand and climactic, involving major villains like Gul'dan, Kil'jaeden, and Sargeras himself, as well as a Titan of Death, and important lore revelations like the true power of the Void (which you saw in Mac'aree)..
    i agree. i alwasy felt like they did legion to see if they could get players back into wow. if not, then they could say "welp at least we told the whole story" because the burning legion and sargaras, the big baddies we have been hearing about since vanilla, were defeated. i also think thats why BFA is such a poorly recieved xpac, because they had no ideas anymore. the story was told, nothing to do anymore. N'zoth feels like a last minute effort to safe BFA

The leveling was terrible so I couldn't get to the bad stuff. I think it's impossible to get to great things there

Yep, and as sad it is to admit, WoW will never have a high point as Legion again. Mythic+ added, artifact weapon, proper character progression, class halls, peak of the Burning Legion story, Suramar, Mage Tower with more.

It was a last resort for blizzard. Legion had to perform and so they tossed everything they had into it and they delivered. Miss it immensely, and I find myself going into Legion content so often and every time there are a lot of players around.

Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Yep, and as sad it is to admit, WoW will never have a high point as Legion again. Mythic+ added, artifact weapon, proper character progression, class halls, peak of the Burning Legion story, Suramar, Mage Tower with more.

It was a last resort for blizzard. Legion had to perform and so they tossed everything they had into it and they delivered. Miss it immensely, and I find myself going into Legion content so often and every time there are a lot of players around.
    Glad theirs never gonna be a so called highpoint like legion, theirs no other expansion created that drifted so far away from what a good game WoW was.

Class halls were underwhelming.
    Mage tower was a mess
    Character progression? Lol
    Suramar looked good, thats about it.
    Legion story was sloppy.

The nighthold raid was an absolute masterpiece. Thats the peak legion made, other then that wtf did it realy do?
    Last edited by Packmule; 2020-10-16 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Packmule View Post
    Glad theirs never gonna be a so called highpoint like legion, theirs no other expansion created that drifted so far away from what a good game WoW was.

Class halls were underwhelming.
    Mage tower was a mess
    Character progression? Lol
    Suramar looked good, thats about it.
    Legion story was sloppy.

The nighthold raid was an absolute masterpiece. Thats the peak legion made, other then that wtf did it realy do?
    That's your opinion. For a lot of people, including my own bubble of friends Legion was great. It's not that your opinion invalidates mine or vice versa.