Page 1 of 2
LastLast

WoW Patch 9.0.1 Hotfixes - October 15, Naxxramas Raid Testing - October 16

Shadowlands Beta - Build 36206 - Level 51 to 60 XP Reduced

WoW Patch 9.0.1 Hotfixes - October 15, 2020
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Classes

• Death Knight
      • Unholy
        • Unholy Blight (Talent) now applies Virulent Plague at max melee range.
    • Druid
      • General
        • The Legion Class Hall Dreamwalk teleport is now available to players starting at level 10 (was level 12) after completing the quest “To The Dreamgrove”.
      • Balance
        • Vision of Perfection (Azerite Essence) should now properly extend the duration of both Solar Eclipse and Lunar Eclipse if it activates while Celestial Alignment is already active.
    • Paladin
      • Protection
        • The absorb from First Avenger (Talent) no longer double dips into Versatility.
    • Shaman
      • Enhancement
        • Lightning Shield no longer gains stacks of Maelstrom Weapon before level 29.

Creatures and NPCs

• Various Druid NPCs have remembered how to shapeshift.

Dungeons and Raids

• Players leveling through Battle for Azeroth can now queue for Freehold and Atal'Dazar in the Dungeon Finder at lower levels.
      • Alliance players will unlock Freehold at level 10 and Atal'Dazar at level 16.
      • Horde players will unlock Atal'Dazar at level 10 and Freehold at level 16.
    • Temple of the Jade Serpent
      • Sha of Doubt
        • Touch of Nothingness now deals appropriate damage on Normal difficulty.

Items and Rewards

• The Flash of Brilliance 4-piece Heirloom set bonus will no longer hit enemies that you are not engaged in combat with, except for players of the opposite faction when War Mode is enabled. They probably deserved it.

Quests

• Players who reach level 50 will once again receive the quest, “A Dying World”, and will be directed to Magni Bronzebeard in Silithus to obtain their Heart of Azeroth. There is no escaping from his storytelling!
    • Players can again escape from the Frozen Throne through Bwonsomdi’s Death Gate during the quest “Jailer of the Damned”.
    • Fixed an issue where lower level Priests were unable to complete the Priest Class Hall Campaign quest “Murloc Mind Control”.
    • Resolved an issue where “Stay of Execution” was unavailable for some players.
    • Cork Fizzlepop’s location will now display if he despawns while on the Horde quest “Finding Your Way”.

Naxxramas Raid Testing - October 16
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Tomorrow, Friday, October 16, we will continue our raid tests in Naxxramas, with the Arachnid Quarter.

NA - 2:00 p.m. PDT (5:00 p.m. EDT) to 6:00 p.m. PDT (9:00 p.m. EDT)
    EU - 23:00 CEST to 03:00 CEST

Available Bosses:
    • Anub’Rekhan
    • Grand Widow Faerlina
    • Maexxna

This testing schedule is very fluid and subject to the realities of a test environment. We might have to change the time of a testing session, change the bosses being tested, or cancel a test entirely, due to bugs, server hardware issues, etc. Keep an eye on this forum for the latest information, and thank you in advance for testing and providing feedback.

Q: How do I get into the raid zone?
    A: To facilitate and expedite testing, there is an NPC named Johnny McWeaksauce that has taken up temporary residence at Light’s Hope Chapel in Eastern Plaguelands. He will provide players with Naxxramas attunement and instant teleportation into the Naxxramas raid. Johnny’s brother Jimmy, can be found within the raid and will provide access to consumables and reagents.

Q: Can I test with less than a full, content-ready raid group?
    A: There will be a zone aura present within the raid that will provide players with a significant health and damage boost to help them overcome the challenges of Naxxramas. The intent of these raid tests is not to provide a challenge that perfectly matches what we expect players to experience when the raid goes live. The intent is to exercise boss mechanics and give us additional confidence that the raid encounters are behaving as expected. The hope is that even if you cannot muster a full 40-person raid to test with, or wish to form a pick-up-group on the PTR, you can still participate and make considerable progress within the dungeon if you so desire.

Please use the in-game bug reporter to send us any bug reports or issues that you encounter while playtesting on the PTR. We appreciate you taking the time to test this content, and we look forward to your feedback.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2020-10-16 at 02:50 AM.

No Ravencrest's Legacy quest fix Hopefully soon!

- Players who reach level 50 will once again receive the quest, “A Dying World”, and will be directed to Magni Bronzebeard in Silithus to obtain their Heart of Azeroth. There is no escaping from his storytelling!

Oh brother... please get us out of this misery... :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krom View Post
    No Ravencrest's Legacy quest fix Hopefully soon!
    That was fixed yesterday.
    Here is something to believe in!

Why do you even need raid testing for naxxramas at this point?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Domixux View Post
    Why do you even need raid testing for naxxramas at this point?
    To make sure it works properly? How is this even a question?

