Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    People that make lines hold up.

People that do not signal when they want to exit a roundabout.

The custom of saying "you are welcome". Admittedly this is very mild, but I mean, I did/said something, you said "thanks", why do I need to prolong the meaningless exchange by adding something on top of it? Of course I always say it (apart from when I am with close family) because of its cultural and social weight, but I wish it could be avoided entirely without looking rude or distracted.

People lying in an attempt to win a pointless arguement.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Have you ever reply all back to the "thanks" or "understood"? Asking what you did to be thanked or understood? Can be funny...then again you can annoy people that your shouldn't even more.
    Years ago I would sometimes be playful and reply all back with something silly. But most never got it or thought I was sincere and they were confused.

I once sent the puppy dog pointing image ironically to one of these emails and someone thought it was cute and then they started doing it sincerely. I hated myself and them equally for like, 2 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    When people hit Reply All to a mundane corporate email only to respond with, "Understood".

This happens a lot at my workplace and accounts for like, 10% of my emails.

Like 14 people will REPLY ALL with, "Understood.", "Thanks." or some other needless response that means fuckall.

I hope you get eaten by a lion, Sarah H. in shipping.
    Here's one that happens in my company that pisses me off.

"Lokesh is being recognized for this good thing he did!"

*cue the 50 emails from different members of management congratulating Lokesh*

ALL I CARED ABOUT WAS THAT FIRST EMAIL YOU ASSHOLES.
    Last edited by Adam Jensen; 2020-10-26 at 03:27 PM.
    Putin khuliyo

The sound of a glass being filled with liquid in an otherwise silent area (or on a podcast).
    I think I've had enough of removing avatars today that feature girls covered in semen. Closing.
    -Darsithis

Quote Originally Posted by ArMeD_SuRvIvOr View Post
    I am native spanish speaker yet I hate it when people who don't speak english as their mother tongue pronounce it like their mother language. The result is comical and yet irritating.

I love speaking english correctly and in different dialects/accents and it just sounds so off, ESPECIALLY when said people speak it perfectly but with their mother tongue accent. Drives me nuts.
    God, same here.
    I don't mean to be rude, but when I hear some director of a department in my company using very difficult and business-oriented words, fluidly jumping from topic to topic, speaking english perfectly but using his/her strong asian/latino/arabic/indian (feel free to choose) accent it drives me CRAZY
    I'm not a native yet I can jump freely between my native accent/kinda-british accent and american one without an effort, and I've been complimented on that ability many times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    Ooh, and people who write "would of" instead of "would've".

Extra points when native speakers do that
    The best one is when you come across "for all intensive purposes" out in the wild.
    Putin khuliyo

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Here's one that happens in my company that pisses me off.

"Lokesh is being recognized for this good thing he did!"

*cue the 50 emails from different members of management congratulating Lokesh*

ALL I CARED ABOUT WAS THAT FIRST EMAIL YOU ASSHOLES.
    Brrrooooo. This happened last Friday. Insufferable.

Why the fuck do the shipping manager in San Diego, California or the facility manager in Albany, New York need to send the "Grats!" for a middle manager promotion in Chicago? apoiunvolk;kiujasvec;kjbhsdvI

Stood in the Fire ArMeD_SuRvIvOr's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shedaar View Post
    God, same here.
    I don't mean to be rude, but when I hear some director of a department in my company using very difficult and business-oriented words, fluidly jumping from topic to topic, speaking english perfectly but using his/her strong asian/latino/arabic/indian (feel free to choose) accent it drives me CRAZY
    I'm not a native yet I can jump freely between my native accent/kinda-british accent and american one without an effort, and I've been complimented on that ability many times.
    Same, man, same. I can do a general american accent, a stereotypical british one and lastly a scottish one. Keep in mind I speak in an extremely different accent of spanish ("Rioplatense" Spanish) than your standard spanish, yet these english accents come naturally to me. I don't understand what's so hard to be frank. Just try a little bit. English is everywhere, movies, series, music. You're not that detached from these... Just try >.<
    Really sucks if they start to limit their vision for an expansion just to get the next one out faster.
    BLOOD DPS. Never forget. Still campaigning to get you back, babe.

the word "an" before a "h" that isn't silent
    it's "a herb" or "an 'erb" damn it!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    This doesn't happen often, but it's happened several times when I'm at any kind of food place where the worker makes the food for you (usually a sandwich place). The customer tells the person to "surprise" them when they go through different ingredients, only to halt the worker when they randomly go for a certain vegetable, sauce, meat or cheese by telling them "oh no, except that, and that".

Having like a dozen urinals empty, and the person who just enters decides to literally go right next to you. This applies to parking lots as well when they're completely empty and basically equal distance to the business/store, and people just decide to park directly beside you.

Pedestrians sitting near cross walks (we don't have lights where I live) with absolutely no intention of actually crossing at all (usually on a phone, or just basically no paying attention, but in a position where it looks like they're going to cross, but don't).

Drivers who literally only drive at one speed. The amount of people who drive 20KM under the speed limit in an 80 zone, only to drive 10KM over the speed limit in a 50 zone makes no sense to me, but it's not that uncommon and the speed varies based on the individual. Meet so many elderly drivers who drive 30 in 50 zones, and.. 30 in 80 zones.

When walking the streets of manhattan I can't stand people walking in zigzagging while walking.

People that make a lot of noise while eating. This is mostly due to my father sounding like a goddamn washing machine while chewing. Especially if its a juicy apple or something.

A lot of people ITT have Misophonia. I have it too. I can't stand people who chew with their mouths open, chew loudly, or breathe hard after they drink water. It makes me think they're an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by monkfailz View Post
    Douche parking.

Does this annoy you? Does it?? Me and my friend 14 years ago.

What I hate, and I don't think this is trivial, but many do:

Cleaning. I hate fucking cleaning. Especially right now since I just did it.

A doctor minimizing or completely dismissing my pain cause I'm a guy

'what are you, a girl', 'toughen up' 'a delicate flower, aren't you?' or just boldly laughing in my face

I'm coming to a doctor for PAIN RELIEF, not to be stressed about what he will say about my pain level

Biting the inside of your lip/cheek when you are eating a meal you are really enjoying. This always results in a sharp bout of anger for me.

Getting "food culture" tips.

Like you're supposed to put vinegar on this or you're not supposed to eat this with a fork. I eat everything with a fork!

People buying cigarettes at the store.
    The cigarettes are on a big shelf, so the cashier has to leave the post, walk like 2 meters, then look among the dozens of brands for THAT specific item, doesn't immediately see it, the customer has to show him, and then walk back to the cash register.
    That's like a fucking 30 sec - 1 minute of MY TIME being wasted on someone else's vice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Programming languages where array indexes start at 1.
    Putin khuliyo