Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Is there an ignore cap on mmo-champ? I hope not.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why do people want this waste of dev time?

Player housing is boring af and it'll never happen now that garrisons have already.
    Took the words right out of my mouth.

Player housing would be the biggest waste of dev resources in the history of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    The cap is logging off :b

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    k. ff14, which is still gaining popularity.
    Not really lmao, they don't even have a million active subs. They'll go free to play soon I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    If you have to ignore that many people, I got some bad news for you son.

Huge waste of resources and time. Rather spend something else

Let me end this topic saying that:

Blizzard dont want housing beause they dont want a eternal content on the game. House could be implemented in a stance zone in Stormwind and Orgrimmar, put some 4fun stuffs like trophies, archaeology shit and improve the house system every expantion. No need to put garrison missions on mining or herbing on House.

But they like to put a really really hard work on something and throw away when next expantion released and thats why they dont want House on the game

What devs think is all about raid raid and raid content, look the joke it is now the lore, class gameplay (ok some classes now got an improve gameplay)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overlordd View Post
    This race is an abomination and atrocity. This race doesn't belong in World of Warcraft at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Got ganked by a Vulpera, huh?

Oh sure, as soon as every NPC gets a home.

Quote Originally Posted by owbu View Post
    I think its fair to say that wether you want housing or not, shadowlands theme in now way connected or related to the idea of player housing. I would even go so far that not being on the same realm of existance as where you house would be is a pretty good reason to not introduce housing now.
    Also the end of an expansion is very rarely a good time to introduce a big new feature. End of expansion is a good time to test the water with smaller scale system that the next expansion might have though.

So the only reason why "now" could be considered a good time to implement housing, is because you would like it as soon as possible. But that has nothing to do with shadowlands.
    Unless we somehow fix the rift that Sylvanas created we are still going to be able to go back into the shadowlands after we save it. Also the shit we take from there wont magically disappear when we return like gear and hunter pets.

The entire premise of the Shadowlands is that there are an infinite number of afterlives that are vast and various. You seriously think after saving all of reality our character doesn't deserve to create their own afterlife? Personally I'd perma death if I got sent to some shithole like Maldraxxus, Revendreth, or Bastion.

Also our players are once again chosen ones who can somehow activate ancient devices in the Shadowlands. If we already have ties to the realm its logical to assume we could have our own personal portal to the realm once all's said and done if we do close the rift.

I'm not saying that wow will get housing or that it should what I'm saying is a realm with infinite lands created by an individual to their hearts desire is the core concept behind many of the greatest housing systems like Wildstar.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why do people want this waste of dev time?

Player housing is boring af and it'll never happen now that garrisons have already.
    I mean the garrisons were boring bc they replaced actual gameplay and make it redundant.

Something where you can just buy cosmetics and decorate it as you want would be neat

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Anyone else think that after we defeat the jailer and save the Shadowlands that it would be the perfect time to implement a player housing system? What better way to reward the saviors of all reality then to let them create their own covenant/afterlife?
    we already had garrisons and it was a fiasco housing will bring nothing to the game infact you can argue that the garrisons was a perfect implementation of housing yet it failed miserably

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealbowser View Post
    Blizzard's obsession with people idling in major cities is ridiculous. Let's look at games where housing exists, like FFXIV. Is 90% of the population sitting in their houses and avoiding the cities? No, of course not, the cities are as packed and overloaded as they ever were, including from players who own houses. Same for SWTOR. Same for every other game I've played that has housing.

this is literally an excuse. They are probably well aware it won't have this dramatic impact they are claiming it will and people buy it because we take them for their word at everything else. I mean, like Ion said it, "you think you do, but you don't". Right? But I am digressing here.

You are talking about Garrisons which are literally the polar opposite of housing.

1. They are not customizable. No, I am not talking about which shitty little buildings you can place or how much you can upgrade them from 1 -> 2 -> 3. Can you make them racial themed? No. Can you customize the furniture inside the buildings? No. Can you even pick the characters that work in them? No, aside from your optional follower in the profession buildings. There was virtually nothing to customize in garrisons whatsoever. At best you can set up a few statues no one cares about, guild flags no one notices, or add to your archaeology collection. You can't set up your inn's furniture. You can't have anything other than 100% human or 100% orc garrison. There is more customization in glyphs on just about any given class than there was in customizing anything there.

(By the way, if you think that the Garrisons had customization that was comparable to real housing in any remote way, then you've obviously never played any other MMORPG that had housing. Even the weakest and laziest forms had dramatically enhanced options of placing things to make your base, your house, your whatever feel like YOU and not a generic cutout fortress. Don't even try to pretend Garrisons had customization, lol.)

2. They do not exist for socializing or 'owning home', they exist for doing chores. Need I really go further on this? I would hope it's obvious, but players want to decorate their homes, show them off, and maybe open up shops or roleplay in them, etc. They don't want to do arbitrary player power/resource gathering chores and literally nothing else. They didn't exist for players to customize and enjoy, they existed to push player power and resource gathering systems only.

