Thread: Pet specs?

Pet specs?

I thought all pets could be any of the three specs a pet could be. I've been playing around with my MM hunter and noticed that I can not change my wolf or cat from ferocity nor can I change my crane from tenacity. Am I bugged or is there a certain way you need to do this?

You can't switch around since BFA anymore.

Each pet is locked into a specific spec respective of their pet family. So like all cats are ferocity.

They changed it back so that only certain pets can be certain roles. No more keeping the same pet for every role... unfortunately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinary View Post
    Ion still has the best social skills at Blizzard, just watch his hands, dont care what his speaking, the weaving he does with the hands is entertaining enough.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I thought all pets could be any of the three specs a pet could be. I've been playing around with my MM hunter and noticed that I can not change my wolf or cat from ferocity nor can I change my crane from tenacity. Am I bugged or is there a certain way you need to do this?
    Nah, they changed a while back, and yeah it's a bit of a pity.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Respect all, submit to none.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    With the dps of the pets being normalized, the only difference between the 3 pet specs is minimal. And it only changes the extra button for what you get. For Ferocity, you get lust, for tenacity you get the 20% damage reduction, and cunning I think you get master's call that removes snares and roots.

Believe that is the only difference between the 3 specs now.

Quote Originally Posted by postman1782 View Post
    With the dps of the pets being normalized, the only difference between the 3 pet specs is minimal. And it only changes the extra button for what you get. For Ferocity, you get lust, for tenacity you get the 20% damage reduction, and cunning I think you get master's call that removes snares and roots.

Believe that is the only difference between the 3 specs now.
    The passive as well. If you want leech you have to use ferocity.

I believe they all do the same amount of DPS, but only certain specs give certain abilities?
    Fairy tales are more than true – not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman
    Twitter | DeviantArt | Twitch

They changed this back at the start of BFA and I really hate it. It took away a lot of choice from hunters.
    My greatest fear is that one day, my MMO-Champion ignore list will run out of space.