Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jettisawn View Post
    Try and little perspective from someone who doesn't live in a large city or doesn't currently have a Majority party who agrees with them. You act as if the Majority is always right? Often not, and even things like Labor Rights and others started in Rural Areas before they were brought into the main stream.
    So, to be clear; you don't like democracy, you don't care about SCOTUS and the potential civil rights losses, you don't care about actually getting any reforms passed if the people passing the reforms are too "corrupt" for your taste - as long as you get your money from the government.

This is literally a right wing caricature of a progressive.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

I think you could benefit from a Civics history course. There is a reason why Trail of Tears POTUS was held in high regard for a long time.

https://www.loc.gov/classroom-materi...-and-the-vote/
    That’s fantastic... let me ask again... What’s a faithless elector and how does that help the rural vote?

How about you not take everything someone says as coming from a place that is antithetical to you? Try and little perspective from someone who doesn't live in a large city or doesn't currently have a Majority party who agrees with them. You act as if the Majority is always right? Often not, and even things like Labor Rights and others started in Rural Areas before they were brought into the main stream.
    I said the US system is set up to help the elites... I said nothing of electoral college... you jump in to defend the elites, by bringing up electoral college and expect me to ignore it? I mean the entire political system... I didn’t mean electoral college... that was your assertion, because of your need to defend elites.

It's lazy, dumb, and uninteresting to simply claim, "DUR GOP TALKING POINT" because you don't agree with it or you think it is invalid.
    Yeah, and making me the subject of our discussion... is what?
    As above, so below.
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

So jetti is defending mcconnell now? Yeesh.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    And the Electoral College, apparently.

It's kinda hilarious watching all of the former Ron Paul stans go full mask off now that even Sanders and Chomsky have made the stakes clear and they don't have any semi-credible authority figures to hide behind.
    "Multiculturalism has failed!" angrily types a person of European descent living in the Americas in a Germanic language using Roman characters on a device coded with Arabic numerals before leaving in a huff to go watch cartoons made in Japan.

Only if you believe your party is perfect in every way.
    Voter shamming is terrible and shows you have no faith in the Democratic process. Don't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elegiac View Post

It's kinda hilarious watching all of the former Ron Paul stans go full mask off now that even Sanders and Chomsky have made the stakes clear and they don't have any semi-credible authority figures to hide behind.
    The faithless vote of the electoral college proves that the whole fucking intent of it, was to suppress the public vote. Washington state giving a vote to Colin Powell in 2016 elections, had fuck all to do with rural voters. The fucker wasn’t even on the ballot... nor the other two people that got electoral votes.

The fact that founding fathers didn’t come out and call the public idiots, that need to be protected from them selfs... is fucking obvious... what rational person would even make such an argument?

- - - Updated - - -

This is my party and it is perfect in every way:

As above, so below.
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    That which is Below corresponds to that which is Above, and that which is Above corresponds to that which is Below, to accomplish the miracle of the One Thing.

The Electoral College help make the United States for all of it's faults and it's progress. Seems like despite it's struggles we are far better off then others. We even overtook many Countries and governments who've been at this for longer.
    Voter shamming is terrible and shows you have no faith in the Democratic process. Don't do it.

Elemental Lord
    He will do anything to defend republican's, just to shit on Dem's. He's even used full on Nazi propoganda to defend Republican's, so this doesn't surprise me.

The Electoral College help make the United States for all of it's faults and it's progress. Seems like despite it's struggles we are far better off then others. We even overtook many Countries and governments who've been at this for longer.
    That had fuck all to do with electoral college? We are all aware of American exceptionalism... that’s not an argument...

Is that a GOP talking point or are you going to both sides this shit?
    As above, so below.

Foolish of me to think you were posting on the thread topic, please, continue your derail.
    /s

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    That’s fantastic... let me ask again... What’s a faithless elector and how does that help the rural vote?

