Page 13 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    well, you lost me. not even worth reading if youre so delusional that you cant get past the fact that garrisons werent player housing.
    Except they were a form of housing. NO matter how you try to discount it, Garrison were a form of it. It was originally sold as a form of housing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    You didnt enjoy the raids or dungeons or pvp?
    Ehh i stopped raiding outside transmog farming or the occassional lfr years ago..got too toxic and tired of the grind

Never liked pvp

Dungeons were my thing for YEARS and i fucking LOVED pre nerf cata ones

But yeah i've gone pretty hyper casual over the years.

I will admit running later on for transmogs the raids at least are fun with good atmosphere even solo. Tbh i think wod COULD have rivalled wrath or legion had they given it the proper attention and care..but they just made alot of mistakes with it such as all the removed content, how they did garrisons and even removing flying..it was a clusterfuck with some great core stuff that just fell apart lokg run

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    then go play the Sims.
    Why would i play that game? I do not get why anyone enjoys it even after watching my beloved play it for awhile. I prefer games where i can fight and do quests then maybe retire to my home and put up a trophy for my days activities.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    And yet is the most successful of the lot by so far its not even funny. Hell, wildstar was completely shut down, was it not? Im just saying that using your "other games have it" as a logical reason to include loses any weight when those games failed horribly. An argument could be made that so much dev time was spent working on this feature that they took shortcuts in other areas, and ultimately, that hurt the game overall.
    ..yeeah look at who i quoted..i left out gw2, eso and ffxiv all are the other three big games that are doing pretty damn well.

I WOULD have mentioned them if others hadn't already

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Except they were a form of housing. NO matter how you try to discount it, Garrison were a form of it. It was originally sold as a form of housing.
    originally, in beta, until it was gutted completely to be just a normal quest hub and never had anything added to it. it was literally just a quest hub. now people seem to be too willfully ignorant and continue to think its player housing, when NO matter how you try to discount it, garrisons were not a form of housing.

or are you saying because something was said in beta, that makes it true? if thats the case, i guess bladespire citadel is the horde capital and karabor is the alliance capital in that expansion? things change. garrisons changed and became basic quest hubs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    If garrisons is what you think of when you hear player housing no wonder you don't like the idea..but to many of us who have played games with ACTUAL player housing it is a heavily desired feature

- - - Updated - - -

Ffxiv, eso, gw2..all the other big names have some form of it
    I have played games with player housing. I think they are a waste of time personally. Me talking about Garrisons is me pointing out what happened to the game because of it, not the actual quality of the garrisons themselves.

Idc what your personal opinion on what a good player housing system is, garrisons was a player housing system.

- - - Updated - - -

originally, in beta, until it was gutted completely to be just a normal quest hub and never had anything added to it. it was literally just a quest hub. now people seem to be too willfully ignorant and continue to think its player housing, when NO matter how you try to discount it, garrisons were not a form of housing.

or are you saying because something was said in beta, that makes it true? if thats the case, i guess bladespire citadel is the horde capital and karabor is the alliance capital in that expansion? things change. garrisons changed and became basic quest hubs.
    It had plenty of updates and additions to it, you just don’t like them so you claim it as non housing system. When that’s exactly what it was.

Op is the kind of player that made Blizzard devs think that a level squish was a good idea.
    NEWSFLASH: It's not.
    NEWSFLASH: It is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    NEWSFLASH: It is.

Ya cause dumbing down the game, making it a point and click adventure is really healthy for the game! /s
    They're making too many changes to get new players to join, thing is they're alienating the player base that already exists by making idiotic decisions like level squishing.

Ya cause dumbing down the game, making it a point and click adventure is really healthy for the game! /s
    They're making too many changes to get new players to join, thing is they're alienating the player base that already exists by making idiotic decisions like level squishing.
    How do you get alienated by it? More players playing the game is a good thing. It's just a numbers change to make it less daunting. It impacts you in no way and invites new players in.

