Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People making a distinction between "What I like" and "What's good" in fiction. There is no objective truth, entertainment is subjective.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bwonsamdi the Dead View Post
    Oh, and leaving the end of the bread, and just taking slices behind it
    I mean, that one can be for good reason, as the end pieces can stop the slices behind it going stale as fast.

Ooh, and people who write "would of" instead of "would've".

Extra points when native speakers do that

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am native spanish speaker yet I hate it when people who don't speak english as their mother tongue pronounce it like their mother language. The result is comical and yet irritating.

I love speaking english correctly and in different dialects/accents and it just sounds so off, ESPECIALLY when said people speak it perfectly but with their mother tongue accent. Drives me nuts.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

When a cashier at a supermarket rushes through your groceries and hands you your change so fast that you don't have time to put everything in the cart / bags nor the change in your wallet or pocket. They then proceed to scan the next person's items so fast that they accumulate with yours.

10+ Year Old Account
    When random people in games just go "Just gotta Git gud." Makes me wanna punch them.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    People who put stuff in the microwave and don't take it out immediately when it pings and instead lets it make a reminder ping over and over before finally going to pick their food up. GOOD DAMN I HATE THAT NOISE SO BLOODY MUCH!

I also guess this is a IKEA microwave problem more than others, but ffs not everyone likes to listed to repeating high pitched pings constantly.

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    I am native spanish speaker yet I hate it when people who don't speak english as their mother tongue pronounce it like their mother language. The result is comical and yet irritating.

I love speaking english correctly and in different dialects/accents and it just sounds so off, ESPECIALLY when said people speak it perfectly but with their mother tongue accent. Drives me nuts.
    I'm a believer that you should be proud of your accent. It shows that you put the effort into learning a language that is probably phonetically removed from what you are used to.

My spanish, english and french (to an extent) are accent free, but my german rats me out as a native spanish speaker. People actually love the accent and find it cute (or so i've been told) ahahaha.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pakheth View Post
    People who put stuff in the microwave and don't take it out immediately when it pings and instead lets it make a reminder ping over and over before finally going to pick their food up. GOOD DAMN I HATE THAT NOISE SO BLOODY MUCH
    It's even annoying when it pings once. The secret is to remove the food when there's only 1-5 seconds left.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    It's even annoying when it pings once. The secret is to remove the food when there's only 1-5 seconds left.
    Oh trust me, I do. Problem is when others put stuff in there, then goes and sit down and puts headphones on and don't hear it when it pings and forgets about it.
    And reminding them doesn't help either as they never learn.

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a believer that you should be proud of your accent. It shows that you put the effort into learning a language that is probably phonetically removed from what you are used to.

My spanish, english and french (to an extent) are accent free, but my german rats me out as a native spanish speaker. People actually love the accent and find it cute (or so i've been told) ahahaha.

To me, being able to speak in an accent that's not from your mother tongue shows you have a good ear, have practiced and actually want to improve. To me, the ultimate show of prowess in language learning is accents.

For example, I can speak in a general american accent, british english and scottish. It comes naturally, but only after two decades of language learning and use of internet constantly.
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

People saying "at the end of the day" or even worse "I could care less" or "I could of done something".

The big trivial things for me are silly statements (PS: Intended).

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mendzia View Post
    People using loud speakers in public
    This, so much! Especially on public transport too, I don't want to listen to your shitty music, get some headphones!

People ignoring my right of way when I'm driving. It really pisses me off at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Baine is like the most unlikeable character you are supposed to like.

My own existence
    "May the way of the Hero lead to the Triforce"

"May the Goddess smile upon you."

"Hero", is what they've all been saying. This world, it isn't worth the saving."

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    When people hit Reply All to a mundane corporate email only to respond with, "Understood".

This happens a lot at my workplace and accounts for like, 10% of my emails.

Like 14 people will REPLY ALL with, "Understood.", "Thanks." or some other needless response that means fuckall.

I hope you get eaten by a lion, Sarah H. in shipping.
    Have you ever reply all back to the "thanks" or "understood"? Asking what you did to be thanked or understood? Can be funny...then again you can annoy people that your shouldn't even more.

I don't like when people speed through school zones. Then honk at you and flick you off when you are.

People who decide to use the self checkout aisle for the very first time when the place is crowded and a ton of people are queued up behind them. And they have no idea what they're doing.

Credit card readers. When you insert your card and it is accepted, it buzzes as if you were just declined. It's embarrassing until you read the screen.
    "The fatal flaw of every plan, no matter how well planned, is the assumption that you know more than your enemy."

5+ Year Old Account
    When a cashier at a supermarket rushes through your groceries and hands you your change so fast that you don't have time to put everything in the cart / bags nor the change in your wallet or pocket. They then proceed to scan the next person's items so fast that they accumulate with yours.
    Me. The cashier person hands me my change so fast and I always rush putting the dollars and coin change into my wallet to try and beat him before he can move on to the next person in line. But I never win. And he is already scanning his items while I still haven't even moved from the pay zone area (debit/credit card scanner) and I am still cramming my change into my wallet.
    Last edited by monkfailz; 2020-10-26 at 11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post

Douche parking.
    I always give benefit of the doubt since I have no clue how it looked before. Could be a car to the left or right that stood badly and made it so parking like that is the only way.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    People that walk around with (open) coffee mugs in the morning. Use a travel one when outside, geez.
    Mine is also coffee related. When people say "Don't talk to me til I've had my coffee!!"

I just find it really annoying.