Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    so lets not take something that works in other games, would keep people engaged, make old content relevant (for farming), can be tied to current content and open world content.... yeah total waste of time....
    I have a better idea Let's make something that no other games have that would keep people engaged, make old content relevant, can be tied to current content, and let those other games that have housing keep it. You want to play house? Go play those games. Let WoW be the game that does it's own thing for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    Just play The Sims.
    Exactly If you want housing and a raid/ PVP option I suggest one of the many Survival games Ark, Conan, 7D2D all allow you to build whatever you want 7Days even has terraforming and you can raid in Ark so if you want to build a house play a builder game.

So we can have our dream house on heaven.

I'd rather not Blizzard spend any development time on segregating players into their own little safe spaces in an MMO like WoW.

At most I'd agree to guild halls, but players would no doubt abuse that as well by creating their own guilds for the explicit purpose of having their own house.

If players are so desperate to decorate a house, they can go play Sims or something.

Besides, I don't see why the end of Shadowlands would make more sense for introducing player housing than any other point in WoW's history.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as they do it right this time. It needs to be cosmetic only and not tied to any actual player power or expansion defining feature. I personally would love to see it. I just honestly don't know where they would find the time to do it because Blizzard has real trouble with content these days and I don't understand it. Too many resources go into fixing shit that shouldn't be broken in the first place.

To me player housing is great in an RPG for the people who want it. And it adds more much needed flavor to the game and the world. That said the initial legwork to get it working would be a nightmare I think.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Except a big part of Sims is creatively decorating a space.You are able to buy all kinds of thiings to decorate your house with.
    That's fair. But the way you get those things to decorate your house is by managing all those characters to earn money to buy them. It doesn't involve gameplay that player housing would, such as professions to make things, dungeons/raids to farm, etc. I would much rather do things in FFXIV to decorate or house than I would want to play the Sims, because MMOs have intrinsic character focus whereas gameplay in the Sims has multiple character management.

I don't think your opinion is invalid. I just think saying "this other different-style game gives you what you want" when the gameplay experience is quite different is a little disingenuous, particularly given that housing is a genre staple. Not all games need to have it, but it doesn't seem unreasonable that a portion of the fanbase should want it.

I still don't think Blizzard will implement it, nor do I think Shadowlands would be a good time for it. But if they were to implement it, I do have thoughts on what features I would want them to include.

I would argue that things that only exist so you can brag is not content. Things like Torghast, Warfronts and the like are. That is where I want resourtces put into.

Because I want resources devoted to content out in the open world, not wasted on something so you can have a glorified meeting room There are far better ways to make crafting matter than your ability to play house.

THe game is still immensely profitable and in no way stagnant hence the new exapansion every two years.
    Warfronts are content? Someone should let the players know because those things died on release. Same with island expeditions. Same with azerite gear, same with ap grinds, same with mission tables, and archeology that isn't being updated in SL.

Name the lasting content that has stuck around that was developed in the past 5 expansions. The list is horrifyingly small. Heart of azeroth / azerite armor / essences - gone. Legion artifacts - gone. Garrisons- dead and that's not housing. That was instanced bastardization of everything wrong with housing. Mop scenarios - gone.

You keep saying you want content but none of it is persistent content. Nothing lasts. Housing isn't an epeen to be swung, that's not what we want. We want something to do, to expand upon and customize. A place to have fun. Which despite what people think, is the point of the game.

Just because you view it as the sims doesnt mean that's what we want, far from. That's like saying pvp is basically halo reach. It's a stupid, broad statement with the sole intent to browbeat your opinion down on someone else by making their opinion seem lesser.

So stop arguing in bad faith and actually hold an adult discussion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Warfronts are content?
    Exactly. Blizzard tried mmo-rts with warfront and it was butchered, a total garbage. It was sold to us for 3 months before release as the bees knees and it was awfull.
    It was the same when Blizzard tried housing with garrison. Garbage oversold as glorious content. I'm sure there is other exemples. Next with Torghast they are trying to do roguelite and (as far as I saw in beta) It's lame.

Blizzard is good at instanced PVE. IE raid and donjon. No mmo can rival Wow at end game instanced PVE content. Lately they even made some casual instanced pve (Scenarios, capital invasion, Mage tower, Island expedition) not exceptionnal but pretty good.
    They should focus on that. They should really stop to try and sell us some badly copied concept from out of space.

I'm not saying that I wouldn't want housing in wow if it was well done. But I'm convinced Blizzard would just butcher it. I rather play Animal Crossing to show my friends what a cool town I made.

Quote Originally Posted by Inoculate View Post
    Warfronts are content? Someone should let the players know because those things died on release. Same with island expeditions. Same with azerite gear, same with ap grinds, same with mission tables, and archeology that isn't being updated in SL.
    Really? Last I checked I was splaying them all time up through the last BFA patch and enjoyed every single minute of it. You are factually wrong.

Name the lasting content that has stuck around that was developed in the past 5 expansions. The list is horrifyingly small. Heart of azeroth / azerite armor / essences - gone. Legion artifacts - gone. Garrisons- dead and that's not housing. That was instanced bastardization of everything wrong with housing. Mop scenarios - gone.

