Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    they listened to feeback, people like all their extra-niche supre situational skills even if just for rp/flavour reasons
    more like people just like to get angry when they take away things, regardless of if they use them or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Draknalor186 View Post
    Why can we not just be happy ?
    Unleash Elements wasn't useless.

Like, please actually process what is being written before you type a response.
    You never use Primal Strike or Flametongue in a realistic scenario, they are just *there*.

Blizz removed "useless" skills.. people raged "Too much removing/pruning" and now in shadowlands they do an "Un-pruning" and still some people complain.

We can't be happy because they unpruned the wrong things

Blizz removed "useless" skills.. people raged "Too much removing/pruning" and now in shadowlands they do an "Un-pruning" and still some people complain.

Because Blizzard missed the point when it came to the criticisms of pruning. People didn't ask for abilities to be brought back into the game just so they have prettier bars with more buttons on them. People specifically asked for abilities that had niche functionalities like Icy Touch which allowed you to purge with the right glyph. They've taken the lazy route and just returned a seemingly random selection of spells because they're too retarded to realize why people complained about pruning to begin with.

Also many of the abilities used to have a use but have lost their utility since the Legion reworks. These abilities were fun to use in the context of previous iterations of class design but aren't really compatible with their current vision of how classes should function.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    As I said, I find Lightning shield kind of useful, but I guess somebody will tell me they kick me out of their mythic+ if they see me use them as ele

Master of Elements, so hey...let me put flametongue on my weapon.

Gonna go into the mage forum to check out if anyone complains that Fire mages have frostbolt (that I guess nobody uses) and arcane explosion.
    At least mages have legit use for these specific spells. Frostbolt can be used to slow something down (granted the damage cost is probably too big to be worth doing), and Arcane Explosion is better than anything mages have to aoe down old content that would die from just breathing in its direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    As a warlock, allow me to be the first to say that I get tremendous amounts of joy from watching fear pathing take you to Africa.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayarr View Post
    Twinking is like going back to school when you are 30, just to be smarter than the other kids.

All I can say is at least for Shaman the useless unpruned hasn't become a core part of the rotation.

Gonna go into the mage forum to check out if anyone complains that Fire mages have frostbolt (that I guess nobody uses) and arcane explosion.
    Arcane mages are probably not too fussed seeing as frostbolt is objectively worse than slow.
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

- Earthliving Weapon giving a HoT never was useless
    - Flametongue Weapon giving + spell damage never was useless
    - Kill Shot never was useless
    - Baseline Hammer of Wrath never was useless
    - Shadow Word Death baseline was never useless
    - Ascendence baseline was never useless (guess what, it's still a talent)

I could continue this list forever.

There are so many useful things they could have unpruned that really would add something to classes. Yet in most cases they unpruned useless sh*t no one asked for.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

15+ Year Old Account
    Seriously, this is a complaint? Or does the "you haven't added this to your action bar" prompt annoys people so much that they just can't ignore them?
    That is why I have crap on toolbars I don't even have showing. I hate seeing in my spellbook crap that isn't on my toolbars because I think that maybe I should have that on there or I'm missing something I should have up. I put all useless crap or crap that is a once in a blue moon on toolbar 2 lol

Hahaha this is my favourite complaint about SL. There were so many forum threads whinging about "muh pruning" "muh class fantasy" "muh empty action bars" and telling Blizzard that Far Sight was totally useless but "shaman deserve to have it". So, unpruning comes around, people get useless spells back (which is exactly what they asked for, don't try to revisionist history your way out of that fact), and then they complain about having useless spells. It's like everyone has the memory of a fucking goldfish, and they've forgotten why these abilities were removed or made spec-specific in the first place.

Those abilities existing in your spellbook doesn't mean anything. Not everything you have is made to be rotational, or even useful. People wanted "flavour", now you have flavour, and you're complaining that you don't want it anymore. It's genuinely hilarious at this point - next expansion will have no systems added on top of talents/gear and you'll all be here crying about how it's a "core feature" of expansions to have borrowed power and you need something to grind on top of your class-specific stuff. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyanu View Post
    they listened to feeback, people like all their extra-niche supre situational skills even if just for rp/flavour reasons
    except thats not remotely the case,there never were completly useless abilities,sure there are situational stuff like eyes of the beast or whatever,but even that had a use,stuff like flametongue for elemental has ZERO use,even wile lvling...the fact is all these abilities are just for the sake of the devs saying ''uhuhu we listetened guys so shut up now''...its obvious they are joking with these abilities,its rather sad that they have such disgust of their players

its even worse with rets,they took 3 pasives they alredy had...and made them auras hahahaha,that you have to CHOSE hahahaha...oh boy

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by caramel0rar0 View Post
    Yo guys, I talk about the Flametongue Weapon and the Primal Strike, and I talk about elemental specialization.