3. Even visiting other people's garrisons is only available if they invite you to their party and were in their own garrison, and not to mention there was nothing but their special visitors to interact with. Nothing to customize, nothing to interact with, hell you can't even use their mage tower portals and the like. Garrisons were an almost entirely solo endeavor.

Frankly I am calling you out on having played UO. I'm skeptical you played the game for anything remotely similar to a 'long time' if you think Garrisons was a 'idea for playing housing' (lol). UO had tremendous housing customization options. Garrisons had literally nothing.

But let's get real here. You're not here to talk about player housing so much as you are here to talk about how this feature isn't interesting to you and you feel it's incompatable with what you really wanted, necromancers.

Frankly, I could make an entire new thread and then some just talking about that class, long before we even knew the expansion was going to be Shadowlands or that it would have literal necromancers that were not scourge aligned inside. None of that matters. They didn't add necromancers, and if they had added housing (or not) it would have had literally no impact on a new playable class.

At this point, Blizzard probably thinks they can't add any more new classes to the game because they are worried they'll have to put in more work on them. I mean look at how bland and simplified Demon Hunters turned out--they obviously didn't want the class to require too much work so that they wouldn't have to put in much balancing it. I was hoping it was an isolated case, but as it is, there's a very good chance that demon hunters are going to be the very last new class in World of Warcraft. We definitely are never going to see Necromancers after Blizzard passed up on this perfect opportunity to add them.

So I mean I get it. You didn't get the feature you wanted. Sorry to hear it. That doesn't mean you get to trash about ideas for adding other features just because they aren't the one you wanted. Likewise, you don't hear people going into class suggestion threads and them whining that adding a new class is going to take away from housing content, do you? If you genuinely hate housing, that's fine, but from all accounts that doesn't seem the case with you, and you are correlating things that have no relationship. A common thing for WoW, to be fair. Frankly, I don't think housing would negatively impact anyone, but if you want to argue that then at least do so directly.

Well it doesn't matter anyways, because both housing and new classes are extremely likely to ever happen.

you are wrong, lots of the things you say doesnt exist with garrisons is infact in the game currently, in the garrison

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    we already had garrisons and it was a fiasco housing will bring nothing to the game infact you can argue that the garrisons was a perfect implementation of housing yet it failed miserably
    Garrisons weren't even remotely close to being perfect implementations of housing. In ESO and Wildstar you can/could create robots/stautes/creatures/etc.. out of housing items garrisons you could drop shit into a slot and that was it.

i think it would be the perfect time to take a gooood fking look at the game and see what the fk went wrong, but that aint happening :/ sadly

7+ Year Old Account
    infact you can argue that the garrisons was a perfect implementation of housing yet it failed miserably
    You have a weird definition of "perfect"
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Not really lmao, they don't even have a million active subs. They'll go free to play soon I'm sure.
    wanna show us these numbers, or are you just pulling them out of your ass in an attempt to look cool? cause its 100% the latter since they dont post active subs.

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Garrisons weren't even remotely close to being perfect implementations of housing. In ESO and Wildstar you can/could create robots/stautes/creatures/etc.. out of housing items garrisons you could drop shit into a slot and that was it.
    just more shit to put into a socket in other words, we tried the garrisons and it was bad gameplay so why repeat the same mistake again remember we had your own farm slot where you could grow your own veggies etc in any way you wanted and it was a success right?

This is how you get another 6 month delay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    No I don’t think so. A housing system created by Blizzard will be bad. The only way it will hold any value is if the most difficult content rewards the best houses. And if that happens, then all the entitled “casuals” will start crying that Mythic raiders have cooler houses.

- - - Updated - - -

So the customers opinions of the product doesn’t matter?
    NO because Blizzard made it, so they are the official arbiter of what it is. Blizzard said it was player housing. Player housing it was.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amenophis View Post
    So when you go to a car dealer to buy an SUV and they sell you a school bus instead, you're going to be OK with it since the dealer calls it an SUV?
    WHo says I would be buying the school bus. Even if they call that an SUV, I am still free not to buy it. This is a terrible analogy.

I'd rather the end of Shadowlands be the end of the faction war.

just more shit to put into a socket in other words, we tried the garrisons and it was bad gameplay so why repeat the same mistake again remember we had your own farm slot where you could grow your own veggies etc in any way you wanted and it was a success right?
    Creating your own creations using bits and pieces you cobble together isn't remotely like putting shit in a socket. Raiding was bad gameplay for most players and they were considering removing it as it was basically a waste of resources for 90% of the player base(made up number) but they then came up with lfr which got millions of people doing raid content again. You seriously don't think Blizzard is looking at ESO selling 100$ homes like hotcakes and people spending millions on crowns to buy crown store housing items and are just going to let their version of housing die with garrisons?

Quote Originally Posted by Rolenn View Post
    I'd rather the end of Shadowlands be the end of the faction war.
    So would I but thats never gonna happen.