10+ Year Old Account
    As much as I'd like to see player housing, I don't think the devs have what it takes to pour time on a feature that needs flexibility and a contemporary engine. We'd get a broken system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swnem View Post
    How do you get alienated by it? More players playing the game is a good thing. It's just a numbers change to make it less daunting. It impacts you in no way and invites new players in.
    It's a bit hard to take seriously a 1 year old account to be honest but whatever.. Making changes to leveling isn't what's going to fix the game, at best it's a band-aid that really solves nothing. They get more players by making a fun game which sadly they seem to have forgotten how to do with all the changes they've made to the game and ActiBlizz's reluctance to get rid of the people who are suggesting said changes which do nothing for the game. That being said, leveling was never daunting, it's always been easy, now it's just stupid easy.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Player housing will never happen unless developers will actually believe that profit from its implementation will justify the tons of resources put into it.

Garrisons were the first attempt to search in these waters and ultimately failed tremendously. I think this failure has already put an end to player housing concept.

I personally fine with it. WoW is the game about adventures, not staying inside some building putting the furniture inside of it.

It's a bit hard to take seriously a 1 year old account to be honest but whatever..
    Its a bit hard to take a measly 7 year account with less than 1000 Posts Seriously, but whatever.

Making changes to leveling isn't what's going to fix the game, at best it's a band-aid that really solves nothing.
    It makes the game more fun for people who enjoy Leveling. They Exist.

They get more players by making a fun game which sadly they seem to have forgotten how to do with all the changes they've made to the game and ActiBlizz's reluctance to get rid of the people who are suggesting said changes which do nothing for the game.
    This thread is about PlayerHousing, there are people who enjoy that. Let people have their fun.

That being said, leveling was never daunting, it's always been easy, now it's just stupid easy.
    Leveling was not daunting because of the Difficulty. And I seriously doubt anything changed in the "Difficulty" of leveling.

Always all this beating around the bush, when it all can be summed up easily "Please Blizz we want our customizable place to ERP at".

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    Always all this beating around the bush, when it all can be summed up easily "Please Blizz we want our customizable place to ERP at".
    And even that would be an Improvement, that way certain servers would not be as weird.

OnTopic:
    Well, I would enjoy a "proper" PlayerHousing. However, I dont really think the Engine would properly support an enjoyable implementation.
    But the biggest thing against PlayerHousing is judging from this Thread (and similar) the Community who cant have it when the game doesnt revolve around their own personal Interest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Its a bit hard to take a measly 7 year account with less than 1000 Posts Seriously, but whatever.

It makes the game more fun for people who enjoy Leveling. They Exist.

This thread is about PlayerHousing, there are people who enjoy that. Let people have their fun.

Leveling was not daunting because of the Difficulty. And I seriously doubt anything changed in the "Difficulty" of leveling.
    I don't post much because i don't have much to say. Seems you could learn from that.
    Please don't quote me if you have nothing of value to say as you're wasting both your and my time. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why do people want this waste of dev time?

Player housing is boring af and it'll never happen now that garrisons have already.
    Like covenants and mission tables aren't a waste of dev time.
    My name is what makes me so manly.

im not against player housing, but i dont trust blizzard to implement it in a way i would enjoy it, so i'd rather they dont try.

The whole concept of housing is weird for me.

But it seems to be the mentality right now.

"Give me stuff so i don't have to talk to people and play by myselfe alone in a dark room"

I would rather they take the development time to make people play more with others and stop demanding that this MMO!!! gets shifted more into Singleplayer stuff which actual Singleplayer Games can do way better...

Like the whole: " I want to kill raidbosses alone" "Why can't i play dungeons with bots" the new one: "I want my own space completly seperated by other"...

then in the future they implement it and there is a Sofa or seomthing dropping from the Mythic Raid Endboss..... oh the outrage this would spark. Almost would make it worth it.

It was player housing and sold by Blizzard as that, no matter how you try to discount everything to fit your definition. They never changed what they sold it as. And to call it a normal quest hub is to be completely disingenuous. The fact that you refuse to define what you think player housing is is telling because you know you will end up saying something that garrisons did do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    To some people they aren't and are a better use of resources than using them so you can play house.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elise the Seeker View Post
    I mean they are but so is player housing.

7+ Year Old Account
    Pretty sure the Garrisons were hated because you could spend most of WoD inside and still get loot, professions and crafting materials without leaving, not because "housing bad"
    Sure it's an instanced area you can go with other party members but the only customization you could apply were statues and... racial guards, I guess?

Others would call housing "a waste of dev time". I mean... What are pet battles then? Or worse, pet battle dungeons. And i'm certain there's people that would call PVP a waste of time because they only do PVE
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.