Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1

    Warrior DPS horrible

    Hey I was just wondering if anyone noticed that warrior DPS is just horrible now after the level squish to 50? any spec, aoe , single target doesn't matter.

    Before the patch I was able to keep up and maybe even sometimes do more damage than my friends (single, or aoe).

    Now after the patch I struggle even getting half (YES HALF) the damage my friends are doing . this is super discouraging after working on maxing out my gear. I get I'm maybe not the best skilled player at this game but come on half of every other class, if i was maybe off by 20% i would just deal with it.

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclopse666 View Post
    Hey I was just wondering if anyone noticed that warrior DPS is just horrible now after the level squish to 50? any spec, aoe , single target doesn't matter.

    Before the patch I was able to keep up and maybe even sometimes do more damage than my friends (single, or aoe).

    Now after the patch I struggle even getting half (YES HALF) the damage my friends are doing . this is super discouraging after working on maxing out my gear. I get I'm maybe not the best skilled player at this game but come on half of every other class, if i was maybe off by 20% i would just deal with it.
    Post dps log otherwise its just Anecdotal

  3. #3
    stat scale hits the warriors hardest as usual nothing new. You suck until the mid patch then get to be fine at the last patch till the next expansion.

  4. #4
    Master of the Void The Dark One's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Void
    Posts
    1,908
    Welcome to warrior life OP. Warriors will rise again, just need some more gear and time.
    Fundamental civil rights are only "political" if you're trying to take them away from people.

  5. #5
    Let me guess OP ! you are arms spec like me :P i feel you

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    stat scale hits the warriors hardest as usual nothing new. You suck until the mid patch then get to be fine at the last patch till the next expansion.
    This basically, it´s amazing that after 15 years and countless attempted fixes they still can´t get it right.
    Assuming it isn´t right right now, but frankly past experiences makes it seem pointless to doubt you.

    So yeah, work on an alt at the start or something and hope this expansion is not too alt unfriendly.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

    Respect all, submit to none.

  7. #7
    It's lower from what I recall as fury, but not unbearable. Also, there are also more arbitrary buttons!!

    The class changes for this role just seem weird and hamfisted. I guess I'm not clever enough to realize why and when I should use shield slam as a titan's grip fury spec.

    Giving intercept to everyone seems pretty good, however.

  8. #8
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,557
    You need to realize that the game, right now, in live, is balanced around level 60 without corruptions, etc.

    So obviously we will see weird things until we go well into the first or even second patch of Shadowlands.

  9. #9
    Feels kinda bad to sim 3850 as fury and 4200 as arms with better gear than the peers in my guild while they sim for 5.5 - 6.4k dps but what can you do during prepatch.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    It's lower from what I recall as fury, but not unbearable. Also, there are also more arbitrary buttons!!

    The class changes for this role just seem weird and hamfisted. I guess I'm not clever enough to realize why and when I should use shield slam as a titan's grip fury spec.

    Giving intercept to everyone seems pretty good, however.
    You use it when you have a shield up, so you don't do 0 dps, and you pick your shield up when you are being pressured in PvP so you don't get exploded in 10 seconds.

    So, the reason you have shield slam is so that you do more than 0 dps if someone focuses you in rated pvp. It can also be used in PvE if you want to offtank something temporarily I guess.

    And yes, dps warriors are in a pretty bad spot right now.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    Feels kinda bad to sim 3850 as fury and 4200 as arms with better gear than the peers in my guild while they sim for 5.5 - 6.4k dps but what can you do during prepatch.
    Sims do not reflect actual dps and never have. Use them as a benchmark to determine if you gain more dps or less dps by equiipping something. Not to determine what kind of dps you should be doing.

    Use warcraftlogs for that

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by ClassicPeon View Post
    Sims do not reflect actual dps and never have. Use them as a benchmark to determine if you gain more dps or less dps by equiipping something. Not to determine what kind of dps you should be doing.

