Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Shadowlands Leveling Speed Changes and Chromie Time Disabled XP Option

Shadowlands Leveling Speed Changes
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Correct.

As we work through issues that are making leveling through Ardenweald and Revendreth slower than intended, we’ve seen some Beta testers reach a point where they have to spend extra time finding XP in order to complete the Revendreth campaign.

We’re creating a more comprehensive fix, and that’s going to take a few days, but in the meantime, this is a Beta hotfix that boosts quest experience in Ardenweald and Revendreth, so that testers can have a smoother leveling experience in the meantime.

Shadowlands - Chromie Time Disabled XP Option
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    I just want to confirm that an intentional fix was made a couple of days ago to allow experience gains to be disabled while in Timewalking Campaigns.

Overwolf and Addon Manager Scraping
    Overwolf posted a blog post about third party addon managers scraping them and their stance.
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    From 2013 until today, our focus was to build a framework for in-game creators. We’ve been fortunate to have some success in that, with many creators making a living by building gaming apps. Read more here, or here. As a framework for in-game creators, we felt like the natural next step for us will be to support mod authors. Recently, Twitch chose us as the new home for CurseForge, and we were honored and excited to get things rolling.

We know that CurseForge has been scraped forever and the team at Twitch has been fighting it and sending C&D letters back and forth. So, why is this a problem?

Putting aside the legal jibber jabber, when you scrape you:

• Distribute the authors’ intellectual property without their consent
    • Prevent us from tracking engagement, and therefore you impact authors’ earnings
    • There’s a full team working on building and maintaining the CurseForge backend, support, file moderation etc., and you’re using this (and our bandwidth) without consent and against terms of service.

What’s Next?
    We’re open to conversation, with any mod manager that can address the fundamental issues above. Please shoot it out to curseforge@overwolf.com. Otherwise, we’re excited to finally release the first build of CurseForge to the public on October 20th, and prepare to fully take control in mid November. Help us shape the future of CurseForge together! You’re invited to check out the beta and share your thoughts with us here.
    Last edited by chaud; 2020-10-10 at 02:26 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    really not looking forward to yet another disappointing addon manager.

Wut? People are still bothering to level through Shadowlands?

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Wut? People are still bothering to level through Shadowlands?
    That's how testing works, yes. Welcome to the beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is great! Hopefully they'll make a fix so you don't get autokicked from Chromie Time at 50; it's going to feel awkward to xp-lock at 49 to do all the storylines and then unlock and go back to finish hitting 50.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

Overwolf can go screw themselves and their shitty AddOn manager. I won't EVER touch it.

10+ Year Old Account
    These Overwolf guys sound so scummy and not to mention completely out of their element. I miss the old Curse. I was mad about Twitch but even that seems leagues better than what's coming.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFuse View Post
    That's how testing works, yes. Welcome to the beta.
    Must be the fresh waves. No one that's been in the beta for a while can be fucked to even log in anymore, let alone actually level.

Must be the fresh waves. No one that's been in the beta for a while can be fucked to even log in anymore, let alone actually level.
    There’s people who max every single reputation in the game just because. I’m sure there’s people out there who love doing things like testing just to test

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    really not looking forward to yet another disappointing addon manager.
    This will be much more than that tho. It might mean the death of free wow addons. If overwolf bans all other clients from using curse, limit download speed and say 1 addon per hour download unless you pay a hefty premium sum. Then what ? we start using wowinterface ? what if overwolf buys them aswell ?

I hope blizzard will intervene here and stop overwolf from being allowed to monetize addons

Oh I didn't realize you knew the personal thoughts of everyone that's been in the beta. Are you even self aware enough to understand how stupid your post is? Like do you actually have that level of brain function? I am just baffled when I see people actually make statements like this.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine most people who got beta access months back are taking a rest so they can start fresh when the pre-patch goes live. I predict a sharp rise in the number of alts being leveled during the wait for Shadowland's launch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    This will be much more than that tho. It might mean the death of free wow addons. If overwolf bans all other clients from using curse, limit download speed and say 1 addon per hour download unless you pay a hefty premium sum. Then what ? we start using wowinterface ? what if overwolf buys them aswell ?

I hope blizzard will intervene here and stop overwolf from being allowed to monetize addons
    sounds like we would be back at the initial curse client. fuck that bullshit lmaoooooooo

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post

Overwolf tries this and Blizzard sues them in to oblivion.

Srsly if Overwolf forces people to use their addon to download curse forge addons, I'll transition all my UI to things not hosted there and continue to use Cursebreaker. im sorry, im not downloading some adware riddled piece of crap so you can show me a bunch of garbage im not interested in and remind me about how much better my experience could be if i paid you rather than you just providing the same level of service that dudes working solo in their basement can put out.

They have had at least 2 massive waves recently.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think overwolf is having a too high esteem of itself, scraping at a non spammy rate is perfectly fine (and it's the hoster's job to filter the query abuses) and if that reduces its income too bad, that means they have a terrible strategy to begin with
    I'll avoid their app with certainty following their message and I advise everyone to do the same, to begin with blizzard doesn't like addons author making money out of their stuff, and if I want to give money to an author I want to do it directly, without overwolf, again who do they thought they were
    no one needs them and the community can create addons, host them and distribute them just fine

they wouldn't get hate if they didn't made those kinds of messages, of course they will go nowhere acting like this
    Last edited by Cæli; 2020-10-10 at 03:27 AM.

A couple months back the leveling was perfect in terms of how you gained Xp. Then Blizzard did what they always do and tried to dramatically stretch it out and totally screwed it up. Thus making even more work for themselves when they didn't have too.

Ah yes. The Wonderful managers of Curse and Overwolf, working to screw over the little guys like any good corporate dog does.

Remember when Curse bought this site and everyone's favorite previous owner Boub joked about people were gonna say how bad they were? I do.

A literal propaganda article about scraping that makes it seem like piracy when in reality its no different than me embedding an image or video in this post. Bet your bottom I will continue to not use Curse Forge or Overwolf. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zonnis View Post
    Oh I didn't realize you knew the personal thoughts of everyone that's been in the beta. Are you even self aware enough to understand how stupid your post is? Like do you actually have that level of brain function? I am just baffled when I see people actually make statements like this.
    Anecdotally, yes, everyone I know who has beta access does not log on. Even those that got access 3 weeks ago. It is in a terrible state

Even then, almost everyone makes a level 60 template character. I don't think I've run into anyone under 60 since they reactivated the template characters in late August...

So then yes, I would imagine the pool of players actually doing levelling content on the beta to be incredibly small. Most people go on to test their new abilities and see which class they want to play. They can't do that without being level 60, so most just skip it all....

Think before you post dumb shit

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mosha View Post
    There’s people who max every single reputation in the game just because. I’m sure there’s people out there who love doing things like testing just to test
    The last time I remember anyone doing levelling testing on the beta was when they were forced to..

Template characters are a thing