World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Music - Through the Roof of the World

World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Music - Through the Roof of the World
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    With the release of the Shadowlands pre-expansion patch, we’ve unleashed a new composition of the main title, “Through the Roof of the World,” which takes you on an auditory journey through Azeroth and beyond the veil.

Composed by: Glenn Stafford, Neal Acree, David Arkenstone, Grant Kirkhope, Jake Lefkowitz and includes classic World of Warcraft themes by Jason Hayes.

Music Director: Derek Duke
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-10-15 at 05:53 PM.

Isn't this a bit late?

Love the music at Exiles Reach. So much nostalgia feels.

Get that music up here too!
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2020-10-15 at 06:06 PM.

Wait, Grant Kirkhope makes music for WoW now? That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Of GoldenEye 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark fame.

I like it, it's very delicate at start(just enough to let me log on my chars).
    Last edited by Eazy; 2020-10-15 at 06:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KSM899 View Post
    Isn't this a bit late?
    Nah it is 7 pm here it's fine

I was there...three thousand years ago.

I'll give them some points for the music. Just sticking to what actually worked and making sure there is a lot of chorus to go with the orchestra.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Love the music at Exiles Reach. So much nostalgia feels.

Get that music up here too!
    Was leveling a horde character, and its a remix of Orc2 from Warcraft 2

Quote Originally Posted by Kallor View Post
    Wait, Grant Kirkhope makes music for WoW now? That's a name I haven't heard in a long time. Of GoldenEye 64, Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark fame.
    When I saw Glenn Stafford, Neal Acree, and Derek Duke on the list, I understood why the piece was so traditional to the game (and of course, the classic theme by Jason Hayes helps with that) while having that feeling we got with Wrath, but to see Grant Kirkhope there too and... well, I think we might be set for truly epic pieces in later content in Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    When I saw Glenn Stafford, Neal Acree, and Derek Duke on the list, I understood why the piece was so traditional to the game (and of course, the classic theme by Jason Hayes helps with that) while having that feeling we got with Wrath, but to see Grant Kirkhope there too and... well, I think we might be set for truly epic pieces in later content in Shadowlands.
    You actually know who these people are?

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    You actually know who these people are?
    Yep. Stafford and Duke did some of the tracks from Wrath, including the Ulduar/Storm Peaks (still my all-time favourite track in game - I sometimes head there just to listen to the music and enjoy the scenery). Stafford also did lots of the original WoW soundtrack scores, and was sound designer for many of the old Blizzard titles (Starcraft, WC3: TFT + RoC).

Acree and Hayes did the Wrath cinematic track ('Arthas, My Son'). On it's own, it is a masterpiece, but knowing the story it represents makes it something that will live on through the ages for many gamers.

I wish Russel Brower had been on the list for the Shadowlands score too, but he left Blizzard in 2017, and hasn't done any of their scores or sound engineering since 2015 from what I've heard.

Quote Originally Posted by Syn20 View Post
    Yep. Stafford and Duke did some of the tracks from Wrath, including the Ulduar/Storm Peaks (still my all-time favourite track in game - I sometimes head there just to listen to the music and enjoy the scenery). Stafford also did lots of the original WoW soundtrack scores, and was sound designer for many of the old Blizzard titles (Starcraft, WC3: TFT + RoC).

Acree and Hayes did the Wrath cinematic track ('Arthas, My Son'). On it's own, it is a masterpiece, but knowing the story it represents makes it something that will live on through the ages for many gamers.

I wish Russel Brower had been on the list for the Shadowlands score too, but he left Blizzard in 2017, and hasn't done any of their scores or sound engineering since 2015 from what I've heard.
    All I've learned from consuming WoW media is: Ion bad, Metzen good.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    All I've learned from consuming WoW media is: Ion bad, Metzen good.
    That sounds like player opinion instead to me. Which a lot more people worked on that game besides those two.

Let's hope the music in Shadowlands is as good as BFA.