Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    People's idea of good old time .. the 1.0 version where some classes just did not function and were basically an extra mob.

A private server better than classic haha.
    Also: hahaha
    Oh and: hahahaha

Now really, stop it already. It's just the same thing with better infrastructure, plus all the old kids/adults that turned into grumpy adults/old timers.
    You getting offended by minimal changes for a better service is beyond anyone.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AryuFate View Post
    I don't recall vanilla having boosts, contemporary bro-gamers, etc.
    You mustn't have actually played Vanilla then.

So has Classic successfully recaptured the vanilla mage of old? From the little time I spent on thei game, it was less social and friendly than Nostalrius. I think the retail edgelords tried Classic, whereas Nostalrius had the actual vanilla players. The pattern to note here, though, is that the farther away we get from vanilla, the more the quality deteriorates.

I said it when people were crying about Nost being shut down, and I said it when Classic was announced and I say it again...

You'll never get back that experience you had in vanilla ever again. Thats a fact, that moment came and went. Unless you have a time machine and one of those mind wiping devices from Men in Black then there's no way you are going to recapture that feeling.

I been playing since 2005 and I went back to Classic when it was rel;eased and I had fun reliving the nostalgia but for me thats all it was, nostalgia. Something I admitted back when they announced classic.

Gaming, and us as a gaming culture have changed adapted and moved on. Sure we were dumber naive and clueless in 2004 - 2005 but now we know everything. And some of you continue to believe that Classic was the answer, and it is if you want that nostalgia kick, its the same reason I like going back to playing Mario 64. But Vanilla (or classic) was only great because it was new and fresh for the time.

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Classic is Vanilla. But we're in 2020. Minmax culture has infected every aspect of every game, whereas in 2004 it was nearly nonexistent.
    Easy answer.
    Are you sure? i remember trying to min-max in cs 1.3, AOE, Starcraft, Warcraft 3, dota and some free to play mmos before wow its not like 2004 were the stone age, now if we are talking 90s games i dunno, not my time

From the little time I spent on thei game, it was less social and friendly than Nostalrius.
    Private server people are awful human beings from my experience, so I don't know where you're getting this from.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Not this shit again

Quote Originally Posted by Saltysquidoon View Post
    Do you know before classic it was possible to tell if someone had actually played vanilla or just a private server by asking them is locks did good dps? Yeah, that's how 'more like vanilla' it was.
    You understand we only played 1.12, right? that's a wash on both

Except p servers had some progression on items

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Fights made harder then they really were
    items drop rates being different
    TBC exp values
    fights not working as they should
    passive hp/mana regen nerfed to the ground.

also how is fake batching further from vanilla's real batching then nostalrius's zero attempt at batching?
    and "no item progression" what are you bloody talking about? tons of items have been locked behind later phases.
    We didn't have the values, those weren't purposeful alterations for the msot part.

The idea was to just picked the hardest version for most of them.

How this makes them worse not better i don't know. It's 2020 using the hardest version makes sense to me

Any deviation again with fights not purposeful, felt fine.

As to the regen values I have no reason to think ti's not classic that's fucking it up. The fake batching changes all that shit as well even if they have the right values.

Because replicating the fake batching was extremely complex and in question whether or not it was better. they did the rational thing and dumped it. Not put ina shitty version that arbitrarily changes the game

Quote Originally Posted by javierdsv View Post
    A private server better than classic haha.
    Also: hahaha
    Oh and: hahahaha

Now really, stop it already. It's just the same thing with better infrastructure, plus all the old kids/adults that turned into grumpy adults/old timers.
    You getting offended by minimal changes for a better service is beyond anyone.
    I think there has been enough examples to void any claim that it is the same thing. Sure, their infrastructure is better - which is another nail in the coffin. Private servers have been able to run better with upto 5x the population - without using layers or limits on a zone.

I dont think the service better. Not at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sithalos View Post
    Private server people are awful human beings from my experience, so I don't know where you're getting this from.
    Ironic. Specially concidering your post history.