Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Always all this beating around the bush, when it all can be summed up easily "Please Blizz we want our customizable place to ERP at".

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Always all this beating around the bush, when it all can be summed up easily "Please Blizz we want our customizable place to ERP at".
    And even that would be an Improvement, that way certain servers would not be as weird.

OnTopic:
    Well, I would enjoy a "proper" PlayerHousing. However, I dont really think the Engine would properly support an enjoyable implementation.
    But the biggest thing against PlayerHousing is judging from this Thread (and similar) the Community who cant have it when the game doesnt revolve around their own personal Interest.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Its a bit hard to take a measly 7 year account with less than 1000 Posts Seriously, but whatever.

It makes the game more fun for people who enjoy Leveling. They Exist.

This thread is about PlayerHousing, there are people who enjoy that. Let people have their fun.

Leveling was not daunting because of the Difficulty. And I seriously doubt anything changed in the "Difficulty" of leveling.
    I don't post much because i don't have much to say. Seems you could learn from that.
    Please don't quote me if you have nothing of value to say as you're wasting both your and my time. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why do people want this waste of dev time?

Player housing is boring af and it'll never happen now that garrisons have already.
    Like covenants and mission tables aren't a waste of dev time.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

im not against player housing, but i dont trust blizzard to implement it in a way i would enjoy it, so i'd rather they dont try.

The whole concept of housing is weird for me.

But it seems to be the mentality right now.

"Give me stuff so i don't have to talk to people and play by myselfe alone in a dark room"

I would rather they take the development time to make people play more with others and stop demanding that this MMO!!! gets shifted more into Singleplayer stuff which actual Singleplayer Games can do way better...

Like the whole: " I want to kill raidbosses alone" "Why can't i play dungeons with bots" the new one: "I want my own space completly seperated by other"...

then in the future they implement it and there is a Sofa or seomthing dropping from the Mythic Raid Endboss..... oh the outrage this would spark. Almost would make it worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    originally, in beta, until it was gutted completely to be just a normal quest hub and never had anything added to it. it was literally just a quest hub. now people seem to be too willfully ignorant and continue to think its player housing, when NO matter how you try to discount it, garrisons were not a form of housing.

or are you saying because something was said in beta, that makes it true? if thats the case, i guess bladespire citadel is the horde capital and karabor is the alliance capital in that expansion? things change. garrisons changed and became basic quest hubs.
    It was player housing and sold by Blizzard as that, no matter how you try to discount everything to fit your definition. They never changed what they sold it as. And to call it a normal quest hub is to be completely disingenuous. The fact that you refuse to define what you think player housing is is telling because you know you will end up saying something that garrisons did do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    To some people they aren't and are a better use of resources than using them so you can play house.

I mean they are but so is player housing.

Pretty sure the Garrisons were hated because you could spend most of WoD inside and still get loot, professions and crafting materials without leaving, not because "housing bad"
    Sure it's an instanced area you can go with other party members but the only customization you could apply were statues and... racial guards, I guess?

Others would call housing "a waste of dev time". I mean... What are pet battles then? Or worse, pet battle dungeons. And i'm certain there's people that would call PVP a waste of time because they only do PVE
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Pretty sure the Garrisons were hated because you could spend most of WoD inside and still get loot, professions and crafting materials without leaving, not because "housing bad"
    Sure it's an instanced area you can go with other party members but the only customization you could apply were statues and... racial guards, I guess?

Others would call housing "a waste of dev time". I mean... What are pet battles then? Or worse, pet battle dungeons. And i'm certain there's people that would call PVP a waste of time because they only do PVE
    Player housing would take up an astronomical more amount of time to develop the way people are suggesting it should be developed, compared to freakin pet battles lol. But if we are just saying our opinions, yeah I would say pet battles were a waste of time, but that's just me.

But your first sentence is basically the gist of why player housing is bad in MMOs. They just aren't made to mesh well with eachother.

Player housing is boring af and it'll never happen now that garrisons have already.
    Waste of dev time is try to balance system that will be useless next expantion.. At least housing they could implement new stuffs every expantion
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

A different and probably more accurate way to ask this question is... For the 10.x expansion *after* Shadowlands, do you want the major new expansion feature to be player housing?

The disconnect is that it seems like players are massively underestimating how much dev work player housing is (see garrisons). I cannot tell you how many people in-game have made comments wondering if Blizzard will add player housing in this extra 1-2 month launch delay for 9.0x polish time. That's not happening.

That said, I would be fine if instead of another funky grinding system like azerite power/covenants/etc. for the 10.x expansion we got real player housing. But not if Blizzard devs act like player housing is such a huge ask that the only way to do it is for the next expansion to be lighter on content, or a recycled continent with modest changes.

Literally every and any expansion or content patch would be the perfect time to implement player housing. It's a choice they are choosing not to make. And at this point, unless they get desperate, I doubt they will ever make it.

I think it would benefit the game tremendously, but at the same time, I know it will never happen because it's not related to player power or mechanical progression directly... so they are never going to put that much effort into this kind of content.

The Garrison was as close as they got, even though it was almost the polar opposite of what people asked. It was barely customizable, overloaded with chores (gotta have players be busy to keep up subs), and players hated it. If anything, Blizzard uses this as an excuse not to add housing even though it's the literal opposite of what people wanted. But hey, whatever works I guess.

In short, they are never going to add player housing, no matter how 'good' the timing feels or how good of an idea it is, or how much it will benefit players socially or whatever. They simply don't care and are ardently against it.

I'm just glad we got customization options this expansion... at this point the next time we will see content like this that isn't in the form of a new race/class (if we even ever see any of those again, lol) will probably be in about half a decade at least.

Maybe if we're lucky, they'll actually update the Allied races later in the expansion, too. But I'm not going to hold my breath or anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    That said, I would be fine if instead of another funky grinding system like azerite power/covenants/etc. for the 10.x expansion we got real player housing. But not if Blizzard devs act like player housing is such a huge ask that the only way to do it is for the next expansion to be lighter on content, or a recycled continent with modest changes.
    NP, cut the player power content down and add player housing, works for me.

(Just kidding. We know this would never happen. rofl)
    Last edited by therealbowser; 2020-10-20 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    But your first sentence is basically the gist of why player housing is bad in MMOs. They just aren't made to mesh well with eachother.
    Player housing shouldn't even have anything that allows you to progress in either PVE or PVP at all. It should be just a side activity for those interested in it
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Alcsaar View Post
    They've already stated why they're hesitant.

It pulls people away from idling in capital cities, which makes the game feel more alive especially for newer players they're trying to keep around. If they limit capabilities of the housing (like not having bank/ah/vendor access in it) then people complain that its useless and needs more benefits, and if its too good then people just never leave it.

Garrison's were a trial idea for a "form" of player housing, and it went down terribly.

As a long time UO Player, I love the idea of player housing, but right now I fail to see how it could be effectively added to WoW and serve any purpose that doesn't also have negative impacts on capital cities.

If we want to talk about adding things that makes sense because of Shadowlands, housing is not where I'd go - necromancer class is.
    Pretty spot on I'd say. I'd love a new class. Necro would be cool, but that's kind of a hybrid b/w DK & Warlock. With all the cool tech/gadgets on NPCs, or given to us in quests, I've seen massive potential for some type of mech/tech class.

I played the heck out of Ultima Online back in the day, even on free shards. The housing in that game was awesome, & I have some of my fondest MMORPG moments because of them. In WoW, however, I don't think it'd work, I agree. At most, they could have plots or apartments in cities to buy or rent, then phase into them, & once they exit the front door, they're back in the city.

Then I'd ask, what would you even be able to do in your residence? It's not like UO where you can freely decorate it, freely move items, store any & every item, or even just place the house anywhere in the entire world/realm that it would reasonably fit. Thus I feel it'd be kind of boring/redundant. I am very partial to The Sims, & Ultima Online, so I kind of liked my WoD garrison/shipyard once I got a lot of it up & running, but I have to say, with no one walking in, & being very limited in what you can do, I don't think housing would work in the end. Plus in this day & age, they'd probably ruin it by making it an absolutely insane gold sink, or gated by long tiresome grinds/quests, or in-game shop, or something stupid.

tl;dr - No time is good b/c it's not really viable/healthy given how WoW works. IMO, they'd have to make a whole new WoW game along the likes of UO to be able to place it throughout a world/realm & have them even be remotely interesting & interactive/viewable to all.

i can say the exact same thing about pvp. Remove it from the game, its boring, a waste of dev time.
    See how stupid that argument is ?

Different people want different things. I would love to have a player house in wow, if it was done correct. Not like the garrison bs

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anyone else think that after we defeat the jailer and save the Shadowlands that it would be the perfect time to implement a player housing system? What better way to reward the saviors of all reality then to let them create their own covenant/afterlife?
    WoW players don't want housing.

Less so than player housing, but yes they are also a waste of dev time. Just bc one thing is trash doesn't take away the trashiness of something else lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    i can say the exact same thing about pvp. Remove it from the game, its boring, a waste of dev time.
    See how stupid that argument is ?s
    yea cuz playing a game mode, especially one as big as pvp, which has tournaments and even an event at blizzcon, is the same as sitting afk in your little bedazzled house lmao.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThiagoTorres View Post
    Waste of dev time is try to balance system that will be useless next expantion.. At least housing they could implement new stuffs every expantion
    Now this post I could get behind a bit. Still don't really like player housing, but you make a good point

Stood in the Fire
    No, now is not a good time for it.

can someone explain me the obsession with housing, as i cant get behind the idea of having a house ingame nor the idea of staying afk in one place for more than 10 min?