Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Why do these skills even exist?

Yo guys, I talk about the Flametongue Weapon and the Primal Strike, and I talk about elemental specialization.

I mean, it's like those two skills may deal like 200 dmg on a fight where you dealed 500k dmg. I mean, it's a negligible amount of damage.

Do you see any way to give use to these skills? I don't even enchant my weapon, it's like spending 1 second on an unnecesary skill.

I'm sure you can see any good uses to these skills, so please, explain me.

Enchanting flametongue weapon used to increase spell power for elemental, so I honestly thought that was the intention with the reintroduction for elemental. I guess that's not the case? Haven't actually played my Shaman as elemental since patch 8.2.5
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

Yeah I don't get it either. They seem completely pointless.

they listened to feeback, people like all their extra-niche supre situational skills even if just for rp/flavour reasons

They are shaman spells, not elemental spec spells. Enhance uses the buff and Primal turns into storm strike later. It's no different than all warlock specs getting corruption back. As soon as you spec Demo or Destro, you take it off your bar.

Yes, it would have been nice if it buffed spell power too like the old days. I also would have liked to see Wrath of air or maybe totem of wrath return since Enhance got WF and Rsham got back Mana tide. Ele has no spec unique totem or buff.

In that case, move these two skills to enhancement spect, since you're not gonna use it on ele, it's not even worth it on any situation.

ur a fuking shaman u should ahve those spells doesnt matter if u dont use them, this is RPG game stfu

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    they listened to feeback, people like all their extra-niche supre situational skills even if just for rp/flavour reasons
    Bringing back useful stuff was the feedback they got (e.g. Shadow Word Death baseline, Kill Shot unpruned), bringing back useless stuff wasn't.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

In terms of how to make Flametongue work for Ele, mana isn't much of a dps resource anymore so any kind of theme of attacking with slow weapons while you were getting mana back doesn't seem like something that would be appropriate. I guess maybe it could be useful if using melee abilities like Primal Strike (and autos) with Flametongue did actually get significant mana back for Ele, like maybe in a situation where you're trying to save the group when a healer is down, or when you're mana starved in a survival phase of a fight, or are just trying to solo a hard-hitting monster in the open world. But "more white damage than wands" isn't a relevant niche anymore, as casters no longer do any kind of ranged autos.

As far as Lightning Shield goes, it was initially implemented as a defensive tool to reflect damage to attackers (and to hold aggro, in days where shaman tanked). It could be a good bit of utility then if the Shield could actually contribute to being a kind of threat and defensive tool for Shaman in case a tank goes down - then they can hit the Lightning Shield and try to off-tank for a while. But that would probably mean redesigning the ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Pwnyride View Post
    They are shaman spells, not elemental spec spells. Enhance uses the buff and Primal turns into storm strike later. It's no different than all warlock specs getting corruption back. As soon as you spec Demo or Destro, you take it off your bar.
    This poster is correct.

I'd also like to talk the time to soapbox about how this is how low the bar for content in WoW has gotten, pointlessly returning spells (which admittedly should never have been removed, people should be free to play wrong) to appeal so some theoretical playerbase who want to play a version of wow they nostalgia created in their mind.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lighthalzen, the City-State of Prosperity
    Flame tongue used to give spell power, they will fix it soon

What i want to know is why the fuck lightning shield is still a useless self buff that barely does anything. In warcraft 3 it was a massive aoe skill that wrecked armies, in HotS, reghar uses it to deal aoe damage on either himself or allies. Its such an iconic ability implemented in such an unsatisfying way.

Id love to see current lightning shield deleted from memory and replaced by an aoe buff that can be cast on self for enhance, on enemies as elemental or on allies as restoration shaman. That is the kind of class skill that should exist. Fuck flametongue and crappy lightning shield, they can get deleted for all i care.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Seriously, this is a complaint? Or does the "you haven't added this to your action bar" prompt annoys people so much that they just can't ignore them?
    People are complaining because blizzard hyped the 'unpruning' up as a feature of the expansion (because nostalgia sells in the wow sphere) and resultantly figured it would be content you actually used.

No one would care if they just quietly re-added the spells for flavour and because people should be free to use non-optimal spells if they want.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    well i think people dont want useless shit back, when i talk about weapon imbues i want it how it is as enhance where you enchant windfury and it actually does something with you, but giving resto and ele the chance to imbue flametongue which does extra dmg on AUTO ATTACKS is the most retarded thing of all unpruned abilities imo. blizz just dont care about shaman. for me its like a kick in the nuts because you cant be that dumb to give these spells back and think ppl want an auto attack boost for ranged specs. come on

- - - Updated - - -

for ele the unique totem was most likely skyfury which is in the game but as honor talent, would be cool to make it baseline so that ele can actually bring a very good raid cd back.

btw there is still the healer weapon imbue missing (forgot the name) so bringing this back would have been cool too, but blizz isnt cool

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel0rar0 View Post
    In that case, move these two skills to enhancement spect, since you're not gonna use it on ele, it's not even worth it on any situation.
    Blizz did that and players got angry so they undid that. That's literally why they are there now.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel0rar0 View Post
    Yo guys, I talk about the Flametongue Weapon and the Primal Strike, and I talk about elemental specialization.

I mean, it's like those two skills may deal like 200 dmg on a fight where you dealed 500k dmg. I mean, it's a negligible amount of damage.

Do you see any way to give use to these skills? I don't even enchant my weapon, it's like spending 1 second on an unnecesary skill.

I'm sure you can see any good uses to these skills, so please, explain me.
    Blizz removed "useless" skills.. people raged "Too much removing/pruning" and now in shadowlands they do an "Un-pruning" and still some people complain.

Why can we not just be happy ?

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Blizz removed "useless" skills.. people raged "Too much removing/pruning" and now in shadowlands they do an "Un-pruning" and still some people complain.

Why can we not just be happy ?
    They didn't just remove "useless" skills, they also removed highly situational but useful ones. Flametongue Weapon, currently, is not highly situational at all.

Blizzard mistook niche and class defining abilities with watered versions of pre-existing skills, instead of looking at old things that were just fun and ocassionally useful. In shamans case, Sentry totem comes to mind as a means of getting good screenshots of boss kilss in raids, hunters' Eye of the beast, practially useful? No, but I laughed my ass off when i was younger walking my devilsaur around in Stormwind Cathedral during Rp down time, when people were just standing around.

People did not ask for hunter's mark, the current iterration Flametongue weapon, or Shadowe word; pain / Death for holy priest. Would be much, much nicer if they had taken a moment to consider what people actually missed from their classes, give them back, have they none, make something new, but with the added functionality as needed.

As a holy priest main, I'm not unhappy having some more damage options, or Circle of Healing back as a base spell, but I played with that talent more or less ever since it was taken away, the row is kinda shit anyway, and will most likely change nothing. I am also vehemently against us getting Shadow word: Pain / death as it's thematically completely out the window. All they had to do, was change them into holy versions of themselves, functionally the same, but still thematic.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Bringing back useful stuff was the feedback they got (e.g. Shadow Word Death baseline, Kill Shot unpruned), bringing back useless stuff wasn't.
    Yet another example of the devs trolling the playersbase. I said this before and I say again: they are like evil genies. You ask for a sexy girlfriend, they snap their fingers. Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand it's your mom.

they are doing thisdeliberately at this point I feel like. All these can't be a mistake.

Devs have nothing to do with who's deciding which skills are to be implemented or not, they just code the stuff their bosses tell them to.

It's Ion and his design coworkers.