You keep saying you want content but none of it is persistent content. Nothing lasts. Housing isn't an epeen to be swung, that's not what we want. We want something to do, to expand upon and customize. A place to have fun. Which despite what people think, is the point of the game.
    Yeah it is an epeen to be swung. All you want it for is so you can go to your friends and say" Come over here everyone. Come and see how great I am". THe whole idea of housing runs completely contradictory to the adventure nature of the game. Resources should be used to continue adventure, not for you to sit in an instance and play house.

Just because you view it as the sims doesnt mean that's what we want, far from. That's like saying pvp is basically halo reach. It's a stupid, broad statement with the sole intent to browbeat your opinion down on someone else by making their opinion seem lesser.

So stop arguing in bad faith and actually hold an adult discussion.
    I am not arguing in bad faith. And what you want is based in what the Sims already does.YOu don't even want an argument. IN fact, you are guilty of everything you accuse me of. You are browbeating your opinion down on someone else by making their opinion lesser. All you want is an echo chamber and to silence anyone who isn't agreeing with you.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atharaxie View Post
    Exactly. Blizzard tried mmo-rts with warfront and it was butchered, a total garbage. It was sold to us for 3 months before release as the bees knees and it was awfull.
    It was the same when Blizzard tried housing with garrison. Garbage oversold as glorious content. I'm sure there is other exemples. Next with Torghast they are trying to do roguelite and (as far as I saw in beta) It's lame.
    Your opinion. Many disagree with you. In fact Torghast has gotten a lot of positive reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    To be fair, there's a lot of complaints in FFXIV about how much of their resources could be put to creating more content that is instead used for housing. FFXIV patches are typically very small.

On the same line, though, Blizzard also wastes a lot of their dev time into creating borrowed power systems that don't wind up working very well.
    Eh? FFXIV has more content patches than WoW and they're usually bigger. Not to mention FFXIV updates its seasonal events every year. Not to mention how housing is a huge boon to the player economy.

Unfortunately, as much as I would love player housing it just seems the WoW fandom for whatever reason is against it. Personally, Guild Housing could potentially add worth to professions and guilds again beyond raiding

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Exactly If you want housing and a raid/ PVP option I suggest one of the many Survival games Ark, Conan, 7D2D all allow you to build whatever you want 7Days even has terraforming and you can raid in Ark so if you want to build a house play a builder game.
    That's like saying if you want to PvP go play Overwatch or HotS. If you want challenge go play Dark Souls. If you want pet battles go play Pokemon. Etc

Your opinion. Many disagree with you. In fact Torghast has gotten a lot of positive reviews.
    Oh, it was good during the alpha. Now it's been gutted of all the fun.

Really? Last I checked I was splaying them all time up through the last BFA patch and enjoyed every single minute of it. You are factually wrong.
    Are you legitimately saying you enjoyed doing the same two Warfronts for 2 years? Content that required 0 skill, didn't deviate once, was rapidly outdated and lasted just 30-50min?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    Oh dear god please no player housing. I don't care if some other successful MMOs have it. It's not a good thing to have players sequestered away and make cities emptier. Garrisons proved this.
    There's no difference between players going AFK in garrison/housing and going AFK in the middle of Stormwind. Besides, players that want to sequester themselves away from other players are never going to be players that you want to interact with in any case.

That's not an argument either for or against housing. It's just how humans are. There is no great benefit to have 150 players AFK in Stormwind rather than their 'housing'.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Wildstar implemented some of the best player housing ever seen in an MMO, and look where that got them.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresk View Post
    There's also GW2, ESO, and SWTOR, which have upfront costs but no subscription, but they don't seem as popular as FFXIV in my experience. I don't have any numbers to back that up; I'm going strictly by how often I see those MMOs mentioned.
    Not to be argumentative, but ESO and SWTOR both took ftp nosedives. GW2 I'll agree with you on, but because it's not the traditional loot=power model it has a niche audience. Just pointing this out to support my previous point, not trying to fight about it or whatever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Wildstar implemented some of the best player housing ever seen in an MMO, and look where that got them.
    Quoted for truth right there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Is this an honest to goodness argument against adding a feature to the game that can only add to it in a positive way?
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

I have a better idea Let's make something that no other games have that would keep people engaged, make old content relevant, can be tied to current content, and let those other games that have housing keep it. You want to play house? Go play those games. Let WoW be the game that does it's own thing for a change.
    or both? plenty of room to add multiple features to the game, and zero reasons to limit it. FWIW: now that the SIMs has Starwars version a warcraft version would be awesome..
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

15+ Year Old Account
    You will see Guild halls before player housing.
    Just because I'm a gamer doesn't mean I drive a Honda.
    Best Duo Ever
    Go Fast or Go Slow

Lets see your Battle Stations /r/battlestations
    Battle Station Light or Battle Station Dark

We dont need player housing, the world is empty as it is, dont need more instanced content