I mean, it's like those two skills may deal like 200 dmg on a fight where you dealed 500k dmg. I mean, it's a negligible amount of damage.

Do you see any way to give use to these skills? I don't even enchant my weapon, it's like spending 1 second on an unnecesary skill.

I'm sure you can see any good uses to these skills, so please, explain me.
    its not that they deal low dmg,its that they have no use,you wont use primal strike as ele instead of casting

- - - Updated - - -

except the stuff they removed were not useless,primal strike for ele is LITERALY useless,its obviously a joke from the devs adding these spells,they think the player base is THAT dumb
    Last edited by deenman; 2020-10-18 at 07:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StillMcfuu View Post
    All I can say is at least for Shaman the useless unpruned hasn't become a core part of the rotation.
    That's because they reremoved searing totem

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post
    Hahaha this is my favourite complaint about SL. There were so many forum threads whinging about "muh pruning" "muh class fantasy" "muh empty action bars" and telling Blizzard that Far Sight was totally useless but "shaman deserve to have it". So, unpruning comes around, people get useless spells back (which is exactly what they asked for, don't try to revisionist history your way out of that fact), and then they complain about having useless spells. It's like everyone has the memory of a fucking goldfish, and they've forgotten why these abilities were removed or made spec-specific in the first place.
    The problem isn't (or shouldn't be) re-adding useless skills, I doubt if they just randomly did it during a patch anyone would notice or care.

The problem is Blizzard sold the unpruning as a 'feature' of the expansion as a lazy low dev time way to weaponise nostalgia to bump box sales. Under those circumstances yes readding stuff you will literally never use is a shitty move (well more shitty then trying to sell old spells as a feature).
    Tonight for me is a special day. I want to go outside of the house of the girl I like with a gasoline barrel and write her name on the road and set it on fire and tell her to get out too see it (is this illegal)?

It's just beyond stupid.

I have leveled 2 chars to 50 so far, doing my third one now, which is a hunter and I am leveling survival.

Some genius thought adding steady shot and arcane shot to survival was a good idea.
    I am beyond stunned at this.

because they still can't do it right.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nzx View Post

Those abilities existing in your spellbook doesn't mean anything. Not everything you have is made to be rotational, or even useful. People wanted "flavour", now you have flavour, and you're complaining that you don't want it anymore. It's genuinely hilarious at this point - next expansion will have no systems added on top of talents/gear and you'll all be here crying about how it's a "core feature" of expansions to have borrowed power and you need something to grind on top of your class-specific stuff. Can't wait!
    I have noticed that activision barely funds the devs and people making this game. this is the result of underpaid devs choosing some of the most mentioned abilities and adding it to everything without bothering to update it for new content. the death spiral of this game is getting much more pronounced

Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    I have noticed that activision barely funds the devs and people making this game. this is the result of underpaid devs choosing some of the most mentioned abilities and adding it to everything without bothering to update it for new content. the death spiral of this game is getting much more pronounced
    Lmao yeah and you've "noticed" this how? "Noticed" as in you work at ATVI in a managerial position and therefore know the total funding budget for WoW development? Or "noticed" as in you pulled it out of your ass but it fits your own preconceived idea of what's going on and it's therefore factual?

15+ Year Old Account
    Every class has completely pointless spells.

That's 2020 Blizzard for you.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

That's Blizz Devs nowadays, get used to it. They've unpruned shit, so that we'll complain, then they'll use our complaints to justify themselves. "See, you don't want those spells, right ? The Great Pruning #2 arrives".

Just the same mind trick they've done with Master Loot. They've made Personal Loot the baseline and approximately the only solution for PUGs, then a few months later they've shown stats saying Personal Loot is more broadly used than Master Loot (no shit Sherlock), so they've removed ML entirely. Shifting the blame on the playerbase for something they already decided months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel0rar0 View Post
    Yo guys, I talk about the Flametongue Weapon and the Primal Strike, and I talk about elemental specialization.

I mean, it's like those two skills may deal like 200 dmg on a fight where you dealed 500k dmg. I mean, it's a negligible amount of damage.

Do you see any way to give use to these skills? I don't even enchant my weapon, it's like spending 1 second on an unnecesary skill.

I'm sure you can see any good uses to these skills, so please, explain me.
    Sorry for going off topic here... Ill just say this - "Aimed Shot" that requires ranged weapon unpruned for melee Survival Hunter.
    Let that sink in.

Quality and reasoning behind uprunning varies from spec to spec. Sometimes it has RP value, sometimes it has niche value, sometimes its just there as unpruned.

Youre a shaman so you have access to baseline shaman abilities, doesnt mean you need to put them on your bar.