I said the US system is set up to help the elites... I said nothing of electoral college... you jump in to defend the elites, by bringing up electoral college and expect me to ignore it? I mean the entire political system... I didn’t mean electoral college... that was your assertion, because of your need to defend elites.

Yeah, and making me the subject of our discussion... is what?
    You said, " the system was set up to the system is set up for elite like Trump..." not even acknowledging Hillary is one of those elites.

- - - Updated - - -

Foolish of me to think you were posting on the thread topic, please, continue your derail.
    The Derail is me replying to others. Just like I am replying to you.

Since we are off topic... just to make my self clear... America is exception, not because of electoral college... but, because of all the immigrants. Be it willful, through brain drain of autocrats who scoffed at listening to science, or forced labor through slavery. Each of these were vehicles for US to flourish, in spite of Catholic Churches burning...
    As above, so below.

The US being good at imperialism is not a function of the Electoral College.

You cannot be a progressive and a nationalist. Sorry hun, that's just fascism.

You said, " the system was set up to the system is set up for elite like Trump..." not even acknowledging Hillary is one of those elites.
    Oh, you think I stuttered? Here is what I said:

3 million more of us voted for Hillary... the system is set up for elite like Trump...

Edit: Like I said earlier... they invented Afluenza, to protect a rich kid that killed someone while drunk driving. The system is simply set up to protect the elite’s power...
    I know your need to insert Hillary for some fucked up reason, but I went even lower... I used the afluenza kid as an example of the system? So........ WTF?!

You brought electoral college into this... you insulted my civics... so... instead of an appeal to authority... I will ask you for the third time... What is a faithless elector and how does that help rural votes?
    As above, so below.

His argument of "what we've got works so lets not change anything" is as conservative as it gets.
    /s

What the actual fuck? How you got that from what I wrote says a lot more about you then it does me.

- - - Updated - - -

His argument of "what we've got works so lets not change anything" is as conservative as it gets.
    Odd because that isn't what I said at all. Jesus do you people like smelling you own farts too?

Watch me...

As above, so below.

Oh, you think I stuttered? Here is what I said:

I know your need to insert Hillary for some fucked up reason, but I went even lower... I used the afluenza kid as an example of the system? So........ WTF?!

You brought electoral college into this... you insulted my civics... so... instead of an appeal to authority... I will ask you for the third time... What is a faithless elector and how does that help rural votes?
    Why you always propose questions that have nothing to do with what I said is beyond me. No I am not answering your rhetorical bullshit, because I don't even know why you are asking it. It has nothing to do with what I have said.

What the actual fuck? How you got that from what I wrote says a lot more about you then it does me.
    Can you please find an independent party and ask them who they think said this:

- - - Updated - - -

Why you always propose questions that have nothing to do with what I said is beyond me. No I am not answering your rhetorical bullshit, because I don't even know why you are asking it. It has nothing to do with what I have said.
    It’s not rhetorical... A faithless elector is an actual thing. Collin Powell got an electoral vote as a result in WA in 2016, without even being on the ballot. You will not answer, not because it’s rhetorical... but, because I am right... deal with it.
    As above, so below.

Can you please find an independent party and ask them who they think said this:

- - - Updated - - -

It’s not rhetorical... A faithless elector is an actual thing. Collin Powell got an electoral vote as a result in WA in 2016, without even being on the ballot. You will not answer, not because it’s rhetorical... but, because I am right... deal with it.
    Find an independent party who said exactly what I said, What? Are you high? Can you actually ask a question without something trivial being thrown in?

Something like, "Why do you think the Electoral College lead to America being this way", Or "Why don't you think the President should be voted on by Popular vote?"

Those I might be able to give you an answer.

The electoral college is what lead to America current situations both good and bad. It has been our form of government it's entire history, minus when we tried the libertarian thing and it crashed and burned after 10 years. If we had a pure democracy there is little doubt in my mind it would have survived this long.

Again, that has nothing to do with what I said. To my knowledge a faithless elector has never changed the outcome of a National Election. It's less common then in-person voter fraud.