The Flash of Brilliance 4-piece Heirloom set bonus will no longer hit enemies that you are not engaged in combat with, except for players of the opposite faction when War Mode is enabled. They probably deserved it.
    Nice! So they've already nerfed their already shitty heirloom bonus and they're leaving in its potential to hit enemy players. That will be really fun when you're in a neutral quest hub with guards and level up from a quest turn-in! /s

Surprised they decided to fix VoP for Moonkins, figured they were trying to slowly discourage it's use.

Still not gonna complain, bit more time with it before it gets retired.

I wonder if they'll fix the overturning for some places like Arathi highlands bosses. For example 1 boss used to have 4-5 times your health now it has 12 times and hits like a truck. Most bosses there hit really hard now. I also tried HC island expeditions with my pally and where I could probably pull 3-4 groups and AOE them down, now I can barely take 1 group down... even had to use loh or defensive cds to do some. The total time needed also seemed to be at least double... Any other spots that you see issues? It's really dishearting most of the effect of pre patch for me is a big nerf... Pally rotation didn't change that much and cba for barber...
    Last edited by verganas; 2020-10-16 at 11:28 AM.

The Flash of Brilliance 4-piece Heirloom set bonus will no longer hit enemies that you are not engaged in combat with, except for players of the opposite faction when War Mode is enabled. They probably deserved it.
    Can't wait to see a variation of that in every patch note between now and when they remove it.

Quote Originally Posted by verganas View Post
    I wonder if they'll fix the overturning for some places like Arathi highlands bosses. For example 1 boss used to have 4-5 times your health now it has 12 times and hits like a truck. Most bosses there hit really hard now. I also tried HC island expeditions with my pally and where I could probably pull 3-4 groups and AOE them down, now I can barely take 1 group down... even had to use loh or defensive cds to do some. The total time needed also seemed to be at least double... Any other spots that you see issues? It's really dishearting most of the effect of pre patch for me is a big nerf... Pally rotation didn't change that much and cba for barber...
    Totalmente agree, on all my chars i can get a big dick pull, now its feels poor and weak...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordheim View Post
    To make sure it works properly? How is this even a question?
    Ahh yes, raid testing 15 year old content, makes total sense, and like a great use of resources.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

Quote Originally Posted by dumathoinn View Post
    Ahh yes, raid testing 15 year old content, makes total sense, and like a great use of resources.
    You are forgetting that there is a sizeable chunk of people that sub only for classic. Those people deserve tested, nonbuggy content just as much as retail. Just because you nor I play it, doesn't mean it's pointless.

Hate seeing this mentality spread, not everything created in a MMO has to be catered to you, a single person. There should be activities and content for all sorts of people to enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Except it would only be "textbook" confirmation bias if I fully believed that a third spec was actually coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jwco View Post
    Totalmente agree, on all my chars i can get a big dick pull, now it feels poor and weak...
    Yep... In other places, it's almost the same as before e.g. horrific visions. So they haven't tuned some specific places yet...

It actually is a good use of resources considering Classic is doing better than Retail. These bosses haven't been tested in 15 years lol.

Quote Originally Posted by verganas View Post
    Yep... In other places, it's almost the same as before e.g. horrific visions. So they haven't tuned some specific places yet...
    Horrific vision was easier for me as prpt paladin now. I can't talk about island expeditions because I never did them as a prot paladin, but in most non nyalotha environments I seem pretty damn invulnerable right now. I even soloed some mythic bfa dungeon bosses (I'm at 101 ilvl used to be 440ish before squish). My time to kill is definitely faster than it was before because I'm not waiting for beam procs.

Actually is a great use of resources. Classic-only is now a sizable chunk of their player base and they need to make sure the raid that was designed 15 years ago and hasn't been available in that iteration on live in 12 years actually still works.

I am Murloc!
    7+ Year Old Account
    Naxx will stay active way much longer this -second- time. everybody and their grandma will visit the 4 wings or at least give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by The Dark One View Post
    That was fixed yesterday.
    Fantastic news, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bootynuzzler View Post
    Nice! So they've already nerfed their already shitty heirloom bonus and they're leaving in its potential to hit enemy players. That will be really fun when you're in a neutral quest hub with guards and level up from a quest turn-in! /s
    The heirloom bonuses seem to have been designed to encourage people to switch between characters... which is, yeah, whatever. Levelling is now quick enough that it's not totally frustrating, but this AoE thing and the buff associated with it seems pointless. I'm finding that it's triggering most often when I've just finished a whole bunch of quests and it's gonna take me a few minutes before I even manage to kill more mobs for the next bunch of quests.

Not only is it gonna aggro guards if you ding while in a neutral quest hub, but you're gonna potentially kill someone lower level, or at the least piss them off enough that they might just decide to start a fight with you (at the hubs without guards).

The other side is that someone might kill you with it because of the same reasoning. People could argue "jUsT dIsAbLe WaRmOdE", but warmode shouldn't be a reason for dying from something that no one has any actual control over.

It's actually a real detriment to the levelling experience for those with WM on.