Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Player housing would be a waste of time. Ppl would barely utilize it. It would only be for RPers.

It would just be the new goldshire basement. A bunch of RPers whackin it to some avatars.

7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly think so personally, it will be like a "returning home" type of thing, since lorewise we are actually stuck in the SL, actually staking our claim somewhere would be nice! But I think more of a "Player keep" type thing will be more suitable...has more building opportunity than just a indoor space!

But I also..don't know, I think WoW is to old to add it now. It really depends on how long they want to keep the game going

Quote Originally Posted by Sevarin View Post
    wanna show us these numbers, or are you just pulling them out of your ass in an attempt to look cool? cause its 100% the latter since they dont post active subs.
    https://mmo-population.com/activity
    Dunno however how Accurate that page is.

7+ Year Old Account
    we had and still have player housing from WoD needless to say it didnt work well

10+ Year Old Account
    I always thought it would be a great idea for Blizzard to legit make player houses. Similar to that of Runescape/Skyrim DLC/ESO

Go out in the world and collect wood/stone/sand/etc and craft into objects needed
    It could even be a new secondary profession where you unlock better objects/rooms the higher you level the skill.

For example, Collect some sand and a bucket of water to make some glass windows for your house(yes stealing this from MC)
    you first make a crafting table of course cause that's how it always goes!

However, Don't make the leveling too quick like they did with Garrisons.

More stuff that could be done

Kitchen - Place for cooking your means that give some sort of buff or perhaps a storage unit for cooking supplies.
    Bedroom - When you sleep in your bed after logout(you receive a little more rested xp than normal city logout)
    Dueling Basement - Where you can host dueling matches as well as have target dummies
    Trophy room - Display your tier sets and transmogs and a poster with a selected achievement you've acomplished
    Garden - Herbing of course
    Game room - Something new to crafting that lets you play mini games while you wait for queues.
    Portal room - Port you to specific zones(3 max and require exalted rep with that zone) this would take a long time and be expensive to make however
    Storage room - Maybe have a secondary yet smaller bank for yourself

and more..

Wall Materials - Mud>Wood(Different tiers of better looking woods)>Stone(Same as woods)>Something awesome..idk

you could add chairs and other furniture to your rooms and design the place how you wanted to and allow you to customize how your house was shaped

You can select from different areas of where you'd like your house to be and there will be portals all over the world to take your to your house or a hearth for it like your garrison had.
    Selling myself out below

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    NO because Blizzard made it, so they are the official arbiter of what it is. Blizzard said it was player housing. Player housing it was.
    And customers are not allowed to disagree with the assessment of the product?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    And customers are not allowed to disagree with the assessment of the product?
    THey can disagree with it, but it doesn't matter. Blizzard said it was player housing. That is what it was. I mean, if you order a hamburger at McDonalds, you calling it a hot dog doesn't make it a hot dog. It's still a hamburger because that is what McDonalds said it was..

Quote Originally Posted by qwerty123456 View Post
    Garrisons weren't even remotely close to being perfect implementations of housing. In ESO and Wildstar you can/could create robots/stautes/creatures/etc.. out of housing items garrisons you could drop shit into a slot and that was it.
    Ngl this sounds pretty much like what garrisons did. Honestly the difference being that instead of building things like enchanting buildings and statues from your achievements, you would want to build robots and creatures instead lol. And somehow that makes garrisons not even close to what you think housing should be... dude wow just isn’t the game for it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    THey can disagree with it, but it doesn't matter. Blizzard said it was player housing. That is what it was. I mean, if you order a hamburger at McDonalds, you calling it a hot dog doesn't make it a hot dog. It's still a hamburger because that is what McDonalds said it was..
    If McDonalds sold me a hotdog, it's a hotdog even if they called it a hamburger.

Can't believe my eyes reading this thread, you people really comparing garrisons to actual player housing?

Player housing should be a totally new system just like pet battles, you could go to new/old content and farm some ragnaros round tables or something. Blizzard can also capitalize on this and introduce some exclusive items in the in-game store if they wanted.
    Hell they can even introduce a new crafting profession, get 40x wool, 5 cobalt ores and some material from Molten Core, use your new profession and there you go, your own ragnaros round table that you really wanted, and fit it where ever you like in your own house.

>But people will always afk in their houses now!
    This didn't really happen in other mmos with playing housing tho.