    Use warcraftlogs for that
    I'm well aware, it's just that warcraftlogs paints an ever worse picture if we're looking at Nya mythic in the past few days.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    You need to realize that the game, right now, in live, is balanced around level 60 without corruptions, etc.

    So obviously we will see weird things until we go well into the first or even second patch of Shadowlands.
    Oh its not really balanced there either, and they definitely try to do a bit of balancing for prepatch.

    BUT yeah there's always shenanigans going on around this time of an xpac. I remember back during legion prepatch on my demo lock we had a set bonus where every time we cast hand of guldan we'd summon guardians. This was intended for before prepatch when hand of guldan was a cooldown, but hand of guldan became a pretty spammable spender. So we would just cast 1 shadowbolt and then 1 hand of guldan over and over and have a flood of guardians streaming out of us.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

  14. #14
    Things to note:
    1. Azerite pieces. Some specs are getting a lot from the azerite pieces. Unholy DKs for example having the Magus' from azerite and from talent.
    2. Essences. Concentrated Flame and Lethal Strikes does 50% of my dps.

    Warriors don't have Azerite "talents" that cause big dps. Don't worry, both those things above turn off once you get to SL. On Beta and my warrior does a lot of DPS.

  15. #15
    Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    Oh its not really balanced there either, and they definitely try to do a bit of balancing for prepatch.

    BUT yeah there's always shenanigans going on around this time of an xpac. I remember back during legion prepatch on my demo lock we had a set bonus where every time we cast hand of guldan we'd summon guardians. This was intended for before prepatch when hand of guldan was a cooldown, but hand of guldan became a pretty spammable spender. So we would just cast 1 shadowbolt and then 1 hand of guldan over and over and have a flood of guardians streaming out of us.
    I know what you mean, but the theory is that balance is around level 60. Honestly, I think that they "balance" around the second tier patch of the expansion, in order to give themselves enough time. First patch usually goes fast anyway.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    I know what you mean, but the theory is that balance is around level 60. Honestly, I think that they "balance" around the second tier patch of the expansion, in order to give themselves enough time. First patch usually goes fast anyway.
    Well the first balance pass usually happens during heroic week before mythic opens up. I imagine because that's the first opportunity to get decent data on how classes are performing since everything we do outside of raids is pretty trivial excluding pushing M+ which is its own beast.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    stat scale hits the warriors hardest as usual nothing new. You suck until the mid patch then get to be fine at the last patch till the next expansion.
    This hasn't been a thing for years, stop spreading outdated information.

  18. #18
    Who gives a fuck, the classes are designed around having the 37 extra systems you have at level 60 in SL and SL is a soggy unfinished and unbalanced mess at the moment. I mean that hasn't stopped Blizzard doing short sighted buffs/nerfs during prepatch in the past though but prepatch is always a shitshow.
    I7 6700K : 16GB DDR4 3000 : GTX1070 : Firestudio : Naga : G27

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by silmarilen View Post
    This hasn't been a thing for years, stop spreading outdated information.
    my first hand bfa experience tells me the otherwise.
    and the latest proof would be the corruptions disappearance. arms warrior were at top3-5 on wowlogs, where are they now? where is fury now?
    I have been playing the same single warrior since classic. It has been always the case. always.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gref View Post
    my first hand bfa experience tells me the otherwise.
    and the latest proof would be the corruptions disappearance. arms warrior were at top3-5 on wowlogs, where are they now? where is fury now?
    I have been playing the same single warrior since classic. It has been always the case. always.
    Guess you didn't play during uldir? Just because you played for a long time doesn't mean you know how a class works. Go ask any of the warrior theorycrafters they'll tell you that stuff was gone since at least legion, probably wod too.

    Also if this "scaling with gear" thing was still a thing we would still be topping the meters right now since we're still wearing mythic endgame gear. If anything the current numbers disprove your claim.

    It's all just a tuning thing, warrior is currently undertuned and since it's prepatch blizzard doesn't care and neither should you.
    Last edited by silmarilen; 2020-10-19 at 11:15 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •