Levelling in dungeons + Chromie.

Hiya lads, I have a question regarding levelling now. I can only seem to sign up for the dungeons fitting to the time-travel path I choose? Is this intended? And if so, what do you think of it?

For example; if I choose WOD as my levelling zone, the only instances I can sign for are WOD content instances.. It feels like I am doing something wrong, as it feels like a super limitting change for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Is this intended?
    Most likely is, as it actually makes sense. You chose to do WOD, so why would you, in theory, want to do a multitude of other irrelevant dungeons? It's essentially the same as before, when you only had the level-appropriate dungeons available.

I don't mind. But I do think it would have been nice to have one giant massive Random Dungeon button for any dungeon while leveling.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    But I do think it would have been nice to have one giant massive Random Dungeon button for any dungeon while leveling.
    Already in there, you just have to wait 15 minutes for it to pop up. Game will tell you "hey buddy it's going slow today with the invites, mind if I put you into queue for all other expansions too?". Click yes and instant invite (at least for me, now).

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Already in there, you just have to wait 15 minutes for it to pop up.
    Mkay, didn't know that. Nice, but would have preferred a direct selection.

I think its a nice change - lvling is so damn fast now, i think it keeps with the expansions theme better to be doing dungeons from it. I mean its literally only a few hours to entirely finish an expansion, so its not like you are stuck doing the same dungeons for days or weeks, or even months as it was in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Throwme View Post
    Most likely is, as it actually makes sense. You chose to do WOD, so why would you, in theory, want to do a multitude of other irrelevant dungeons?
    personally for me it would be queue times. with the changes to hero classes there may not be predictable spots with an overabundance of tanks anymore, so it may not affect them as much? but at the same time if there is one *best* leveling expansion, odds are queues for other expansions will be a fair amount worse.

edit: its kind of like when you could queue for 2 different expansions before the patch. you couldnt queue for both at the same time, and having the groups split up kind of made queues longer than they should have been, even as tank/heals.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Already in there, you just have to wait 15 minutes for it to pop up. Game will tell you "hey buddy it's going slow today with the invites, mind if I put you into queue for all other expansions too?". Click yes and instant invite (at least for me, now).
    Hoping at some point there's a manual method of changing it prior to the 15min mark, as the imbalance between expansions is pretty huge right now when it comes to queuing. At least have the option if you already have a max character, I can understand for new players you may want to keep it simple. Also, there are some dungeons I like running that don't align with the expansion I'm questing in, and Chrome Time completely blocks me from queuing for an expansion's dungeons that I might prefer. There's an odd irony that the scaling tech is in place that scales all the dungeons to your level in the pre-patch, yet your ability to queue for said dungeons is severely limited.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by Algorath View Post
    Hiya lads, I have a question regarding levelling now. I can only seem to sign up for the dungeons fitting to the time-travel path I choose? Is this intended? And if so, what do you think of it?

For example; if I choose WOD as my levelling zone, the only instances I can sign for are WOD content instances.. It feels like I am doing something wrong, as it feels like a super limitting change for no reason.
    It is intended. No, it is less limiting than it was prior. Prior you only got to do dungeons 1-60, 60-80, 80-90, 100-110, 110-120. Now you get to do the same dungeons 10-50 (15-120 under old system). You can swap at Chromie at any point as well. This is good for those who want immersion and don't want to go outside their timeline.

Also, if your queue is taking too long then it will ask you if it is ok to expand out to the other expansions. The other good change about this is those who farm the dungeon bag for mogs can more easily focus them.

The only problem I see with dungeons is the end of dungeon bonus being too low. I'm farming the plate MoP ones now and without dungeon quests it is taking me about 3-5 dungeons now (around 35-40) with full heirloom and full rested (so the drain was slower).

So if you are wanting to level then questing is definitely a lot faster than dungeons.

[QUOTE=exochaft;52735045]Hoping at some point there's a manual method of changing it prior to the 15min mark, as the imbalance between expansions is pretty huge right now when it comes to queuing.[/queue]

15 minutes is fine and after trying them all out it never took more than 5-8 minutes to find a group, drastically lower than prior.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    At least have the option if you already have a max character, I can understand for new players you may want to keep it simple.
    Except new players can't do Chromie time at all. They have to level a toon to 50 first before they can do Chromie time.

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    lso, there are some dungeons I like running that don't align with the expansion I'm questing in, and Chrome Time completely blocks me from queuing for an expansion's dungeons that I might prefer.
    You can go back to Chromie to swap timelines so you can queue for whichever dungeon.