>This will only please the rp community!
    Not really, none of the guys I know rp, but we all enjoyed customizing our houses in every mmo that we played that had one. You can even have some specific decorations drop/reward for high level play such as mythic bosses/high m+ keys/high rating in bgs and arena. But let's say that it will only benefit rp players, what's the problem?

>They don't have the resources!
    Now we're making excuses for Blizzard? it's up to them to manage their resources, not us.
    We've had battlepets and now battlepet dungeons, we didn't lose a raid tier in exchange.
    And I'll take player housing/battlepets a million times over whatever bullshit system(s!) they're developing for Slands/next expansion.
    Last edited by CylomDashti; 2020-10-22 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    Ngl this sounds pretty much like what garrisons did. Honestly the difference being that instead of building things like enchanting buildings and statues from your achievements, you would want to build robots and creatures instead lol. And somehow that makes garrisons not even close to what you think housing should be... dude wow just isn’t the game for it.
    Lol what? Being creative and creating buildings/items/statues/whatever isn't even remotely close to what garrisons did. Comparing garrisons to housing is like you claiming your an artist because you hung a painting on your wall.

Lol what? Being creative and creating buildings/items/statues/whatever isn't even remotely close to what garrisons did. Comparing garrisons to housing is like you claiming your an artist because you hung a painting on your wall.
    First of all garrisons are housing, whether you want to admit it or not. You disliking them doesn’t instantly mean they aren’t housing.

Secondly, let’s say they do make housing. With this whole complicated system of you actually creating your own buildings etc. this will take a TON of resources away from creating actual content, as well as the best case scenario actually being people like the housing and never leave it and we get a wod 2.0 where the world becomes literally barren as everyone qs from their houses.

It’s a terrible idea at best.

"I want the devs to put my teenage girl fantasies in their high fantasy combat game"

Never gonna understand this one.

Edit: Inb4 "You dont understand my friends need to see my interior decoration!"

The game has no need for player housing, and would only serve to split the playerbase even more, further destroying the little sense of 'world' we have left, and our hubs would be deserted (as they were on WoD with garrisons).

I actually feel like it would be a waste of development and resources. I like it on other games, especially how it was in Wildstar, but i don't think it would be beneficial for WoW atm.
    Last edited by hulkgor; 2020-10-23 at 12:06 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    The game has no need for player housing, and would only serve to split the playerbase even more, further destroying the little sense of 'world' we have left, and our hubs would be deserted (as they were on WoD with garrisons).

I actually feel like it would be a waste of development and resources. I like it on other games, especially how it was in Wildstar, but i don't think it would be beneficial for WoW atm.
    I see where you are coming from, but all the devs would have to do is take what Garrisons did that caused hubs to be dead and fix that. Would take some time, but they need to make it so you're not just sitting in your house all the time. On ESO, housing is a big part of the game, yet no one just sits in their house doing nothing.
    Selling myself out below

10+ Year Old Account
    Thats literally what you did in garrison tho...
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TrollHunter3000 View Post
    Not really lmao, they don't even have a million active subs. They'll go free to play soon I'm sure.
    They still charge a sub for FFXI yeah that ain’t happening

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rolenn View Post
    I'd rather the end of Shadowlands be the end of the faction war.
    Oh gods yes...this would fix sooo many issues and open up new story options as well

Quote Originally Posted by Synical123 View Post
    First of all garrisons are housing, whether you want to admit it or not. You disliking them doesn’t instantly mean they aren’t housing.

Secondly, let’s say they do make housing. With this whole complicated system of you actually creating your own buildings etc. this will take a TON of resources away from creating actual content, as well as the best case scenario actually being people like the housing and never leave it and we get a wod 2.0 where the world becomes literally barren as everyone qs from their houses.

It’s a terrible idea at best.
    It's a terrible idea that Eso makes millions off of? ok lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    Thats literally what you did in garrison tho...
    What did you create in garrisons? you slotted useful buildings.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone else think that after we defeat the jailer and save the Shadowlands that it would be the perfect time to implement a player housing system? What better way to reward the saviors of all reality then to let them create their own covenant/afterlife?
    no, no, no.....this is not a game for housing systems....I bet there has been hundreds of threads about this stupid idea. not gonna happen!

10+ Year Old Account
    It's a terrible idea that Eso makes millions off of? ok lol.

What did you create in garrisons? you slotted useful buildings.
    We made buildings, statues, items and whatever in our garrison.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..